Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:12 PM #51 of 496
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Also, requesting a ytmnd with Curtis running down the hallway of the hospital carrying the canister with MOVE BITCH playing in the background.
That would be fantasic. XD
Kim looks so much prettier with long hair.
oh yeah, did they forget about Lynn? LOL

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:13 PM #52 of 496
Originally Posted by Plarom
I just got back from school..

I missed the entire show tonight since my class started at 8PM and ended at 10PM.

Anyone care to give me a quick synopsis? No one in my house recorded the damn thing, so I'm at a total loss.

;_;
Download it from a torrent site. Both of these are totally worth watching instead of seeing second hand (especially the second one).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:15 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:15 PM #53 of 496
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Download it from a torrent site. Both of these are totally worth watching instead of seeing second hand (especially the second one).
Seconded. There is no way that words can adequately describe these episodes. You have to watch them for yourself.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:15 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:15 PM #54 of 496
I had a night class too. I just told my instructor that I had an "extracurricular activity" to get to so I would have to leave an hour earlier. No lies there...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:17 PM #55 of 496
Yea, good idea. I'll get on that right now.

As soon as I stepped into my house, my brother comes out of no where and says

"YOU JUST MISSED THE CRAZIEST EPISODE(S) OF 24 EVER!!"

Now I'll have to deal with all the second hand info while I wait for the download to complete..

FELIPE NO

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:21 PM #56 of 496
All I can say is holy poo on a stick, that was my most exciting two hours I've had all day and it was a pretty darn exciting day! My socks have been officially rocked. Damn I have to wait another week to see what happens!! >_<

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
[/RIGHT]
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:22 PM #57 of 496
There's no way words can convey how I feel right now. Just know that that was the best two hours of TV so far this year!

First big OMG moment: Big pimpin Aaron Pierce! Man, you could tell he was enjoying that moment as much if not more than the first lady was. My love for that scene was even greater just because I hate Logan's guts, and becuse I think she's too good for him anyway. But man, that was so hella cool!

Second moment: Curtis running out of the hospital with the gas canister. I truly didn't know if he was gonna make it out of there or not in time, mainly because of all the idiots still standing in the hallway. I mean, what part of "Clear the hallway!" don't those people understand. A very suspenseful scene.

Third moment: Jack shooting Henderson's wife. I was truly shocked by this, moreso than all the other moments except the ending of the second episode. This was totally unexpected, as I just expected him to shoot Henderson himself like he would normally do. Truly jaw-dropping.

Fourth moment: Edgar's death. Holy fucking God that was totally unexpected. But everything starting from the cut back to the show from commercial up to the ending scene was perfect. I have to say, this attack on CTU was even scarier than the bombing from season 2, as we had to watch these people die while looking at Jack & Co. watch these people die. It felt terrible just watching the nobodies die, but to watch Edgar die (and to see Chloe almost cry like that) was truly the greatest shock of the whole two hours. By no stretch was he my favorite character, but that would have been a hard death to watch no matter which main cast member it was.

Not only were those moments good, but so was mostly every thing in between (though I have to admit that I still don't really care for this Bierko guy as the villain yet). But as great as those two hors were, next week looks like it could surpass it.
Spoiler:
I don't what the hell they were doing, but it looked very suspenseful sense they're trapped in CTU like that

If they can keep pulling shit off like these two episodes, season 5 may just pull up ahead on my season ranking list.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:28 PM #58 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
First big OMG moment: Big pimpin Aaron Pierce! Man, you could tell he was enjoying that moment as much if not more than the first lady was. My love for that scene was even greater just because I hate Logan's guts, and becuse I think she's too good for him anyway. But man, that was so hella cool!
I just have to say that I agree with you there. There was just something about that scene. And Aaron is one of my favourite characters, he's just so awesome!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
[/RIGHT]
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:32 PM #59 of 496
I actually only just started watching "24" last Monday, but I'm with a good group of people, and I've been getting filled in. HOT DAMN this show is addicting.
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Third moment: Jack shooting Henderson's wife. I was truly shocked by this, moreso than all the other moments except the ending of the second episode. This was totally unexpected, as I just expected him to shoot Henderson himself like he would normally do. Truly jaw-dropping.
Oh man, you cannot believe how floored I was by that. That was amazing on so many levels - especially the suddenness with which he did it. He just whipped the gun over and shot her in the leg - brilliant. That scene showed just how much of a real bastard that Henderson guy is.

I also liked when the ambiguously-accented dude who planted the gas in the CTU facility got shot by Jack. That right there, they should've just flashed on the screen "OWNED" for a frame or two. Or, when he took the guard hostage: "I'm in your base, killin your doods." Come on. You thought it, too.

Also, in regards to Aaron, I'm more of a fan of the way he ended the last episode - "Oops! I'm not dead! But you guys are!" BANG BANG!
Bad Guy: "Wait, I'm a terrorist! I've got this nasty flamethrower!"
Aaron: "Oh, so then it'll blow up bigger when I do this!" BANG!
Bad Guy: "OH SNAP!" (is blown up)

Aaron pwns hardcore.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:36 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:36 PM #60 of 496
Spoiler:
Holy crap. Is Tony in the same room as Henderson? Oh shit...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
waka waka

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:37 PM #61 of 496
Definatly reminded me of why I love and why I watch 24.

Spoiler:
Don't count on anyone like Kim, Barry, Bill, Chloe, or anyone else important making the "ultimate sacrifice", put your money on Lynn, basically because it will be redemption for him.

Double Post:
So what do you guys think it is that Henderson knows? I don't think that CTU is a target, probably something bigger. Smart move by the terrorists though...crippling CTU will help their cause, but fuels the Vice Presidents plan for Martial Law.

Last edited by khan0plinger; Mar 6, 2006 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:49 PM #62 of 496
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Spoiler:
Holy crap. Is Tony in the same room as Henderson? Oh shit...
Spoiler:
From what I can understand, yeah....Tony is gonna fuck shit up! lol

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:50 PM #63 of 496
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Spoiler:
Don't count on anyone like Kim, Barry, Bill, Chloe, or anyone else important making the "ultimate sacrifice", put your money on Lynn, basically because it will be redemption for him.
Spoiler:
Barry is important?

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:55 PM #64 of 496
I forget, where did Curtis finish this episode?

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:00 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:00 PM #65 of 496
RR, I think Curtis is still on the way back from the hospital, or still working there.

Was Lynn in the same room as everyone else? I didn't see where he and Bill ended up, though I thought Bill was in the conference room.

Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:01 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:01 AM #66 of 496
Wow all I can say is wow the second half was amazing poor Edgar… when you think about he died because he was trying to be a nice guy and check on the that chick in the blue shirt. Had he stayed at his desk he probably be in the room with Jack. Now next week:

Spoiler:
Tony and one of the men responsible for his wife’s death looked in the same room… intense set up if you ask me. Classic 24 Tony will definitely be thinking about taking revenge out himself, a mini-version of jack struggle to not kill nina in seasons two. Will he make the right choice or will it end up like the last time Tony and Jack paralleled each other (seasons 3 trying to save Michelle)

Also another death next week:
I’m hoping for the unlikely candidate of Kim’s new boyfriend: a self-sacrificing death would fit with the entire “Don’t judge him dad” thing. It would be a very safe death since we don’t have any attachment to him but there still plenty of drama to be had. Kim’s negative feelings towards her father would only increase after this. It be almost like some twisted karma: Kim entered CTU thinking it and her father’s job took away two of the people that were dearest to her, she finds out that isn’t entirely true but with in minutes the universal “corrects” itself to keep her forever miserable. I like this path for next week eps. (besides the above reason we are run out of characters here) But no one is ever safe on 24 so we have to wait and see.

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:11 PM #67 of 496
Spoiler:
I dont think it will be Barry to go, he's got to do some more stuff to piss of Jack, eventually Kim...and fans of 24. Either that...or he will end up being the Paul Raines of season 5...and do something to help out...only to get himself killed. If i remember right, that kind of led to dissention between Audry and Jack?

Most amazing jew boots
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:21 PM #68 of 496
Originally Posted by Dan
Spoiler:
Kim’s new boyfriend
Spoiler:
Ahem..therapist. Not necessarily boyfriend.

How ya doing, buddy?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:25 PM #69 of 496
Originally Posted by CloudNine
Spoiler:
Ahem..therapist. Not necessarily boyfriend.
I thought that too, but nah, it's boyfriend. "Boyfriend that is 20 years older than her." He said so in an interview on the news after 24.

I'm guessing the writers chose him because:
1. She was missing a romantic part of her life (Chase left).
2. She was missing a father figure (her dad "died").

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:37 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:37 PM #70 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
I thought that too, but nah, it's boyfriend. "Boyfriend that is 20 years older than her." He said so in an interview on the news after 24.

I'm guessing the writers chose him because:
1. She was missing a romantic part of her life (Chase left).
2. She was missing a father figure (her dad "died").
Boo, nevertheless I already don't like him, so seeing him die would be much appreciated. Not only does he look like someone who's going to die, but did you see the way he talked to Jack? No one talks to Jack unless spoken to.

Spoiler:
So 40% of CTU died. That's ridiculous. CTU got pwnd. I wonder how things are gonna get done for the second half of the season. Oh wait, Jack Bauer...

waka waka

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:47 AM #71 of 496
Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
Yep, discuss the greatest show ever made.
Wha.. huh? Since when was this the Angel Discussion Thread?

Anyway! Holy crap, the second episode tonight was probably the most tense in 24 ever. The last 10 minutes were incredible. And fuckin' Edgar. Silent timer.

FELIPE NO
DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:02 AM #72 of 496
does anyone have screenshots of when jack was going to cut out walt's eye?
i've tried google image search but they give pose pictures, no screenshots.

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:09 PM #73 of 496
Haha, whatever would you need something like that for?

Oh dear god, I agree with the feeling I get from the thread here, it was just all levels of awesome tonight O_O It seemed to have all the best parts of previous seasons crammed into one season. We were due for another attack on CTU anyway.

I'm wondering a little though, the terrorists kept saying that their purpose was never to set off the gas on American soil, but they obviously had enough information/plan to know that Lynn would be at CTU, to contact Lynn's sister's boyfriend to mug Lynn for his keycard, and have a building plan of CTU as well. That seems like a bit much preparation for something they just made up on the fly.

And I really wanna know what Henderson is hiding. He let his wife get shot and would even let her be crippled (props on good acting as well, his face was super red after she got shot) to hide his info.

Spoiler:
Too bad Tony will kill him.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:21 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:21 AM #74 of 496
Oh man, I was just going "Holy Shit! Holy Shit! HOLY SHIT!" Throughout that last 10 minutes of each episode.

Great way to set up the next episode too, with Tony and Henderson in the same room.

Speaking of Henderson anyone have any theories on what he could possibly know that would make him say that it'd be like opening "pandora's box"?

And man, I hate how Logan is so easily manipulated. That guy is way too dependant on others to make his decision, I hope this is the last season that we see him as President.

Ahh, can't wait till next week!

(BTW, X-Men 3 looks awesome!)

AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:22 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:22 AM #75 of 496
Originally Posted by jouhou
does anyone have screenshots of when jack was going to cut out walt's eye?
i've tried google image search but they give pose pictures, no screenshots.
http://www.24fans.de/24.htm

Click on Screencaps Season 5, 12:00 High Noon

EDIT: This is located under "Galerie"

I almost cried seeing Edgar die. So damn sad.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by AC1; Mar 7, 2006 at 01:31 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion