Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Immigration Protests

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 11:08 PM #26 of 453
Originally Posted by gukarma
Here is the thing: the market is not in an incredible burden because of illegals right now. People could simply follow legistlation to allow these immigrants to BECOME legal. They'd bring tax revenue in then, and everything would be well.

BUT NOOOO. These are CRIMINALS. GOD FORBID you help a CRIMINAL even! YOU SHOULD GO TO JAIL!

You are just too fucking spiteful of a human being. Because of people like you I am moving out of this country.
First that isn't true, in Oregon they are a huge drain on the economy because they receive free healthcare along with a number of other public services they are NOT paying for.

Second, why do you reward someone for breaking our laws? It is like telling me that you will give me a reward for robing you everyday of your life! These people are STEALING our services illegally, and any sane person would see that rewarding them for breaking the law only encourages them to do it!

How ya doing, buddy?
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:10 PM #27 of 453
Quote:
I think the government needs to lock down the boarder with the use of the military. I'm sure if they were charged with the task of protecting their homeland they would do an outstanding job. I'm sure you would see drug flow through our board come to a complete stop.
I agree but i disagree with the mistreatment of the legals in this country. I mean imagine a cop stoping a mexican an he's like

Mexican:What's the problem officer
Officer: Oh nothing i just needed to see if you where legal since you looked mexican

You see my point. I agree i shouldn't have said that about whites, but it just bothers me when people don't care just because it doesn't effect them directly.

So by his point if he saw someone get murder he wouldn't care because it's not happening to him.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:11 PM #28 of 453
Quote:
Second, why do you reward someone for breaking our laws? It is like telling me that you will give me a reward for robing you everyday of your life! These people are STEALING our services illegally, and any sane person would see that rewarding them for breaking the law only encourages them to do it!
How would aiding them in become legal and STOP breaking the law be rewarding them?

Also, it's only HUMAN to help others. Are you human?

Plus, what do you want to do once all illegals are criminals? Go on a hunt for them? Start locking them up. Hell, why don't we even start prisons just for illegals!

We can call those places "concentration camps!"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 11:16 PM #29 of 453
Whatever the fuck happened to needing a warrant to search people and their belongings?

Oh right, it went out the window with this fucking douche of a president.

Guess it all makes sense.

No one would bring drugs over if there was no market for them in the US.

Plus, this confuses the issues: there are hard working people who want to embrace the American dream and help thrust this nation forward among the criminals that trespass the border.

I guess that doesn't matter.
You wanna know who the largest source of revuene for Mexico is? America! A large number of these people do not come here to be citizens, they come here to work and send the money back home to their family.

Quote:
I agree but i disagree with the mistreatment of the legals in this country. I mean imagine a cop stoping a mexican an he's like

Mexican:What's the problem officer
Officer: Oh nothing i just needed to see if you where legal since you looked mexican

You see my point. I agree i shouldn't have said that about whites, but it just bothers me when people don't care just because it doesn't effect them directly.

So by his point if he saw someone get murder he wouldn't care because it's not happening to him.
I don't agree with that, but the boarder is a huge security risk. However if they put out a reward system to encourage people to turn in those they know to be illegals, that might be a better solution rather than just stopping every mexican person they can.

gukarma: That is stupid. We already have a large number of people who are illegals in our prison system, which btw means they are on your tax dollars! I say just deport them back to mexico once the boarders are secured so they can't come back.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:18 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:18 PM #30 of 453
Whatever the fuck happened to needing a warrant to search people and their belongings? [/quote]

Going over the speed limit. Or driving. Or being black.

Quote:

I guess it depends on where you live. I am still in high school and I make $13 an hour, $20/hour on sundays.
Assuming I stayed on with the company, I could potentially be making up to 20 dollars an hour doing what I am right now. Which to me would be a pretty sweet amount of cash. Though, I'm well aware that the company is going down in the next 2 years (Chinese branch :'D) and that it really isn't any part of my long term goals to begin with.

Quote:
I don't need to make that argument, it is true.
But it isn't true. I just told you that you that they were members of established American aristocracies. Members of wealthy families that had been in America for generations. I don't believe any of them were actually immigrants, or at least, not the famous ones.

Quote:
BUT NOOOO. These are CRIMINALS. GOD FORBID you help a CRIMINAL even! YOU SHOULD GO TO JAIL!
Yes, God forbid I aid and abett. Are you even listening to yourself? If 12 million people commited arson, does that make it alright to shield them from the law?

Move then, we don't need your bullshit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:25 PM #31 of 453
Arson and a fight for survival by doing honest work are two very different things.

Comparing pulling people over for driving over the speed limit and pulling people over because they are Mexican is offensive.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:32 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:32 PM #32 of 453
And yet, it's the granted force that we provide Law Enforcement which allows them to "racially profile." I mean, honestly, who is going to stop them?

Quote:
Arson and a fight for survival by doing honest work are two very different things.
Yes, they are. Yet in both cases, what people are doing breaks the law. Simply because I do something with good intentions, does not mean that I am not breaking a law.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:36 PM #33 of 453
Originally Posted by Bradylama
And yet, it's the granted force that we provide Law Enforcement which allows them to "racially profile." I mean, honestly, who is going to stop them?
The people, of course.

I would.

Since when have cops been allowed to racially profile, anyway?

Quote:
Yes, they are. Yet in both cases, what people are doing breaks the law. Simply because I do something with good intentions, does not mean that I am not breaking a law.
It is so. However, immigration reform could be aimed towards legalizing current illegal immigrants and embracing those who want to pursue citizenship, while eventually deporting the ones who don't want to be Americans.

It's too righteous, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:40 PM #34 of 453
Quote:
The people, of course.

I would.
How? How would you know that the police pulled you over because you looked like a wetback? How can you prove it? This is a dilemma faced by a lot of people, which is why police have been "allowed" to racially profile since there has been a police. They do it, because they can get away with it.

Quote:
It is so. However, immigration reform could be aimed towards legalizing current illegal immigrants and embracing those who want to pursue citizenship, while eventually deporting the ones who don't want to be Americans.
Yet, if they wanted to be American citizens, why enter the country illegally? It's clear, then, that illegals don't want to be Americans. They just want to live in our country, benefit from our job markets, and not pay taxes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:42 PM #35 of 453
Quote:
How? How would you know that the police pulled you over because you looked like a wetback? How can you prove it? This is a dilemma faced by a lot of people, which is why police have been "allowed" to racially profile since there has been a police. They do it, because they can get away with it.
Well it's diffrent here because they hide the fact that they are racial profiling, but with this new law they don't have to do that.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:43 PM #36 of 453
So, what difference does it make?

insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:45 PM #37 of 453
I like to see them do an effort

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:46 PM #38 of 453
Heh. Getting back to technicalities, as well, the new law doesn't exactly sanction the act of Racial Profiling. It's just that reality dictates that it's impossible for them not to.

insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:51 PM #39 of 453
Hey what about children they didn't want to come so why give them a felony on their record. Or those that are 20 years old, but where brought to this country illegaly. They didn't want to come illegally now their stuck. Imagine deporting them to a country they know nothing of.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:55 PM #40 of 453
And how does a felony for a child affect their status in a country that they aren't a citizen of?

Are children even being prosecuted for this? How can you prosecute someone who isn't legally considered capable of offfering consent? I think the same problem applies to your slave trade example. Are Asian, or Russian sex slaves considered felons because they were kidnapped and shipped on a trawler to America?

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 05:04 PM #41 of 453
Originally Posted by Bradylama

Yet, if they wanted to be American citizens, why enter the country illegally? It's clear, then, that illegals don't want to be Americans. They just want to live in our country, benefit from our job markets, and not pay taxes.
That is not trued. By AOS(i485), only 50,000 people are allowed to come to the US every year.

It takes a hell of a long time to come here legally.

I know a lot of illegals are good people, and they only break the law because they need to to survive.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 05:05 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 12:05 AM #42 of 453
More excuses, gukarma. I don't care why they did it, the simple fact is they broke the law. If they want to be here they need to obey our laws or GTFO.

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:01 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 06:01 PM #43 of 453
Quote:
What difference does that make? If they really wanted to be American citizens, they'd go through the process regardless of how long it took. But they don't and they seek to circumvent the system by demanding things of our government when they have shown blatant disrespect to that government's laws.

These people are criminals, nothing more, nothing less.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 04:06 PM #44 of 453

It's too righteous, though.
There will be no meaningful immigration reform. The status quo won't be changed. We could make illegal immigrants felons... then we're required to lock them up and feed them. Which is a bigger waste of tax money. We already try to stop them crossing, but they just keep trying. Militarizing our border would overstretch our already thinning military resources.

Using them as wage-slave labor seems to work the best. It's almost as good as the old days with real slavery.

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:11 PM #45 of 453
Originally Posted by Night Phoenix
What difference does that make? If they really wanted to be American citizens, they'd go through the process regardless of how long it took. But they don't and they seek to circumvent the system by demanding things of our government when they have shown blatant disrespect to that government's laws.

These people are criminals, nothing more, nothing less.
Ok dude. Whatever.

Blah blah. I am a pussy liberal I guess.

Originally Posted by Gumby
More excuses, gukarma. I don't care why they did it, the simple fact is they broke the law. If they want to be here they need to obey our laws or GTFO.
They do obey our laws... Ah fuck it.

How old are you?

Last edited by Marco; Mar 28, 2006 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:14 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 06:14 PM #46 of 453
Quote:
They do obey our laws
Y'know, except the ones about entering and working in the country illegally.

Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 05:00 PM #47 of 453
Gukarma, I think you're being too unrealistic about the situation. Yes it sucks that these people aren't well off, but that doesn't give them the right to break the law. If you break the law, you pay the consequences. If I need to eat to survive and I steal someone's food, it's still wrong. Imposing on other people because of your own misfortune is pretty damn selfish and SHOULD be looked down upon.

FELIPE NO
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:14 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 05:14 PM #48 of 453
I'm pretty divided in the issue. I can see intellectually why the laws need to be in place, but it makes me pretty sick to my stomach when I have to defend douchebag upper-middle class white-conservative fucks holding signs that say, "Go back to your own home country, dirty wetback!"

I mean, I can almost understand where gukarma is coming from.

Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:19 AM #49 of 453
The cops aren't going to pull people over because they look Mexican. There is usually plenty of probable cause available, and when the person pulled over has no I.D. except the one from Mexico or Guatamala, then they can further inquire as to immigration status. As it is now, police don't bother bringing in known illegals because the feds won't come and get them.

Most lefties have no idea of the true cost of these ILLEGAL aliens. Car insurance is much higher because these folks don't get insurance, let alone driver licenses. Health care costs are through the roof, or haven't you noticed? Hospitals are going out of business on the border because they are swamped with non paying illegals. The criminal justice system is overwhelmed by the massive influx of criminal illegals, let alone the DWI's and other misdemeanor crimes. School systems are buckling under the weight of all the illegals being educated on the government dime. Ranchers have their fences cut, allowing their cattle to escape. Their ranches are trashed, their land turned into latrines. Ohh, but the poor immigrant, they just want to come to work. So do billions of Chinese, but they don't have the advantage of an open border with the U.S. Why not just let them in too...or are you an anti Asian racist???

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 11:40 PM #50 of 453
That is not trued. By AOS(i485), only 50,000 people are allowed to come to the US every year.

I know a lot of illegals are good people, and they only break the law because they need to to survive.
I'm poor with no where to live and it will take years to save up for a house. I should be able to go break into one and live in it god dammit.

I'm a good person really. I just want to survive. So it's okay for me to break the law. :D

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > The Immigration Protests