Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:43 PM #76 of 496
Oh man, Hantai, I had forgotten about the Vice President and how he's probably going to be the new "bad guy" on the president's side of things.

Also, you have to wonder if the president's wife said anything to the Russians while she was wigging out that we don't know about yet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
tenzor
24 SEASON 7 JAN 2009

Member 193

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:58 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:58 AM #77 of 496
How do I hide spoilers? I want to talk about next weeks preview, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to read it. Do I hightlight my text and change the font color?

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:30 AM #78 of 496
Originally Posted by tenzor
How do I hide spoilers? I want to talk about next weeks preview, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to read it. Do I hightlight my text and change the font color?
No, type [ spoil] or [ spoiler], then [ /spoil] or [ /spoiler].

Just without the space.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:49 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:49 AM #79 of 496
That was amazing...

One of the best episodes this season, with one of the best twists I can remember

Spoiler:
I'm mad they killed Edgar though, he was actually one of my favorite characters.

FELIPE NO
DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:53 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 04:53 AM #80 of 496
OMFG that SOB Lynn. He should've reported that his bloody keycard was stolen earlier! But in the current situation, I'd say that they're screwed. They had better not kill off Jack's daughter. I'd be extremely pissed if that had ever happened.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:16 AM #81 of 496
Originally Posted by Rollins
Haha, whatever would you need something like that for?
heheh, I wanted to make this:
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=249cg.png
Thanks for the site, AC1

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:22 AM #82 of 496
Originally Posted by DBCE Slayer
OMFG that SOB Lynn. He should've reported that his bloody keycard was stolen earlier! But in the current situation, I'd say that they're screwed. They had better not kill off Jack's daughter. I'd be extremely pissed if that had ever happened.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kim go, she had been out of 24 for two seasons now and they pretty much just brought her back for a ratings grab (nothing like hyping up your two hour block with a special guest star!). While it would be sad within the storyline, practically for the show, she could be easily written off since she's found success (well, moderate) outside of 24.

I mean shoot, they killed Palmer.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:40 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:40 AM #83 of 496
Originally Posted by jouhou
heheh, I wanted to make this:
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=249cg.png
Thanks for the site, AC1
Ha Ha that's great!

If you could edit out the annoying little Fox crap at the corner, if would be a bit better.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Man_of_Pie
Banned

Member 271

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:23 PM #84 of 496
Spoiler:
I can't believe they killed off Edgar that pisses me off. I swear they're out to kill all my favorite characters. First President Palmer then Edgar WTF?!?!?!?!?! I thought Edgar was finally gonna get laid by Chloe at the end of this season. One funny thing though. Did you guys notcie that they introduce new characters just so that they can be killed off and when they showed all those people dying from the nerve gas outside the situation room you don't really give a damn until you see that Edgar dies too and nobody really cared about that chick who went to check out the ventilation system either. Those poor extras.

bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:24 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 02:24 PM #85 of 496
if this isn't the best show on tv, i don't know what is!!!!! centox in CTU?? jesus christ!!!! Honestly, i thought they were going to secure it before it went off. i didn't think they (the writers...) would let CTU, the most secure building in LA and a symbol of American security, get attacked like that.
poor edgar, yes, he was annoying, but he was harmless. i'm wondering something though, where did they put Lynn? Did he make it to the conference room??

I was speaking idiomatically.
Man_of_Pie
Banned

Member 271

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:26 PM #86 of 496
Oh yeah and what do you guys think about that new 24 game that's coming out?

tenzor
24 SEASON 7 JAN 2009

Member 193

Level 11.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:34 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:34 AM #87 of 496
Spoiler:
From next weeks preview, I believe it will be Lynn who will sacrafice his life to save the others. What will probably happen is Jack will attempt to go stop the gas himself without any protection, but he will get stuck somewhere. So everyone in the situation room (audrey, chole,kim,barry etc) will argue on who should go help him. Meanwhile Bill is in the field ops office upstairs, and through phone contact he will tell them that he is going to go in there and save Jack. However before he even goes, Lynn (who has a phone from calling his sister), calls in and tells them hes going. Lynn will end up getting the gas in time and containing it in his holding cell where it will kill him. It would make sense for Lynn to die, because he was only a guest star so I don't think he will be around for the whole season. He also feels guilty for his sister dying, and for him not warning CTU in time to prevent all this. He will think all those people died (including his sister) because of him so to redeem himself he sacrafices his life.

Also since almost everyone hates Lynn for what he has done, that would really make everyone respect him, and give his actor a respectable death. As for Tony and Henderson something is going to happen between those two. They are both laying in the same room with no security...

Originally Posted by bighunt
if this isn't the best show on tv, i don't know what is!!!!! centox in CTU?? jesus christ!!!! Honestly, i thought they were going to secure it before it went off. i didn't think they (the writers...) would let CTU, the most secure building in LA and a symbol of American security, get attacked like that.
poor edgar, yes, he was annoying, but he was harmless. i'm wondering something though, where did they put Lynn? Did he make it to the conference room??
there were 3 rooms that they were able to secure from the gas getting in. The situation room is where they are all in right now, the medical area which is where Henderson, and Tony Almedia, and the doctors, and the other room is probably where Lynn is.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Pie
overall it stayed true to the show, and the storyline was top notch. The sound was also on the mark. Voice acting was the best I have seen in any videogame, and all the real actors used their voices too. The gameplay and camera is where the game kind of goes downhill. The camera especially can be really frustrating a times. Gameplay takes a little getting use too, but I hated it at first, and eventually liked it. Bottom line if you are a 24 fan then this game is a no brainer, you HAVE TO BUY IT. If you aren't a 24 fan or just haven't watched the show, I suggest you start watching now. You will just end up buying this game once you are hooked on 24.

Here is my breakdown of the game (on a scale of 10)

Graphics - 9.0
-The characthers all look like their real life actors. The environment is also pretty nice for a PS2 game. They also did a great job with the CTU building.

Gameplay - 7.0
-Not the best gameplay, but not the worst. Could be heavily improved upon if a sequel is possible. At first you might hate the way the game plays, but after a few missions it will be a lot better. Camera also needs to be worked, because at times it just becomes ridiculous.

Sound - 10.0
-Sean Callery does a excellent job in bringing the 24 music to the game. Similar music you normally hear on the show. The voice acting is top-notch, and doesn't sound cheesy. The gunshots also sound cool (especially when you are Jack Bauer shotting off a silencer in your surround sound)

Controls - 7.0
-The aiming system makes the game real easy, but also helps. At time you have multiple enemies going at you, and the quick lock on switch aiming thing really helps you take down enemies. Otherwise the other buttons are just your basic action game buttons.

Story - 10.0
-It felt like another season of 24, plus it helps answer a lot of questions that were left unanswered. The ending however ............was very weak, but at least the other 23 hours and 58 mins of the 24 "time" was good.

Replay Value - 8.0
-No multiplayer, but their are a lot of bonuses to unlock such as concept arts, videos, and pictures. Plus after watching a episode of 24, you jsut can't help but want to play the game and pretend you are Jack.

OVERALL RATING (out of 10) - 8.0

FELIPE NO

Last edited by tenzor; Mar 7, 2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:33 AM #88 of 496
Pretty crappy game to play, but the production values are amazing. Wait for someone to rip the cutscenes.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:09 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 04:09 PM #89 of 496
I'm wondering a little though, the terrorists kept saying that their purpose was never to set off the gas on American soil, but they obviously had enough information/plan to know that Lynn would be at CTU, to contact Lynn's sister's boyfriend to mug Lynn for his keycard, and have a building plan of CTU as well. That seems like a bit much preparation for something they just made up on the fly.
It was never really stated that the terrorists contacted Lynn's sister's boyfriend (did this guy have a name?). I actually thought it was the other way around, that the boyfriend knew what he had and then contacted some people who he thought would want it. I guess either way was feasible, though.

And I wish their death scene would have had a little more detail to it. How did he manage to tie them both up? Hopefully it'll wind up as a deleted scene on the DVD.

and nobody really cared about that chick who went to check out the ventilation system either.
I hated that bitch, so I'm glad she died. She was just a cheap Chloe clone (which came out of nowhere), which we don't need since we already have one.

AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:45 PM #90 of 496
I just realized somthing.

When this is all over, the Chinese is going to be all in America's grill like crazy when they discover Jack is alive.

The awesomeness of this show - and the many WTF moments of yesterday - made me forget all about them...

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:53 PM #91 of 496
Wow. Just wow. Forty percent?! Now I understand why it said in TV Guide a few weeks ago that Homeland Security is going to get involved...

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:24 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:24 PM #92 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
It was never really stated that the terrorists contacted Lynn's sister's boyfriend (did this guy have a name?). I actually thought it was the other way around, that the boyfriend knew what he had and then contacted some people who he thought would want it. I guess either way was feasible, though.
Ah good call. I guess that's more implied but still, it's bordering on too convienent for my tastes. Plus, there's plenty of this day still left, which equals many chances for more crazy storyline twists.

In regards to 24: The Game, after the brutal beating it took from IGN (who have rarely steered me wrong) I think I'll pass until the price goes down on it. Not really itching to pay 50 bucks on a game that most people see as average.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:24 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 04:24 PM #93 of 496
Lynn's sister should've known that the people that were supposedly gonna give them 20 grand were going to kill them and he should've reported the theft of his card earlier.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:24 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:24 PM #94 of 496
Ah good call. I guess that's more implied but still, it's bordering on too convienent for my tastes. Plus, there's plenty of this day still left, which equals many chances for more crazy storyline twists.
Look up the word "Convenient" in the dictionary, and there should be a picture of 24 right next to it. If you've been watching the show long, you must know that things like that happen all of the time. Either way you look at it, where the boyfriend called terrorist or vice versa, it makes no sense. The most annoying convenient thing is how in almost every episode, someone has a gun pointed at someone, and is about to pull the trigger, and bam, he gets shot instead by someone else. F'N ANNOYING. But as long as 24 provides some actual surprises(and there have been quite a few this season I'm happy to say), I will enjoy it.

Last edited by Enter User Name; Mar 7, 2006 at 09:27 PM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:13 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 02:13 AM #95 of 496
Originally Posted by AC1
I just realized somthing.

When this is all over, the Chinese is going to be all in America's grill like crazy when they discover Jack is alive.

The awesomeness of this show - and the many WTF moments of yesterday - made me forget all about them...
Yeah. Supposedly, a future season is actually just going to be the next day, or some extremely short period of time just after the previous season. It might even be this season... who knows.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:17 PM #96 of 496
For those who wanted to see the game cutscenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiulq...0the%20game%22

Its about 1hr and half long, and its of course missing things that are in game but i though you guys might enjoy it none the less.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 05:45 PM #97 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Wha.. huh?
Alright, no one can disagree with the statement who has been watching all 5 seasons, because it just makes them look like a retard and no one wants that...or...maybe.

AHHHHHH YOU SON OF A BITCH!, YOU SON OF A BITCH!... Jack: I SHOT HER ABOVE THE KNEE CAP, SHE CAN STILL WALK.

Nuff said on these episodes for now.

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:58 PM #98 of 496
Spoiler:
DAMN IT! another hell of an episode!!! God damn they are KILLING EVERYONE this season =( I didnt think Tony would bite it, but i saw it coming when he couldnt stab henderson but damn, that was still painful to see. I just want to see Jack kill people now, too many people have died, shit needs to be fucked up now =(

Yea im kinda down right now.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 08:01 PM #99 of 496
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:
Damn, Kim is leaving. *tears* We all knew Lynn would die.... but Tony... oh shit, son. Oh, and holy crap, is that Gaius Baltar?

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:04 PM #100 of 496
Spoiler:
Holy crap, Edgar, Tony, and maybe now Curtis?! Dang, the writers are out for blood.
And that lady from Homeland Security. You know there are gonna be casualties of a different kind, bye-bye Chloe. :'(
And..Tony didn't get a silent timer. wtf.
This President rocks though....he's stupid and its still a drastic change that takes a lot of time to get used too. Martial Law, eh?...yeesh

Spoiler Buttons are fun. I <3 them

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion