Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Spider-Man 3

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:41 AM #26 of 390
I hope the score isn't awful since Elfman won't be involved.

I like how the Spider-Man theme is better than Superman or Batman.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:40 PM #27 of 390
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
And uh, what did they pull off from Batman Returns to Forever?
Well that ending with the Catwoman left the possibility of her reappearing in the third film but once Forever was made there no mention of Selina at all.

Originally Posted by Megalith

Hmmm, I would think the Spider-Man theme is the weakest of the three. :eyebrow:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 03:16 PM #28 of 390
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
Well that ending with the Catwoman left the possibility of her reappearing in the third film but once Forever was made there no mention of Selina at all.

Hmmm, I would think the Spider-Man theme is the weakest of the three. :eyebrow:
Honestly, I won't see this shit if they're stupid enough to drop the GG thing. That's the best part about the movies (and one of my fav stories in the comics, escpecially before they ressurected Norman).

- WraithTwo -

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:39 PM #29 of 390
I remember when that Star Wars Episode III poster came out; people talking about how there were 900 hidden images of Darth Vader + Waldo if you looked hard enough. I never saw that shit.

CG human animation always sucks, unless it's Terminator 2 in which case somehow it's timeless.

CG bums me out. It's so overused these days, I wonder if we'll just replace actors with CG models. That was the plan they had for Aki from the Final Fantasy movie. I don't think it was a dumb idea, it was just ahead of its time and of course the unsuccess of Final Fantasy contributed to the general fuckno response.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 03:46 PM #30 of 390
Originally Posted by Legato
CG human animation always sucks, unless it's Terminator 2 in which case somehow it's timeless.

CG bums me out. It's so overused these days...

WraithTwo was talking about GG as in Green Goblin.

WraithTwo, and yeah I agree. They totally set this 3rd movie up for Harry to become GG and fight Peter, but now all this crazy talk about venom and junk. Also they went through the trouble of establishing Dr. Conors (mentioned him in the first and showed him in the 2nd) you'd think that they'd use that and have him fight the Lizard as a secondary villian.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 03:51 PM #31 of 390
They better make this one a good one. In my opinon the first Spiderman was better then the second.

FELIPE NO
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:54 PM #32 of 390
The problem with the Lizard is that he would be yet another "fatherly figure that goes bad" character.

Gotta change it up a bit. The Lizard costume would probably look great though.

I actually just finished watching Spider-Man 2 again. The DTS soundmix is out of this world.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:11 PM #33 of 390

Make up your mind

How ya doing, buddy?
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:17 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:17 PM #34 of 390
Originally Posted by LeHah
Make up your mind
I think he did. He clearly like Elfman's score and prefers it to Batmans and Supermans.

- WraithTwo -

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:18 PM #35 of 390
Originally Posted by WraithTwo
I think he did. He clearly like Elfman's score and prefers it to Batmans and Supermans.

- WraithTwo -
REREAD WHAT HE WROTE, FUCKTARD

The score by Danny Elfman was awful - but the theme is great? ISN'T THE THEME PART OF THE SCORE?

BOTH OF YOU: STOP BEING STUPID ON MY INTERNET

Most amazing jew boots
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:12 PM #36 of 390
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
WraithTwo was talking about GG as in Green Goblin.

WraithTwo, and yeah I agree. They totally set this 3rd movie up for Harry to become GG and fight Peter, but now all this crazy talk about venom and junk. Also they went through the trouble of establishing Dr. Conors (mentioned him in the first and showed him in the 2nd) you'd think that they'd use that and have him fight the Lizard as a secondary villian.
They haven't established Dr. Connors at all though. He had bit parts in both movies. What amounts to a cameo appearance does not mean he deserves a shot in the sequal.

John Jameson was in the second one. So Spidey should fight Man-Wolf?
Dr.Mendell Stromm was in the first. Should he fight The Robot Master?
Hell, they even made mention of Brock in the first one. Venom hasn't shown up yet.

Personally I hope to god this Venom nonsense is bogus. I have a deep hatred of that character and the popularity that he does not deserve. They may as well have named him Spider-Man XtReMe.

How ya doing, buddy?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:27 PM #37 of 390
REREAD WHAT HE WROTE, FUCKTARD

The score by Danny Elfman was awful - but the theme is great? ISN'T THE THEME PART OF THE SCORE?

If you would pay attention to what he said, he never contradicted himself. The wording is akward, but all he was saying is that he hopes the score doesn't suck now that Elfman isn't working on it.

- WraithTwo -

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:42 PM #38 of 390
Originally Posted by WraithTwo
...all he was saying is that he hopes the score doesn't suck now that Elfman isn't working on it.
Do you go to a fucking "English As A Second Language" class or something? Are you on fucking medication or were you born this fucking stupid. Where do you get that when he said

You are stupid. Stop making my internet stupid. Fucking stupid cumguzzling fucktardenstein. Stop posting already.

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:51 PM #39 of 390
Do you go to a fucking "English As A Second Language" class or something? Are you on fucking medication or were you born this fucking stupid. Where do you get that when he said

You are stupid. Stop making my internet stupid. Fucking stupid cumguzzling fucktardenstein. Stop posting already.
Dude, fucking read the sentence yourself before you post about it.

Good day,
- WraithTwo -

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:04 PM #40 of 390
Spider-Man 2 was a vastly superior movie to the first one, much like X2 was a superior to the first one of that series. If they make a movie with three villains, it will only become cluttered. I honestly hope they don't put Venom in the movie. Spidey already has an archfoe in this movie... assuming they do it correctly. Why does he need two? No, I think it would just be fine with a lesser villain (like Sandman, Vulture, etc.) along with the Green Goblin. Even putting the black suit on Spidey might still make it a little too cluttered, but I guess it would have to depend on the execution.

How ya doing, buddy?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:23 PM #41 of 390
I don't know how far they plan to evolve the film franchise, but I want to see a rendition of Maximum Carnage, in which Spider-Man and Venom have to team up against Carnage. There's actually a rumor that there will be a cameo of Kletus Cassidy in the third film.

I love Spider-Man, but the problem is that the comic has the stupidest villains I've ever seen in the entire universe. Who the hell cares about fishbowl head and bird man. Spider-Man should just stay home and watch TV.

Sandman is also going to seem weird, since the first two villains were still grounded in reality. I mean, we have a guy turning into sand now. What.

And leaving Venom at the very end ain't a bad idea. Spider-Man could rely on the symbiote to defeat Sandman, until it starts to take him over near the very end of the movie. The problem is introducing Sandman and his origin, as well as how the symbiote lands on Earth, and Brock's drama with Peter as well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:37 PM #42 of 390
Yeah, if they really include all this shit, the movies either gonna be 4 hours or far too cluttered to be any good (or a combination/comprimise of the two). Honestly, fuck Venom. That shit's probably gonna be butchered unless they focus an entire movie on it, and have some leadup from a previous one. Just wrap up the Osborne story instead of starting another arc that is equally large in size.

- WraithTwo -

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:14 AM #43 of 390
I don't know how far they plan to evolve the film franchise, but I want to see a rendition of Maximum Carnage, in which Spider-Man and Venom have to team up against Carnage. There's actually a rumor that there will be a cameo of Kletus Cassidy in the third film.
Three movie deal. Sam Raimi, Toby and Kirsten have been adament they will not return if there is a fourth movie.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:32 PM #44 of 390
From what I've seen, the score will be written by Christopher Young. Considering that, according to Elfman, Raimi went temp-track-mad in Spider-Man 2 (tracking in the first score and some Hellraiser cues, and making Elfman swear he would never work with Raimi again), and considering that Young rewrote the train sequence in Spider-Man 2 using Elfman's theme, it seems likely that the theme will return.

Whether it'll be a Harry Potter 4 (where just the theme was retained) or Superman 2 (where the entire score for the first movie was besically just cut up and resequenced) is anyone's guess. I'm personally cuatiously optomistic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:05 PM #45 of 390
Three movie deal. Sam Raimi, Toby and Kirsten have been adament they will not return if there is a fourth movie.

I'd like to see a source for that info cause I've got it somewhat differently.

http://comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/1918.asp

Check out the link to the vid with Sam Raimi where he states that he thinks that there will be 6 films and that if he feels as passionate about the characters and the story that "there's no way they'd be able to keep me away from it."

As much money as they're making with these movies they'd be fools not to keep them going at least until the well dries up and people don't pay for it anymore. Sure movie making is about art and storytelling, but bottom line, it's a business.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:48 PM #46 of 390
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
As much money as they're making with these movies they'd be fools not to keep them going at least until the well dries up and people don't pay for it anymore. Sure movie making is about art and storytelling, but bottom line, it's a business.
Dunst said on Letterman that all three contracts are up after the third movie. Theres obviously a want to have them renew but Dunst is not especially interested (or didn't see that way) and the movies take a *lot* out of Toby (though I can see him wanting to do more if its Sam Raimi's movie)

I'm fairly certain that Raimi would like to move on though. Three movies is enough, if you ask me.

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:39 PM #47 of 390
Netsss, Internetsss, there's a 'S', it's plural.

Anyway, Toby might not want to do anymore spiderman movies but well made comic book movies are going to go a long way. Look at how many batman movies there are. Different Bruces but it's still on going.

FELIPE NO
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:45 PM #48 of 390
You mean comic book movies that make money.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:59 PM #49 of 390
I'm fairly certain that Raimi would like to move on though. Three movies is enough, if you ask me.
It didn't stop the Lucas.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:20 PM #50 of 390
Originally Posted by xiaowei
It didn't stop the Lucas.
Apples and oranges.

Originally Posted by George Lucas
I'm very concerned about our national heritage and I'm very concerned that the films I watched when I was young and the films I watched through out my life are preserved, so that my children can see them

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Spider-Man 3