Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Spider-Man 3

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:40 PM #1 of 390
Spider-Man 3

Can't believe a thread hasn't been made yet. Behold the Black Spidey!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/fe...ws.php?id=3892

So discuss all the Venom rumors, including the nonsense about Venom's face appearing if you reverse the eye and zoom in close. My stance on the whole thing is that I will not be satisfied if they do include Venom as only a last minute teaser of Spidey 4 (like what they did in Batman Begins). I don't want to wait another 4 years or so. They need to devote at least 20 minutes to a dramatic battle between Spidey and a fully revealed Venom.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:43 PM #2 of 390
Too bad it's Spider-Man 3, idiot.

Spider-Man isn't in the poster at all. It's Venom. Venom will simply be represented as an evil clone of Spider-Man for the third film, since a faithful duplicate of his comic incarnation would take 900 years of CG.

Sorry, I am correct.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:45 PM #3 of 390
I'm kinda iffy on the whole black costume deal. When I first saw the image, I thought it was an emo-fied image of Spidey until my friend informed me that it wasn't black-and-white.

I guess I'll have to wait for more images and the teaser trailer to make a call on it, though.

Have we gone back in time? Spider-Man 2?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:30 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 04:30 PM #4 of 390
Title fixed. Resume your important discussion.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:41 PM #5 of 390
I've seen this picture three times now and I still can't tell if that's truly a black costume, with the same silver-ish webbing on the costume, or if the picture is just really dark and shadowed. I mean, it is raining in the picture...

Most amazing jew boots
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:44 PM #6 of 390
Question

I'm weary about the scaling on that costume, those threads didn't appear in Spidey 2 even when zoomed in. :eyebrow:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:46 PM #7 of 390
I white spidey costume would be totally bitchin'.

FELIPE NO
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:47 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 06:47 PM #8 of 390
I'll just be pissed if they radically re-design the Venom suit (ie: no big white spider on the chest). Who knows, maybe it only looks different on Spidey, and when it's on Eddie it will be more like the comic.

I'm still pissed about using Topher Grace for Eddie Brock. It's Eric Foreman. Fuck. But I was hoping that they would hold off on Venom until SM4, building up the character more. But as long as they don't put more than one villain in the third movie (like rumors were saying, with Sandman or something) I'll be happy.

And if Venom has adequately spectacular CG, of course.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:48 PM #9 of 390
I still can't believe there might be more then one villain. I'm not a Spidey expert but from what I've seen, one arch foe has been enough to more then just mess with Peter Parker. Besides, Tobey Maguire is really getting on my nerves.

Baaah~
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:48 PM #10 of 390
Originally Posted by Megalith
Sorry, I am a fucking moron.
Corrected

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:21 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:21 PM #11 of 390
I'm going to say this once.

Sam Raimi has not confirmed that Topher Grace is playing Eddie Brock/Venom. It has not been confirmed that Venom is even in the film. Period.

Sony Pictures has said that the Spider-Man 3 teaser poster is not simply a black and white Spider-Man. It is the black costume. However, that still doesn't mean that Venom is in the movie. Remember, the black costume was around for 4 years before Venom came around. Before Spider-Man 1 even came out, Sam Raimi stated that he hated the character of Venom and that he wouldn't be appreaing in any of his movies.

That being said, it is a very very popular rumor. There is some evidence pointing towards this, but yet again, nothing official.

No official annoucement has been made on who Topher is playing. Until then, he could be Venom, he could be fucking Kraven for all we know.

Edit: Also that Q&A from AICN has no real source. For all we know it was a guy asking his neighbour who is going to be in Spider-Man 3.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky

Last edited by acid; Mar 2, 2006 at 08:27 PM.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:24 PM #12 of 390
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
I've seen this picture three times now and I still can't tell if that's truly a black costume, with the same silver-ish webbing on the costume, or if the picture is just really dark and shadowed. I mean, it is raining in the picture...

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

AICN also had this Q&A up which they supposebly received before the photo was released that delved into which villains will be showing up, the deal with Venom, who dies etc but then was "told" to remove it by Sony....

...Here it is though for anyone interested:
Spoiler:
Q1. Who are the villains and how much screentime does each one get?

A. Venom,Sandman, and GG2. Sandman is the main one, building up to venom at end. GG has a good amount,
though not sure how much time. He's in 2 major battles.

Q2.Does the GG look cool,how much green does he have on him, is his black snow suit have a black hood that covers the top of his head,do the belts on his legs hold pumpkin bombs,is his goggles yellow lens,does he wear gloves of any kind,and why does Harry go with this suit instead of the one his father used?

A. He looks cool as an individual idea. But again, nothing remotely goblin like about him except the weapons, glider and some green on him. No hood, the belts hold two swords. One long one on his back, a smaller one on his right leg. Pumpkins bombs are in his glider. Goggles are black. He has a green mouthmask. Gloves are black. No idea why. Possible to make it more to his liking, a way to "improve".

Q3.Does Venom fight in this movie or does he just show up as a cliffhanger?

A. Yes he fights. Again, he will fight Spidey with Sandman at the end, the movie leads up to this "battle royale" at the construction site. GG will also join in the fight, but not on the sides of Ven/San. GG fights with Spidey instead.

A.I've seen the costume of Venom (yes hes in it, but only towards the end) and its extremely cool. Think all black latex with veins all over his upper half, reaching over onto his arms. However the veins also shape into the Spider thats on his chest in the comics (no white). Venom will be a little larger than. spidey. Basically the bad version of spidey. Venom has nasty teeth, no where near exaggerated in the comics. Just really sharp yellow teeth, very fang like, it will be prosthetics. Tongue will be CG.

Q5.I'm kinda confused,does spidey wear the symbiote before Brock gets it?

A.Yes. After his date with MJ, the symbiote clings to his shoe and waits for Parker in his room one night. He then wakes up upside down on the side of a building wearing the symbiote costume.

Q6.If spidey does wear the symbiote,what does it look like exactly?

A.The same costume as blue/red only black with all the scale detail and webbing over it. Not impressive. It looks like this because it stuck onto his old costume then it clung on Peter.

Q7.And how long does he wear the suit?

A.For right now, a good chunk since the movie is about Peter and how the symbiote possesses him, and the decisions he has to make.

Q8.Who does he fight with it?

A.Sandman, robbers, and Harry

Q9.What makes him take it off?

A.Bell Tower.

Q10.What kind of things does Sandman do in this movie power wise?

Grows a lot. Sandstorms. Hand as a sledgehammer and mace. The FX will raise the bar.

Q11.Where do all the fights take place on/at?

A.All over. In the air/Alley, underground subway, armoured truck in the streets, construction site.

Q12.Is there a cliffhanger at the end of this movie?

A.Not currently. But there is one scene that leaves questions opened about the return of the symbiote.

Q13.Who does Bruce Campbell play?

A.He has a cameo as somebody named Quentin Beck.

Q14.Where does the symbiote come from?

A.An astroid.

Q15.Does spidey wear his regular red and blue spidey suit in the movie?

Yes. At the beginning and end of the movie.
Q16.Is S-M3 and S-M4 being made back to back?

A.Nope.

Q17.Is Venom going to be the villain for S-M4,or is S-M3 going to be it for him?

A.End of the line for Brocks version of Venom, but not the symbiote itself.

Q18.Are there lots of fights/action in this movie?

A.TONS. Four BIG fight sequences. All very fun, and clever. Wont be disappointed in that department. Be prepared for A LOT of fight sequences including a revisit to the subway fight sequence (only underground this time).

Q19. What is that church for?

A.The church sequence is used when Black Symbiote Spidey attempts to tear his suit off by the ringing of the church bell. Unknown to him that right under him in the church Brock is walking in where pieces of the symbiote land on him and then bond with him.

Q20. Do GG2 and Spidey ever face off?

A.Yes. I will mention one fight scene at the beginning of the movie in particular. Harry in full GG Glory first attacks peter, and tosses him into the side of the building. This also where they have a huge airal fight sequence leading to a chase into an alley where (yes as a previous plot spoiler had reported) Harry is knocked out and Peter saves him and brings him to a hospital.

Q21. How much screen time does Dr.Connors have,does he mention anything about lizard experiments?

A. Connors studies the symbiote sample. So we see the inside of his lab. A lot of Lizards references.

Q22.Who dies?
A. Harry and Aunt May.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:32 PM #13 of 390
Sorry, but I gotta call bullshit.

Why would they practically spell out the entire movie.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:46 PM #14 of 390
There's a more than just a TON of expectations heaped on Spidey 3. I can't see how Raimi's going to pull this off, but I'll definitely be watching this the day it's in theatres.

The black suit doesn't impress me much, just a way to get some free publicity, and build up hype.

I just hope they don't screw up the "look" of Venom, and give Bruce Campbell another memorable cameo.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:56 PM #15 of 390
Quote:
Title fixed. Resume your important discussion.
I typed Spider-Man 2? Damn. ><

Quote:
Sorry, I am speculating just like everyone else. I don't know shit.
Fixed.

Here's a cool fan-shopped image of the same pic.

I'm pretty sure Sandman won't be the main villain. I honestly always viewed Sandman as a B grade villain. The hired muscle, if you will. I think Sandman's screentime will only serve as a flashy opening, and nothing more. I can't really imagine a whole movie dedicated to him.

Even with Hobgoblin, I think there's enough time to develop Brock and the black costume. Near the end, Peter gets rid of the suit, and it bonds with Eddie. Then, just when you think the movie is nearing the end, an extra 20 minutes is added to have Spidey clash with a newly created Venom.

To me, the perfect way to introduce Venom would be his first encounter with MJ in the comics, where he's standing in the shadows, and she thinks it's Peter. But then a twisted smile forms around the black mask, and the hulking figure steps out of the shadows. "Hi, Honey...."

That would be so awesome.

FELIPE NO
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:00 AM #16 of 390
I found this in IMDB forums...It may clear some stuff...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:31 PM #17 of 390
Yeah.

You can even see Galactus fighting Silver Surfer if you squint hard enough.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:35 PM #18 of 390
i was hoping itd be more like the spider-man animated series(the neogenic nightmare..or was it symbiot-err fuck it)... but oh well. im looking forward to this anyway. i just hope Eric Foreman doesn't fuck up..this is one of those big films and i hope he does a great job as eddie brock.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:56 PM #19 of 390
So, uh, who isn't is/are the villain(s)?

I'm assuming Green Goblin will make a return (as it was kinda implied by the end of 2) and now I hear Sandman and Venom are in the movie. With the later being more of a rumor.

So, yea, could someone give a clear list as to who the new villain(s) is/are?

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:13 PM #20 of 390
Originally Posted by Hantei
So, uh, who isn't is/are the villain(s)?

I'm assuming Green Goblin will make a return (as it was kinda implied by the end of 2) and now I hear Sandman and Venom are in the movie. With the later being more of a rumor.

So, yea, could someone give a clear list as to who the new villain(s) is/are?
Sandman and Venom seem a given considering we've already seen a photo of Thomas Hayden Church as Flint Marko AKA Sandman and Spider-Man in the black suit pretty much confirms Venom showing up in some form or another.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:14 PM #21 of 390
The only confirmed villain is Sandman. The rest are rumored, including Venom, Electro, Green Goblin II, Hobgoblin, Vulture, and Mysterio. Oh, and Kraven too, I guess. It's either Hobgoblin and/or Venom.

I was speaking idiomatically.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:34 AM #22 of 390
GG2 has to be in Spider-Man 3 with the ending the gave us in the 2nd. Unless they plan on pulling off what was done from Batman Returns to Forever. :aargh:

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:39 AM #23 of 390
And uh, what did they pull off from Batman Returns to Forever?

Most amazing jew boots
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:02 AM #24 of 390

Most amazing jew boots
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:25 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:25 AM #25 of 390
Haha, I actually laughed out loud when reading that
Spoiler:
Bruce Campbell "should" play Quentin Beck.

I wouldn't mind if S-M3 played out like the spoiler above, but no matter what, I'm pretty sure that it's going to be good.
I for one liked Tobey's Peter Parker, for that matter, all the actors. They just seemed right in my book.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Spider-Man 3