Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:07 PM #101 of 496
You guys don't have to use spoilers since the episode already aired.

Anyway, I'm actually hoping that amybe Tony isn't dead, only because the silent clock wasn't used. I mean, if they used it for Edgar, it seems like it would be even more important to use it for Tony, since he's been there since season 1.

What I want to know is, when are they gonna release another soundtrack? That music they played when Lynn was out "sacrificing" himself was fucking excellent, plus there was also a whole bunch of music from the rest of the season and season 4 (especially in the finale) that was great as well. Hopefully we'll have one at the end of the season, and we won't have to wait until the end of season 6 or something.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:14 PM #102 of 496
I actually think Tony's scene was more powerful. The whole "Shes gone" in reference to Michelle was alot better than Edgars whole silent death. I was starting to choke up there, good acting on his and Kiefers part IMO.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:14 PM #103 of 496
I'm guessing Tony is dead, they seemed to make it pretty obvious. Then again yeah the silent clock wasn;t used but I dunno.

Anyway, what an emotional show. The scene when the guard was saying goodbye to his daughter ;________________; z0mg.

I agree Rockgamer. I noticed the music right away during that scene with Sam.

FELIPE NO
[/RIGHT]
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:17 PM #104 of 496
But I like spoilers:
There wasn't much I wasn't expecting until the last ten minutes, but my dad called Tony getting killed as soon as he bonked the other guy out. Kinda ruined the suprise since my dad is right about things 99.99% of the time when he calls them. =\

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool at Chloe yelling at Kim, though. "I woke up in bed with a guy I'll probably never see again and a good friend just died. I'm not having a good day" *poopy face*. I thought they were going to have a scene with Chloe going over to Edgar after the airlocks opened, though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:20 PM #105 of 496
I think a scene like that would have been a tad corny and ruined a show filled with otherwise incredible performances. That's just my opinion though. = /

Jam it back in, in the dark.
[/RIGHT]
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:22 PM #106 of 496
Yeah, Chloe surprised me in this episode, especially at the beginning when she cried. Even after all that just happened, I never expected to see her do that. I mean, I know she's still human and all, but it was just a shock coming from her. Of course, the yelling at Kim thing was classic, and so was her line to Barry (something like "Is breathing your solution to everything?") That was the Chloe I know and love <3.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hopeā„¢

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:23 PM #107 of 496
Seeing Tony die was nowhere near as emotional as watching Edgar or even Lynn go down. Matter of factly, watching Tony go down was almost expected and pretty anticlimatic for me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:26 PM #108 of 496
Meh, I stopped watching after Edgar died. He was the reason for my existence.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:27 PM #109 of 496
From a leaked NYTimes article, it seems that Tony was originally supposed to be killed off at the beginning of the season with Michelle, but Carlos Bernard suggested that he follows up his character's story with some sort of "revenge" plot.

Guys, he was marked for death from the beginning of S5, this is just a much more appropriate, tragic end. His words, "she's gone, Jack" were just so emotional, and in these past episodes, Carlos has shown more acting chops than any other season (instead of his constant "yeah"s with the speaking-out-of-the-bottom-of-the-jaw style).

I do agree that he deserved a silent clock, though. I wouldn't argue for a silent clock for Palmer and Michelle because it's only intended to be used if the death happens at the END of the episode, when the event is fresh.

Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:27 PM #110 of 496
I didn't find Edgars death to be all that emotional for some reason. Maybe it has to do with the fact that he's a fat guy(don't ask why). Hmm, Lynn is portly to be sure but not fat and I felt a lot more strongely when he died however like I mentioned the scene when the guard is talking to his daughter I found the most heart wrenching of all the events in that episode.

How ya doing, buddy?
[/RIGHT]
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:27 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:27 PM #111 of 496
The spoiler button is so cool even though it doesn't work in print version mode.:
Man, and that shrink. Jack Bauer gave him four strikes and still let him live. Quite frankly (in that bastard Stephen A. Smith's voice), that was most surprising.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkey ā€¢ twitter ā€¢ last.fm ā€¢ gfw ā€¢ backlog ā€¢ youtube ā€¢ xbox
B.K.
Chocobo

Member 974

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:30 PM #112 of 496
I'm pissed. My local Fox station cut to a commerical right after
Spoiler:
Lynn took his breath in the room. I missed his death scene. When they came back, Jack was saying something about computer files.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:33 PM #113 of 496
Originally Posted by B.K.
Spoiler:
Lynn took his breath in the room. I missed his death scene. When they came back, Jack was saying something about computer files.
That's too bad, his was the most talented death scene out of Edgar, Red Shirt, and himself.

You could tell he was a better actor. Louis Lombardi (Edgar) looked like he had no idea what the symptoms of nerve gas would be. His death was just "stop, act like you just gagged on your breath, then fall over," while Lynn's tossed in twitching and fetal position. Thumbs up, very emotional.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:38 PM #114 of 496
Originally Posted by B.K.
Spoiler:
Are you sure it was a commercial, and not breaking news or something? If it really was a commercial, you should write a complaint to the station or something, because that's total bullshit.

B.K.
Chocobo

Member 974

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:43 PM #115 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Are you sure it was a commercial, and not breaking news or something? If it really was a commercial, you should write a complaint to the station or something, because that's total bullshit.
First the screen went black, like they were having technical problems, then they ran a commercial for the 10:00 news. They aired a couple more commercials after it.

Can anyone get me a clip of that scene?

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:45 PM #116 of 496
Ladies and gentleman, 24 just jumped the shark.

In one episode, they ruined what was turning into the best season yet.

What horrible and lazy writing. Okay, we get it, anyone can die at any time. That doens't mean you should just kill countless people for shock value. And you DON'T kill the MOST LIKED CHARACTER on the show that isn't Jack in such a cheap bitch way, like he's just a trash character that doesn't matter.

Not only that, but Robocop just fucking WAKES UP and overpowers Tony? Um, NO. It doesn't work that way.

Shame on the writers.

DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:53 PM #117 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Ladies and gentleman, 24 just jumped the shark.

In one episode, they ruined what was turning into the best season yet.

What horrible and lazy writing. Okay, we get it, anyone can die at any time. That doens't mean you should just kill countless people for shock value. And you DON'T kill the MOST LIKED CHARACTER on the show that isn't Jack in such a cheap bitch way, like he's just a trash character that doesn't matter.

Not only that, but Robocop just fucking WAKES UP and overpowers Tony? Um, NO. It doesn't work that way.

Shame on the writers.
Thing is, where would Tony go from here? Become an agent again? He's completely devestated about Michelle, I don't think he'd be able to recover for a long time, and he probably wouldn't want to be involved in national security again.

Secondly, I don't think long-running characters ever have "saving everyone with their last breath" deaths. Those redeeming deaths are for characters that everyone's HATED up until now.

Thirdly, as I've mentioned, Tony was just supposed to die with Michelle in episode 1 of Season 5. Be glad he's been able to develop his character a little further.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything.

Most amazing jew boots
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:00 PM #118 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Thing is, where would Tony go from here? Become an agent again? He's completely devestated about Michelle, I don't think he'd be able to recover for a long time, and he probably wouldn't want to be involved in national security again.
Exactly, and GOOD writers would use that to their advantage and try to show us what happens to him, how he moves on, what happens to his personality, because of what happened to Michelle.

Quote:
Thirdly, as I've mentioned, Tony was just supposed to die with Michelle in episode 1 of Season 5. Be glad he's been able to develop his character a little further.
That's the problem. They didn't develop his character anymore. They put him in a bed for 10 episodes just to wake him up and kill him. It was a complete "HEY LET'S TRY TO SHOCK PPL AGAIN" moment.

How ya doing, buddy?
DSRevolution.com

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:02 PM #119 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Exactly, and GOOD writers would use that to their advantage and try to show us what happens to him, how he moves on, what happens to his personality, because of what happened to Michelle.
Don't forget though, 24 takes place in one day. That kind of character development takes more than a couple of hours to happen.

FELIPE NO
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:06 PM #120 of 496
Don't forget though, 24 takes place in one day. That kind of character development takes more than a couple of hours to happen.
Which is why you don't kill him and see what he's like next season. :P

DSRevolution.com

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:15 PM #121 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Which is why you don't kill him and see what he's like next season. :P
But then that really would be dragging his character out, and that would be kinda lame. After what happened this season to his character, the writers knew there was nothing else to do with him, so rather than drag him out for another season (he really didn't even need to be in this season at all, and since they killed him anyway they should have done it back in the first episode), they figured they might as well just kill him off (since, you know, people don't just retire or anything in this series, they always die or just mysteriously disappear).

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:29 PM #122 of 496
But then that really would be dragging his character out, and that would be kinda lame. After what happened this season to his character, the writers knew there was nothing else to do with him, so rather than drag him out for another season (he really didn't even need to be in this season at all, and since they killed him anyway they should have done it back in the first episode), they figured they might as well just kill him off (since, you know, people don't just retire or anything in this series, they always die or just mysteriously disappear).
Exactly. :\

Predictable and unneccesary death.

DSRevolution.com

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:30 PM #123 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Exactly. :\

Predictable and unneccesary death.
But I just said it was necessary.

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 11:33 PM #124 of 496
I thought Buchanan went in to the room with everyone else last week. This week he was in his office. I guess I missed something last week.

xman25

Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:41 PM #125 of 496
Originally Posted by xman25
I thought Buchanan went in to the room with everyone else last week. This week he was in his office. I guess I missed something last week.
No, he went into his office. =P

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion