Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:23 PM #76 of 546
You're right, Marbury isn't a great point guard at all. A star should definitely be able to tailor his game to the team concept, and Marbury's got it all mixed-up. He doesn't make anyone around him better.

Let's say New York decides they've had enough and want to part ways with Marbury...

Who would want him.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:39 PM #77 of 546
lol, dude, T.O. just got a brand-spanking new deal with the Dallas Cowboys after all that crap he pulled last year in Philly. SOMEBODY is going to pick Marbury up. I have no idea who though. Maybe Boston would be stupid enough to trade Pierce for him? They traded Antoine Walker when they shouldn't have... got him back.... then traded him again!! Morons.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:55 PM #78 of 546
Yeah ... Marbury will always find another team who wants him. There's too much talent there. But he's really a cancer, though. I think that any young, rebuilding team would hesitate to him because of his negative influence. Even Playoff contenders may look at him crooked because he may very well end up disrupting their chemistry.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Marbury ends up back in Minnesota. It's like coming full circle. It's like, "I was so stupid, please take me back." But as a Timberwolves fan, I don't want Marbury back.

I like how before he was traded from Minnesota, Marbuary was always "New York this, New York that, Coney Island this, Coney Island that" and "Minnesota's too cold."

But he was really thinking, "How come KG gets more money than me."

Then he got traded to New Jersey, he was like, "It's still not New York, but close enough" and "What is Keith Van Horn."

Then it's on to Phoenix, and it's all "Amare is MJ, KG is Mario Elie."

Finally, he gets shipped to New York, and it's like "Yes! I'm finally going home and playing in front of the Garden -- it's a dream come true" and "I'm the best point guard in the NBA."

Now he gets booed at home.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 02:31 PM #79 of 546
Maybe the guy just hasn't found the right spot for himself. He might not be right for Larry Brown's system, but the way he's going about it is totally wrong. It's just like when Vince Carter threatened to not play hard while he was with the Raptors in hopes that he'd be traded. Well, he finally got his wish and he's playing great ball now in Jersey (the way he went about it was wrong as well). Stephon Marbury has the potential to be a superstar-type player, he just doesn't have the drive, determination or class to make it happen.

On another note, the Los Angeles Kobes lost to 'Bron 'Bron and the Cavs yesterday. I love when Bryant gets his points and they still lose. It's just classic! haha, Eric Snow is probably even a better PG than Marbury right now.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by bishop743; Mar 20, 2006 at 02:35 PM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 01:22 PM #80 of 546
Originally Posted by bishop743
On another note, the Los Angeles Kobes lost to 'Bron 'Bron and the Cavs yesterday. I love when Bryant gets his points and they still lose. It's just classic! haha, Eric Snow is probably even a better PG than Marbury right now.
Eric Snow is a much better PG than Starbury on the lone fact that Marbury isn't a point guard. It's all about the Eric Snow Show.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:35 PM #81 of 546
It's just like when Vince Carter threatened to not play hard while he was with the Raptors in hopes that he'd be traded. Well, he finally got his wish and he's playing great ball now in Jersey (the way he went about it was wrong as well).
Okay, I am in T-Dot. And obviously, the mere mention of Vince Carter makes me mad

He didn't just threaten to stop playing hard. He actually just stopped playing.

Half-man Half-season. Half-man Half-effort.

-----

I just purchased tickets to go see the Timberwolves play the Raptors. I'm really excited.

The last time I went to see the Timberwolves was back in the 2000-2001 season, so it's been a while.

I figure there's a chance this could be the last time I see Kevin Garnett in that Timberwolves jersey. And KG's my boy, so I can't miss this.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:31 PM #82 of 546
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Okay, I am in T-Dot. And obviously, the mere mention of Vince Carter makes me mad

He didn't just threaten to stop playing hard. He actually just stopped playing.

Half-man Half-season. Half-man Half-effort.
Do you not like him because of what he did to get traded or did you not like him front the start?

Most amazing jew boots
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:37 PM #83 of 546
Do you not like him because of what he did to get traded or did you not like him front the start?
Oh, I loved Vince Carter from 1998-1999 to 2003-2004. Even though he got hurt a lot later on, I still loved what he did for the franchise. City of Vinsanity, as it was.

And a healthy Vince Carter was a spectacular show. He was athletic, explosive, clutch, personable, and did stuff for the community and charities.

But his final few months as a Raptor ... I can't believe he did that. And to go to New Jersey, and suddenly play his heart out ... that really hurt the people in T-Dot.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:48 PM #84 of 546
Big game tonight between the Heat and Pistons. It doesn't look like Shaq is going to play so the Pistons should have the edge. The Pistons have owned Miami in Detroit as of late, having won 6 of the last 7 meetings. But D-Wade has been playing hella good ball the past several months or so. Should be a good one to watch.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:41 PM #85 of 546
Shaq ended up playing, but the Pistons won anyway. Detroit is still the team to beat in the East.

Amare's return is near:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Take it easy, young fella.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:43 AM #86 of 546
Man, the Heat can't win for losing. Shaq plays, then Alonzo gets hurts. If it's a torn calf muscle like it's being reported to be, he could be out for awhile. But yeah, the Pistons proove yet again why they are the class of the East.

Amare says that he's 80% sure he'll play tonight. I, personally, feel that they should just go ahead and shut him down for the rest of the season. The guy has a potential to be one of the best players in the league for a long time, you don't want to risk gettig him injured again. But, if he says he's ready, maybe he's ready.

Also, LeBron hit the first game-winning shot of his career against the Bobcats last night. So, congrats to him, I guess.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:18 PM #87 of 546
Good for Lebron. Here's to many more clutch baskets.

----

The man who used to make it Reign...
The man who used to soar so high he needed stitches after hitting his head on the rim...
The man who used to dunk so hard like whut...

The man who then stood at the buffet line too many times...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Timberwolf; Mar 23, 2006 at 01:26 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:06 PM #88 of 546
Shawn Kemp used to be one of the most dazzling dunkers in the game. He and Gary Payton made a very formidable tandem. But, after that great run, he really let himself go. He was a totally different person. Good for him that he's trying to make a comeback. He might be a nice role player for some team.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:15 PM #89 of 546
Yeah, he came back from that '98'99 Lockout Season completely out of shape. He ballooned to 325lb. Amazingly, because his legs were so strong, he could still dunk. But he couldn't fly like he used to.

And the Reignman used to FLY. Those aerial assaults to the rim were insane. People used to get knocked down.

Lister Blister, anyone.

Shawn Kemp is one of the greatest in-traffic dunkers of all time. He would dunk on people. Over people. Around people. And through people.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:44 PM #90 of 546
Holy shit, man! Look at his hand. It's almost at the top of the damn backboard. I swear, the throwback Kemp took the word "hops" to a whole new level. Human Hightight Film v2.0, for real.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 02:49 PM #91 of 546
I'm gonna upload some Reignman highlight videos to you later. The guy was just a damn beast. I found that photo a long time ago, and I stared at it for the longest time in disbelief.

On a slightly different, but no less spectacular, note:

OH MAH GOODNESS.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6hYoq3...llen%20iverson

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:27 PM #92 of 546
Shawn Kemp is one of the greatest in-traffic dunkers of all time. He would dunk on people. Over people. Around people. And through people.
With that and the possiblity of Amare's return tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing Amare's one move: charge through anything to the rim and dunk. I guess it's okay for him to come back to get back in game shape as the playoffs near. I'm curious about the effects on fantasy leagues as his returns suddenly puts a should've-been first round pick on someone's roster.

waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:32 PM #93 of 546
I guess that's why Phoenix is okay with him coming back right now, so that he can get himself in shape to do damage in the Playoffs.

Amare is a great, strong player. His dunks are powerful, but he has no hangtime. He plows through people on the floor before he elevates.

Shawn Kemp plowed through people in midair...

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 10:41 PM #94 of 546
Holy crap, the Suns rocked the living shit out of the Jailblazers [in offense, anyway]. I don't think Portland had an clue what they were getting into. Yeah, Amare's a monster again. 76 points in the first half. Wow.

waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 09:55 AM #95 of 546
Very nice first game back for Amare. 20 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks in just 19 minutes of play.

The Dallas-Golden State game was something. J-Rich's shot was awesome.

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:49 PM #96 of 546
On a slightly different, but no less spectacular, note:

OH MAH GOODNESS.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6hYoq3...llen%20iverson
As Stuart Scott would say: "I ain't gonna say nothing, but that ain't right." That crossoever was just plain sick.

Big ups to Amare for coming in and making an impact right off the bat. ... What injury!!?

Yeah, that Warriors-Mavericks game was tight. Jason Richardson's shot was hot, so was Derek Fisher's, even though they didn't count it.

Last edited by bishop743; Mar 24, 2006 at 12:58 PM.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:20 PM #97 of 546
As Stuart Scott would say: "I ain't gonna say nothing, but that ain't right." That crossoever was just plain sick.

Ohhh yeah. I mean, AI made Daniels fall TWICE on that sequence. And Antonio Daniels is no pushover.

:: sizes him up ::

:: crosses ::

:: Daniels falls ::

:: hesitation -- crosses again ::

:: Daniels falls some more ::

:: layup ::

Okay, here's that Shawn Kemp mix I promised:

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...8134E40HRXP8IA

SONIC BOOM.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:42 AM #98 of 546
That Shawn Kemp mix was the hotness. It really sucks to see what he became after that.

Looking at the Western Conference right now, it's gonna be a dogfight for those 7 and 8 spots. The Lakers and Kings have them at the moment, respectfully, but New Oreleans and Utah are right on their necks. Gonna be interesting to see who gets in and who gets left out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 03:48 PM #99 of 546
Shawn Kemp is beast.

As for the West, I would prefer the Lakers not be in the playoffs. I'm all for the Hornets and the Jazz (and the Kings) so I'd like any of them to go.

waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 09:42 PM #100 of 546
I'm watching the Nuggets-Suns game right now. It's a tight one so far.

As for the Lakers, they don't have that great of a shot making the Playoffs, considering their remaining schedule: They still have to play Phoenix twice; New Orleans/Oklahoma City twice; San Antonio once; Denver once; and LA Clippers once.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The 2005-2006 NBA Season Discussion Thread