Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Your Latest Media Purchase (DVD/CD etc)

Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:12 PM #76 of 446
I bought South Park Season 2-3-4-5 this week. I couldn't resist, they were all 20$ each!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Currently Playing: Kingdom Heart II
Waiting for: Nothing this month
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:17 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 12:17 AM #77 of 446

After I went to "The 69 Eyes" concert last night, I bought these 4 cd's before the concert. Althought the concert was great, these cd's are fun and great to listen to. Some stuff I needed to add in my collection.

I was speaking idiomatically.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:20 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 10:50 PM #78 of 446
Last week I bought Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions (CD), Arrested Development Season 2 (DVD), Scrubs Season 1, 2 & 3 (DVD), Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1 (DVD) and Guitar Wolf - Love Songs (CD).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:35 PM #79 of 446
Bought these today:

Haven't had time to watch anything though.

FELIPE NO
magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:33 AM #80 of 446
I recently purchased :

CD : Seal (album #2)

Description : Its very different, almost unique, his own style of music, hes very spiritual, as it reflects to most of his songs. Unlike others, many of his songs have meaning, thats not to say others dont. I love his music. My favourite track is of course "kiss from a rose" atleast from this album. He has four albums released thus far, and in time I hope to collect all of them.

DVD : Richard Simmons Super Sweating : Party off the Pounds
Video : Richard Simmons : Groovin in the House

Description : Personally I find Richard Simmons to be a great motivator when it comes to aerobic excercizes. I like his energy, and how he displays it during the workout. Hes full of life, and charisma. I love his dvds and videos, because he makes you want to get out there and sweat those pounds off. He encourages you to follow the amazing workout that he prepares in his videos and dvds. Amazing workout, chart topping music, and an eclectic group of people, jam them all together and you get one hell of a workout on video.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supersweating.jpg (57.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by magewarrior; Mar 25, 2006 at 10:37 AM.
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:11 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 05:11 PM #81 of 446
I just bought Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but unfortunatly here, in Brazil, there's only the Fullscreen Edition. It comes with the bonus disc but only in fullscreen, but since I bought the original Fullscreen I'll just download the Widescreen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:29 AM #82 of 446
Picked this up the other day:

How ya doing, buddy?
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 04:10 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 05:10 AM #83 of 446
Wink

Finally the R1 release of FFVII, will watch it later tonight after I get through the 2nd disc. Was a bit disappointed the disc didn't include any DTS audio tracks but that'll probably be on the blu-ray or superbit editions. :doh:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:49 AM #84 of 446
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ

Finally the R1 release of FFVII, will watch it later tonight after I get through the 2nd disc. Was a bit disappointed the disc didn't include any DTS audio tracks but that'll probably be on the blu-ray or superbit editions. :doh:
You got yours already? I'll have to pick it up when it arrives in stores on Tuesday.

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 03:33 PM #85 of 446

Yeah, but besides that there really isn't much on the 2nd disc. Content was so minimal you could create a 1:1 image of the disc without compression. There was alot more they've could've put on this disc but I expect it to show up later on HD versions. Oh well.

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 03:25 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 03:25 PM #86 of 446
I just got myself the first season of Scrubs. (A little late...)
In retrospect, the earlier episodes aren't as good as the ones later on, excluding the disappointing new season. However, it's pretty nice to see how the actors evolve over time, as cheesy as that may sound.

I still am having trouble finding Scrubs fans in real life, as most people said that they saw one episode and decided that they didn't like it. Grr! If you actuall stick to it, you may discover something special and heartwarming about it, aside from its quirky sense of humor. This is imagination gold. I also really like how there's no live audience. YES!

I might also add that the cast is excellent, especially during the later episodes, when you really see the actors at their "peak." I really can't see this show with any other set of people.

I'm still going crazy over the cute box.

Now, I'm still trying to get the rest of the seasons, as they are, in my opinion, the best.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by elwe; Apr 24, 2006 at 03:29 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 03:39 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 02:39 PM #87 of 446
I just picked up Gilmore Girls seasons 1-2 and Veronica Mars season 1 today. Couldn't resist at $23 each!

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:43 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 12:43 PM #88 of 446

(Chameleon)

(Walls of Jericho + Helloween LP + Judas)

Got these two at Tower Records in New York. They were both labled 13.99 but they only ended up being 9.99 each because of some sale they were having i was unaware of. I didn't have too much extra money, so i decided not to splurge anymore.

(A Change of Seasons)

Picked this one up second hand in a FYE down in Washington. I think it was only about $5

I didn't have a CD player with me on this tour, so i haven't actually heard any of them lol. I've heard select songs off of the two Helloween ones, but that's about it. I'm gonna give them all a listen through tonight.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 12:57 PM #89 of 446
I have a quick question: Does this thread cover books (written and comic) as well? I mean, it does just say 'media purchase' in the title, and since the media centre covers books, it would be logical to think that books would be considered media as well. Besides, it would be kinda pointless to have a thread that just covers people's latest book purchases when they could all be encompassed within this thread. I was just wondering.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 03:36 PM #90 of 446
So I recently went CD shopping after cashing in my tax return.

Atheist - Elements

I've been looking all over for something by Atheist, finally found a CD!

Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns

I love Amon, and had to get something of them.

Old Man's Child - Revelation 666 The Curse of Damnation

I love them as well, I just had In Defiance of Existance.

Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory

Skin Chamber - Trial

I only picked this up because it was a buck. It sort of sounds like industrial rock. It's ok. Worth a dollar? Sure, I wouldn't pay any more than that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 06:01 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 05:01 PM #91 of 446
Picked up a few things today. First off, I got Newsradio Season 3. Damn this a great show (I just finished the seasons 1 & 2 set about a month ago), so I had to get the latest season that was out. Next up, I got Kingdom Hospital: The Entire Series. I've been wanting this for a while, but I've only been able to find the single volume releases up until now (well, I have seen this before, but never when I had any money). Just my luck too, as it was part of a buy one get one free deal at Sam Goody, so I ended up with Seinfeld Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 for free. Great fucking deal in my opinion, as this was another show I've been wanting to get for a while, but just never got around to getting. This was about the only other good show on the list anyway (mostly old comedies like The Jeffersons and Good Times, which I don't really care for).

Also, I finally managed to find a copy of the 24 Original Television soundtrack. I already have a burned version of this, but I mainly just wanted this to collect more 24 merchandise (I'm probably not even gonna open it).

Also, the reason I asked the question about if we could post book purchases in my last post is because I got this sweet 24 comic (which is simply titled 24). It's the trade paperback edition that contains all three of the previous comics (One Shot, Midnight Sun, and Stories) in one book. I haven't read it yet, but I skimmed through book, and I must say that the artwork is fucking sweet. I did read the first page of the first comic though, and the story seems like it's gonna be interesting, especially since it covers

Spoiler:
Nina's first day at CTU!

Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 01:11 PM #92 of 446
I ordered Advent Children and Galactic Civilizations 2 tonight. The former was a no-brainer while the decision to purchase the latter was actually very much influenced by the recent StarForce scandal involving it. I'd like to see more games without any medium-related copy protection. And yes, I think I'll also enjoy playing it - a good friend of mine is absolutely hooked and I trust his verdict.

Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:14 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 08:14 PM #93 of 446
Bought Napalmed / Merzbow - "Crash of the Titans" and a 4-way split tape between Damage Digital, Torture Incident, Extreme Decay and Demisor entitled "Durian Is Food, Grind Is Good". Got both for RM35, and come to think of it I probably could've spent another RM5 and gotten Phobia's "Get Up and Kill".

Both are good albums, although the second Merzbow track off of "Crash of the Titans" is kinda lackluster.

Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 02:39 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 11:39 PM #94 of 446
Let's see, I've recently bought some cd's and a dvd.
Dvd was the Fellowship of the Ring Special Extended Edition, for my new hometheater.
Cd's I have bought quite a lot recently, considered that usually I don't buy any cd's. These piqued my interest though: Sonata Arctica's new live cd/dvd pack: For The Sake Of Revenge, Blind Guardian's 2-cd live album: Live (Japan version), Genso Suikoden V OST and Genso Suikoden III OST. And these I bought or ordered in two days, guess I had too much money to waste?

How ya doing, buddy?
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 11:47 AM #95 of 446

All of my latest music buys.

FELIPE NO
Tappy
Oh, Batsy!

Member 542

Level 15.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 09:26 PM #96 of 446
Bought a lot of DVD's recently..."too" much actually!

-- Howl's Moving Castle (another Miyazaki masterpiece)
-- Kiki's Delivery Service (Was rather curious about this one, since I probably "almost" bought it about a million times....and I'm not disappointed)
-- Japanese Story (one of the best movies I've seen in a long time...Toni Collette is absolutely earthshattering in it)
-- Samurai Champloo Boxset 1 (region 2 France/Holland) (still have to get into this anime, but so far it has kept my interest well enough, unlike many anime's I've tried out recently)
-- Pink Panther 6 disc boxset (I had never seen these classic Clouseau picture's before and I thought it was about time I did...and I love'em!)
-- Un Long Dimanche De Fiancailles (Like Amelie, another Jeunet masterpiece)
-- I Heart Huckabees (very weird movie...that eventually turned out really rewarding!)
-- Ong-Bak (The only one I have yet to see, but I've had enough positive recommendations from people to know for certain that I'll like it)
-- The Burbs (an absolute Hanks/Dante classic and an all-time favorite movie of mine)
-- A Home At The End Of The World (sweet little drama movie, which could've been better, but I still enjoyed it)
-- In Her Shoes (another great Toni Collette movie)
-- The Life & Death Of Peter Sellers (Geoffrey Rush is quite spectacular in this movie about Seller's life)
-- Animal Factory (Surprisingly good jail movie with Willem Dafoe & Edward Furlong)
-- Alf Season 1 Boxset (region 1) (Didn't think I would love it as much as I did when I was a kid, but I actually enjoyed it a lot)

All great movies and series, I would recommend them all!!!

Last edited by Tappy; Apr 28, 2006 at 03:37 PM.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 02:40 AM #97 of 446
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ

I got the DVD too, damn the eng dub was terrible! Only Vincent, Red, and Reeve had good voices.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 07:39 AM #98 of 446
Like other people mentioned, I got FFVII: AC on Tuesday, along with:

I can finally watch the last Godzilla movie. Awesome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Freelance; May 2, 2006 at 03:55 AM.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 04:07 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 05:07 PM #99 of 446
Originally Posted by Chibi Neko
I got the DVD too, damn the eng dub was terrible! Only Vincent, Red, and Reeve had good voices.
My tolerance level didn't allow me to keep the ENG5.1 track playing throughout the entire duration of the film. I had to start back from chapter 1 and play it with the original audio with english subtitles, they've could've done much better when it came to selecting voice talent.

Last DVD I managed to pick up yesterday was Munich. Not sure how the movie fared overall but been meaning to catch this for sometime now. :eyebrow:

S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 05:47 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 05:47 PM #100 of 446

The first DT album I've bought, it cost me 43 bucks! (CDN) It was worth it though, it's awesome! The Glass Prison is annoying, because it's the best song on the album and they put it first, which makes the rest of the album a bit dissapointing, at least until Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence(42:04), what an epic musical undertaking!

I'm going to buy Octavarium or Train of Thought next probably...

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Your Latest Media Purchase (DVD/CD etc)