Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Thoughts on racism

KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:18 AM #1 of 215
Thoughts on racism

I got this in an email today. I found it quite interesting. I thought I'd share. It is not my intention to offend anyone but only to enlighten them! In the intention to not offend anyone I have edited ALL the racist slangs so that the whole word is not used.

Quote:
You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You call me "Whiteb*y", "Cra*ker", "Ho*key", "Wh*tey"

and you think it's OK.

But when I call you, Ni**er, Ki*e, Towe*he*d, Sand-ni**er, Ca*el Jo*key, Be*ner, Go*k, or Ch*nk you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,

so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.

You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

You have the NAACP.

You have BET.

If we had WET(white entertainment television) we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives, we'd be racists.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US, yet if there were one "White college" that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.

But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud to be white and I'm not a racist.

But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Forward, if you agree.
I think what this it trying to tell us is that racisim is a 2 way street and all sides should let it go!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:22 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 03:22 PM #2 of 215
Quote:
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
Because niggers are inherently violent, am I rite?

Double Post:
This email was composed by an idiot, and I hope you didn't actually forward it to anyone.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Jun 19, 2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:36 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 10:36 PM #3 of 215
Quote:
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.
Somehow I don't think these are the ones getting the blacks only college funds. Oh and it's totally a one way thing right? The shooting crajacking and robbing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:42 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 09:42 AM #4 of 215
I'm all for lol'ing at backwards or one-way treatment on these things since it is often inherently stupid or showing extreme favoritism, but the fellow who wrote this has a good deal of hate I can tell. The line in particular that RAB quoted is quite. Uhm. Odd. Every race does that I'm afraid =I

Ahaw. Racisim.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:35 PM 1 #5 of 215
I am proud to be white and I'm not a racist??????

Why would you be "proud" to be white. Its like saying I'm proud that i have brown hair, or proud that I'm 6 feet tall..its stupid. How can you be proud over something you had nothing to do with, proud of a genetic roll of the dice? Its one thing to be proud of ones accomplishmnets, but taking pride in your race is kind of stupid.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:12 PM #6 of 215
Quote:
You have the United Negro College Fund.

You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

You have the NAACP.

You have BET.
Just out of curiousity, is the writer or you aware of the amount of struggles and stuff that had to go in order to get these things?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
daguuy
I am IronMan

Member 3545

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 02:36 PM #7 of 215
most of the current living black people didn't do squat to get those. they're getting celebrated for what they're ancestors did. i'm not racist or anything but the US seems to be a little racist against whites

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 08:54 PM #8 of 215
I love how that forward didn't mention slavery. At all.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:15 PM #9 of 215
The time of sympathy toward slavery has long passed. Blacks just like any other race have equal rights now, so there are no longer excuses.

Jewish people have the Holocaust which is probably worse than slavery and you don't see them crying about everything.

I have a lot of black and minority friends so I'm not racist, but I have to call it how I see it. Living in a highly populated city of minorities, a lot tend to want things handed to them very often without any effort in earning it.

The race card is too often pulled in today's society. IMO, some blacks and other minorities use it as a crutch to be lazy and get things handed to them. Not all, but a fair share. At least here in Philly.

No race is perfect though.

As far as racism goes, people are too often in society called racist. If someone says something like "blacks are more athletic than whites" they would be called racist by a large majority of people in today's society. Even though that above statement is so obviously true. IMO, to be racist you have to show obvious hatred or undermining of a race. Saying I hate this race or this race is a disgrace to the planet and are animals, then that is racist. But logically comparing two races and giving one an advantage over the other in terms of something(like athleticism), it is not racist.

How ya doing, buddy?
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Jun 19, 2006 at 04:21 PM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 11:28 PM #10 of 215
Originally Posted by DragoonKain
The time of sympathy toward slavery has long passed. Blacks just like any other race have equal rights now, so there are no longer excuses.

Jewish people have the Holocaust which is probably worse than slavery and you don't see them crying about everything.

I have a lot of black and minority friends so I'm not racist, but I have to call it how I see it. Living in a highly populated city of minorities, a lot tend to want things handed to them very often without any effort in earning it.

The race card is too often pulled in today's society. IMO, some blacks and other minorities use it as a crutch to be lazy and get things handed to them. Not all, but a fair share. At least here in Philly.

No race is perfect though.

As far as racism goes, people are too often in society called racist. If someone says something like "blacks are more athletic than whites" they would be called racist by a large majority of people in today's society. Even though that above statement is so obviously true. IMO, to be racist you have to show obvious hatred or undermining of a race. Saying I hate this race or this race is a disgrace to the planet and are animals, then that is racist. But logically comparing two races and giving one an advantage over the other in terms of something(like athleticism), it is not racist.
lol *waits for a troll to show up*

Quote:
I have a lot of black and minority friends so I'm not racist
This was the best line of all.

How ya doing, buddy?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:32 PM #11 of 215
So, Gumby...was there some kind of point to your post? You wasted my time.

I also believe the race card is played a bit too much in society, but the name-calling thing can be justified...nigger, for instance, is a term of sheer condescension, while cracker is a word that refers to white people. The fact that whites have never been the minority means that we cannot be insulted by somebody of a supposed "higher order" than we.

Race superiority is a fact in some fields, but it doesn't make one man better than another man overall. That's the truth, and it shoudl be upheld by everyone, ideally

Returned
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:33 PM #12 of 215
A few things do bug me about the double standard regarding racism. Whomever wrote this e-mail actually listed a couple of my complaints. However, the biggest one I always have is that there are televised "African-American" award shows. By themselves, it's okay to have them. However, once I take into account that either there aren't any award programs for other races or that such programs aren't televised, I find a problem.

I'm not racist. I just hate the double standard.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:33 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 02:33 PM #13 of 215
Quote:
You do not understand the historic context of racism, or socio-economic cost of slavery on the population that was enslaved, nor the cascading factor of political discrimination and poverty over the generations and the fact that such discrimination still exists.

Because so much has been dependent upon the ability of certain groups to intergrade into the "main stream society", in which certain minority groups has never been able to accomplish, not because unwillingness or lack effort, but because it was never been acceptable in the public sphere.

Most amazing jew boots
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:41 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 03:41 PM #14 of 215
Bah, there's no such thing as a 100% pure race, so why bother. Even if somebody is 'pure _____,' chances are that somewhere in their history they were conquered by some other race, and then they got mixed in. I say I'm Portuguese, but the Azores island my great-grandparents come from was mixed with Moors at one point - so I could have some African blood in there. I know at least 20 people who are some percentage Cherokee, but they're whitewhitewhite.

I agree that saying things about certain races being more prone to certain diseases or better at sports or whatever should not be taken as a racial remark. I mean, sometimes it's just stating the facts.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:52 PM #15 of 215
Racism exists and always will..on all sides. The biggest problem with blacks claiming racism today is when they claim it and who is usually chosen to fling the term around. You can depend on some poverty pimp like Al Sharpton, Quannel X (local Houston shit stirrer) and others to shout racism everytime there is an incident where a black guy, usually after committing a crime or fleeing the police on a high speed chase, is apprehended and touched up a bit. Same thing happens when a white guy fucks up, but theres no poverty pimp there to swoop in and call the police a bunch of racists.

Cynthia Mckinney, the moronic congresswoman, slugs a cop, then claims the cop was racist, all because she was rushing into the capitol without I.D.

A bunch of people get stuck in New Orleans after katrina and of course thats was racism too. God sent a racist hurricane I guess.

The point is all these whining claims of racism do nothing about real racism, except to make other non-blacks feel less inclined to want to trust or deal with blacks at all. It's also not all white on black..there is no love lost for the blacks among the Asian or Hispanic communities either.

As far as there being a lack of effort among blacks to integrate, this is partially true. A 75% illegitimacy rate, along with high unemployment and the worship of the thug lifstyle among black men leads to a generall unacceptance in society..and for good reason. If illegal aliens are streaming here and finding work, why are so many young black men unemployed?

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:52 PM #16 of 215
I don't even care about certain minorities having their own days. It doesn't effect me, so I really don't even care.

The thing that bothers me is that if a white history month was put into effect, a lot of minorities would pull a race card saying whites are forcing their history onto minorities.

I agree with the poster that said there are too many double standards. A lot of things are ok in one instance, but not in the other.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Wesker
Racism exists and always will..on all sides. The biggest problem with blacks claiming racism today is when they claim it and who is usually chosen to fling the term around. You can depend on some poverty pimp like Al Sharpton, Quannel X (local Houston shit stirrer) and others to shout racism everytime there is an incident where a black guy, usually after committing a crime or fleeing the police on a high speed chase, is apprehended and touched up a bit. Same thing happens when a white guy fucks up, but theres no poverty pimp there to swoop in and call the police a bunch of racists.

Cynthia Mckinney, the moronic congresswoman, slugs a cop, then claims the cop was racist, all because she was rushing into the capitol without I.D.

A bunch of people get stuck in New Orleans after katrina and of course thats was racism too. God sent a racist hurricane I guess.

The point is all these whining claims of racism do nothing about real racism, except to make other non-blacks feel less inclined to want to trust or deal with blacks at all. It's also not all white on black..there is no love lost for the blacks among the Asian or Hispanic communities either.

As far as there being a lack of effort among blacks to integrate, this is partially true. A 75% illegitimacy rate, along with high unemployment and the worship of the thug lifstyle among black men leads to a generall unacceptance in society..and for good reason. If illegal aliens are streaming here and finding work, why are so many young black men unemployed?
I agree with a good deal of this post. The term racism by minorities, including blacks is too loosely thrown around. Like when there are protests when a black serial killer is about to be executed. The protests aren't anti-death penalty, they are anti-killing blacks. The excuses pour out about how the guy is innocent and how everyone around him is racist and just wants to see a young black man get killed.

Not all blacks do this, but the fact is a select amount throw the term racist around WAY too loosely. The race card is just pulled far too often.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Jun 19, 2006 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:59 PM #17 of 215
Originally Posted by Krelian
I love how that forward didn't mention slavery. At all.
Truth.

This appears to be a case of pulling out the "Reverse discrimination" complaint. Sadly, I almost was swayed o think accordingly by the lines such as when white people are called stuff like "Wh*teboy" it's like racism.
I read on though, and realized how ridiculous that email was when lines like "I have lots of black and minority friends so I'm not racist at allno not ME! Impossible!" were quoted, as well as that silly "we get shot at and robbed part"
"Tsk!" at the originator.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 05:02 PM #18 of 215
I wouldn't say the originator is racist. The post reeks of anger about certain issues, but it doesn't mean the anger is directed toward minorities. He can just be sick and tired of the double standards.

He didn't come flat out and trash minorities. I think it would be ignorant to call the guy racist.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:29 PM #19 of 215
The "shot and robbed" part isn't all that silly. Here in Houston anyway the vast majority of violent crime is done by blacks..mostly black on black, but also most of the random car jackings and robbery/murders are done by blacks. It's a sad fact, not racism. Houstons violent crime rate is up 23%, highest increase in the counrty, mostly becuase of the 150,000 (mostly black) katrina refugees Houston has taken in.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 07:58 PM #20 of 215
The thing that bothers me is that if a white history month was put into effect, a lot of minorities would pull a race card saying whites are forcing their history onto minorities.
Whites are forcing their history onto minorities, every history class in America from elementary school to high schools about white American and European history. It really says something when most minorities know more crap about England and France than they do about their own country (or their parent's country, parent's parents, etc.).

Racism does still exist in this country but the country is probably not becoming more or less racist but more classist. A lot of predominately black neighborhoods dangerous because of the extreme poverty level correlates to the rise of drugs and crime. I'm sure in the same respect there are poverty stricken white or asian neighborhoods you wouldn't want to be walking around at night.

If you're puttering about the suburbs and saw a giant black guy coming towards you in a suit, you're far less likely to walk over to the other side of the road than if it's a homeless white guy in rags. Nowadays, people are just assholes about race because they assume stereotypes of you in regards to it, but context is becoming increasing more and more important. But two races under the same context, well racism nearly always wins.

That's how racism still exist, it's just more subtle, like the whole concept of the corporate glass ceiling and the "token" character in the media or politics and racial quotas in academics or the job market. When two different races compete in the same context, the "superior" race in the eyes of the social norms usually win. And whites are on the top of that pecking order.

And with New Orleans, I'm sure all the rich black people got out in time, while poor white people were left behind. George Bush doesn't not care about black people, he just doesn't care about poor people.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:01 PM #21 of 215
I agree with the poster that said there are too many double standards. A lot of things are ok in one instance, but not in the other.
We tried to let you have your own little white pride clubs, but then you lost the privilege when you started killing people. Don't blame me, kike.

Quote:
Like when there are protests when a black serial killer is about to be executed. The protests aren't anti-death penalty, they are anti-killing blacks.
Way to cottoncherrypick, there.

Quote:
I think what this it trying to tell us is that racisim is a 2 way street and all sides should let it go!
It honestly doesn't matter whether you're racist or not, when you say such mind-numbingly stupid things.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Sarag; Jun 19, 2006 at 10:04 PM.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:28 PM #22 of 215
I don't know how anyone could say there isn't reverse racism going on in this country. I read 6 months ago about a scholarship someone tried to start up for Caucasians only, got shot down because it was racist.

African-Americans are going to always have their inferiority complex if we keep shit like affirmative action up, which TELLS them that everyone thinks they are inferior.

I'm definitely tired of double standards.

But on a slightly different note, there's too much shit being called racist that isn't. You dare make a funny joke on a black guy's expense, or a mexican's expense, you get labeled as an ignorant racist. Why can't it just be FUNNY and nothing else? Heck, I make mexican jokes around my mexican friends, they think it's funny, THEY make mexican jokes. Racism is actively denying people constitutional rights based solely on their race. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm also sick and tired of seeing a race card pulled in courts where race has nothing to do with the matter.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by kat
Whites are forcing their history onto minorities, every history class in America from elementary school to high schools about white American and European history. It really says something when most minorities know more crap about England and France than they do about their own country (or their parent's country, parent's parents, etc.).
I'm sorry, but this is just extremely ignorant. We aren't forcing 'white' history on anybody. We are teaching the history of how America came to be, and like it or not, we started off with a colony of WHITE people coming to this country for the freedom to practice their religion without hamper. Race has nothing to do what is being taught. HISTORY has everything to do with what is being taught.

There isn't any reason to learn about black history outside of a black history class, unless you are talking about slavery/civil rights. Anything back further than that is pointless in a history class.

kat's post proves my point. People are interjecting race issues into things that have nothing to do with it. No wonder there's still so much racism in this country. People don't want to let the issue just die.

Around where I live we have this really cool program called "Celebrate Diversity." At first I thought it was one of those stupid things where minority oppression just gets shoved in your face, where they tell you how much stuff needs to be changed, etc, but I couldn't have been more wrong. They have this massive festival every year, it's probably the biggest thing around my area. I showed up when one of my friends (who is an excellent drummer) was playing in a band there invited me to come see him. It's just a time to hang out, get to know members of the community, eat some ethnic food, watch the air show, etc. This whole festival was just as much about hispanics (our main minority group) as it was other minority groups, and whites. It was just to show how awesome the blending of all these different cultures can be - including everyone's favorite - the terrible, oppressive, racist, whites.

I'm definitely planning to show up next year, hopefully for all of the festival. They have the whole race issue viewed from a very positive, and very correct angle.

Most amazing jew boots

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; Jun 19, 2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:49 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 08:49 PM #23 of 215
Originally Posted by deadally
Race superiority is a fact in some fields...

Such as?

Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
I'm sorry, but this is just extremely ignorant. We aren't forcing 'white' history on anybody. We are teaching the history of how America came to be, and like it or not, we started off with a colony of WHITE people coming to this country for the freedom to practice their religion without hamper. Race has nothing to do what is being taught. HISTORY has everything to do with what is being taught.

There isn't any reason to learn about black history outside of a black history class, unless you are talking about slavery/civil rights. Anything back further than that is pointless in a history class.

That right there is fucking ignorant. Just to disgregard any amount of history is completely asinine. Blacks have as much importance to the history of America and the world as much as whites, Native Americans, Asians, Indians and any other culture and/or race of the world. To leave out one in favor of the other only leads to the same mistakes being made.

Race is still an important issue and even in the rest world, as the riots in France has shown. It may seem like racism is gone but it's just pushed under the radar, away from the public concscience, wrapped in the warm blanket called 'political correctness'.

Sure, some of the issue does lay within the individual. The ghettos could be improved with the support of the community. However, the fact that the stereotypes and ignorance permiates within many whites agrivates things. Attributing statistics such as crime and arrests to race doesn't show that such a race is more troublesome, it just shows that that race is generally in a disadvantageous situation. I can guarentee you that the situation would be exactly the same with only the skin color changed.

I'm very fortuante to be where I'm at, and no I don't know what it's like to be persecuted, harassed or discrimated on the basis of my skin color. I wish I did, it would be easier to empathize.

FELIPE NO
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:53 PM #24 of 215
Originally Posted by a lurker
We tried to let you have your own little white pride clubs, but then you lost the privilege when you started killing people. Don't blame me, kike.

Way to cottoncherrypick, there.

It honestly doesn't matter whether you're racist or not, when you say such mind-numbingly stupid things.
lol, kike. Sorry, but I'm not even 1% jewish. I am 100% italian, so if you are going to call me anything call me a dago.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:53 PM #25 of 215
What history are we disregarding? Slavery and Civil rights are VERY important parts of American history, and SHOULD be taught, and we should definitely learn about important Black people in American History. Which we do. As well as important people of OTHER races.

But there is no reason for the importance to be based on race. If the person was an important contributor to American History, learn about them. I don't give a crap whether he was black, white, asian, or an oompa-loompa.

Black importance should NOT be the FOCUS of American History classes. AMERICA'S development into today's world should be. Black participation in that is just one small part of a larger whole. Involving native americans, asians, etc.

Black cultural development in Africa has absolutely NOTHING to do with American history whatsoever, and should NOT be taught in an American History class. That's best left for a Black History class.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; Jun 19, 2006 at 10:56 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Thoughts on racism