Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Transformers Movie (07-04-07)

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 02:03 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 03:03 PM #101 of 366
I figured it was a model they would use for reference when doing the CGI (It's not like they built actual full scale working robots for the film). I like the Alternators line, so this isn't a bad start.

I was speaking idiomatically.

[ MOBIUS ]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:51 AM #102 of 366

I like how the flames on his truck will represent the flames that will occur throughout the world wide web.

Optimus is not "hip", okay. He's a by-the-books leader. That's what makes him cool. Not a stupid decal.

I'm mixed on this.

Most amazing jew boots
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:30 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 04:30 AM #103 of 366
Your image is gone. I'll give you 1 guess why. Please host image on imageshack (the image was removed from Aintitcool by Paramount) and then post it here in spoiler tags (so Paramount can't find us!).

How ya doing, buddy?

[ MOBIUS ]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:38 AM #104 of 366
They worked faster than I thought. If it turns up again, I'll be sure to host it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:43 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 04:43 AM #105 of 366
You didn't save it? "You're an idiot Starscream!" Always SAVE leaked TF pictures to your HD ASAP!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[ MOBIUS ]
Stoob
Tra le la de da snort snort

Member 4001

Level 7.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:49 AM #106 of 366
I saw the trailer for this movie the night I went to see Pirates of the Carribbean. The teaser looked absolutely excellent, and the entire audience was on the edge of collective its seat, right to where the deceptacon slashed at the Mars rover as the announcer told us "This was the only warning we ever got."

Immediately afterwards, the transformers logo flashed proudly acrossed the screen. The theatre ERUPTED (phoosh!) With laughter.

That's the thing about this movie, it's going to have a hard time being taken seriously, but it could really go either way.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Can I have a dollar?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 05:51 AM #107 of 366
Originally Posted by Mobius One
You didn't save it? "You're an idiot Starscream!" Always SAVE leaked TF pictures to your HD ASAP!
Luckily I did.
Spoiler:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:48 AM #108 of 366
Fails for trying to look badass but isn't. I don't accept anything but fire-engine red. And maybe some blue.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:40 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 07:40 PM #109 of 366
Yeah... things really aren't pretty at all now at the Transformers forums

It's been announced that Bay should be making a response to this leaked picture soon......... So we're waiting......... But fuck, there's not a whole lot that he can say... How does intend to spin THIS bullshit ;_____________;

Massively heartbroken doesn't even begin to cover this.

Most amazing jew boots
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:15 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 06:15 AM #110 of 366
That can't be Prime, especially when there's this:

(Why go to the trouble of perfectly replicating G1 Prime in full scale and not even use it?)

Everyone knows that G1 Prime is a red flatnose semi, and nothing else. Since this movie is supposed to be G1, then that can't be Prime. Either it's some other Transformer, or its not even from the movie. It could be part of some disinformation campaign to throw us off.

The USAF has posted a video on the set:

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/av/main.html?showid=1229

Did he say it takes place in the middle east?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

[ MOBIUS ]

Last edited by Mobius One; Jul 13, 2006 at 05:27 AM.
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:50 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 08:50 PM #111 of 366
The movie follows a few different story lines all at once from the perspective of humans

One is the story of Sam / Spike taking place in a small/medium town.

Another will revolve around a troop unit in the middle east and their first encounter with decepticons there (namely Scorponok)

Another will focus on "Project Iceman"... An accidental discovery of a Transformer/Decepticon (?Possible megatron) frozen in ice somewhere in the Arctic circle.

And finally, there is one that focuses on the government and government code-breakers trying to either decipher a garbled message, or possible an extension of the Project Iceman story. Somewhere this will also include the secretary of state (Jon Voight)

As the story progresses, their invidiual story arcs will converge into one for the finale.

So, yeah, based on that premise, it sounds like a well-written scripts... Just too bad it seems like it's being cheapened unecessarily.

Anyway, I'll let you know what Bay says when he finally emerges

Oh... and that flatnose truck was taken at the Comic-Con a year ago, before the movie was officially greenlit, and before Bay was officially brought on board ;____; It seems things have changed drastically since. The movie is becoming less and less G1... or indeed less and less Transformers

Right now, it looks like the movie will be a good movie about robots that transform.... However, it probably won't be a good Transformers movie ;_____;

FELIPE NO

Last edited by DukeBox; Jul 13, 2006 at 05:53 AM.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 01:13 PM #112 of 366
Originally Posted by Mobius One
Everyone knows that G1 Prime is a red flatnose semi, and nothing else. Since this movie is supposed to be G1, then that can't be Prime. Either it's some other Transformer, or its not even from the movie. It could be part of some disinformation campaign to throw us off.

Isn't there supposed to be an iPod and 360 in the movie? I don't think they're trying to replicate G1 as much as they're trying to update it. That might include making a more "zomg badass" Prime.

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 04:18 PM #113 of 366
I'm not so sure AICN is all that credible what with telling us that picture is Prime. I'm going to live in denial until it's official, after which I will disown the movie. It should be more like this:

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[ MOBIUS ]
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:47 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:47 AM #114 of 366
While Bay hasnt himself appeared yet, the long-nose truck portion of it has definitely been confirmed... And the flames will be appearing in some context. No idea what. Let's just hope that this is only on the vehicle that Prime scans, and that he at least retains his G1 colour scheme

Quote:
Nelson (MichaelBay.com Administrator) Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:54 am

Spoke to Bay this morning...

...as I said, he will post later on later regarding the designs (when I say later it could mean tonight or in a couple of days).

Among some of the stuff:

-They (Bay & Co.) are commited to maintaining total secrecy about this project until it hits the screen. We spoke of how there was no surprise factor to Peter Jackson's King Kong. You knew the whole movie ahead of time. There are some in the team who believe the audience's first peak of the robots in their normal mode should be when they sit down to watch the movie in the theater (in other words, no sneak peak of them in their normal mode in the trailers).

-Bay & crew are well aware of sites putting out BS info in orded to elicit a response from Bay & Co.

-The reasons why they went with a huge long nose truck for OP (BTW, regarding the flames, there is a context for them like Orci pointed out). Bay said they did test with flat noses (FN) for scale purposes, and the FN would only be about 20 to 25 feet tall, so they went with the biggest truck they could find: the Peterbilt. We're talking 40 to 50 foot tall robots here. The physics for these robots have to be real...aka no magically disappearing parts. Also, OP is going to have much more red than what was shown in the supposedly "leaked" photo.

-Regarding the designers... all I can say is he said they all had to be fans of the show in order to get their jobs.

-Regarding the Ludacris rumor...no, he does not have a part in TF.
I can handle the long-nose Prime... I don't necessarily like it, but I can deal with it.... But the Flames are just pointless, and if anything detract from Prime's character

Anyway, still waiting on Bay... I'm getting tired of waiting, and fed-up with feeling disappointed

Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 08:15 PM #115 of 366
I wouldn't doubt they're keeping total secrecy as to not disappoint the fans before they sit down in their seats.

Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 09:02 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 08:02 PM #116 of 366
I fucking hate this thread.

All I see is whining over the fact that Optimus Prime isn't the same truck as he was in the original series. Throw in a buch of waah over the fact that it doesn't exactly replicate a television show made for children. Who the fuck cares? It's a movie. It's supposed to be an alternate interpretation of Transformers. If I wanted fucking G1, I would buy the season DVDs.

Quote:
(Why go to the trouble of perfectly replicating G1 Prime in full scale and not even use it?)
Are you blind, or something? That's isn't "perfectly replicating G1 Prime", nor was it anything more than an advertisement.

Quote:
Everyone knows that G1 Prime is a red flatnose semi, and nothing else.
Everyone knows you're a shitstain and nothing else.
http://www.tfu.info/1991/Cybertron/S...starconvoy.htm
http://www.tfu.info/1994/Autobot/Opt...timusprime.htm
http://www.tfu.info/1995/Autobot/Opt...timusprime.htm
http://www.tfu.info/1995/Autobot/Opt...timusprime.htm
http://www.tfu.info/1997/Autobot/Opt...timusprime.htm
http://www.tfu.info/2004/Autobot/Spy...timusprime.htm
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...2B14A6033C14A1

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:04 PM #117 of 366
Originally Posted by Interrobang
Great. Another smart-ass ignorant motherfucker who thinks he knows everything. Well then your solution is simple... Don't post in it dickwad

Quote:
Who the fuck cares? It's a movie. It's supposed to be an alternate interpretation of Transformers. If I wanted fucking G1, I would buy the season DVDs.
[Luthor]WRONG!![/Luthor] The entire premise behind making this movie was to make it G1-based. Look at the character line-up. Read the original announcements by the people involved (e.g. Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Steven Spielberg, John Rogers, Robert Orci, Alex Krutzman) way back in 2004. The script was written as an adaptation of the G1 story-line. NOT Beast Wars/Beast Machines, NOT RiD, NOT A/E/C. Idiot.

Oh great, so he finds the more obscure toy versions of Prime and posts them up, and he thinks he knows something. Seriously what neanderthalic cave did YOU crawl from? Did these versions have massively popular cartoon series that they were in, which appealed to generations over two decades? (Answer: No... btw... just in case you still don't get it)

In taking a pre-existing franchise and adapting it to cinema, the tried and tested successful method involves finding what worked in the original franchise to make the series popular, what aspects were the heart and soul of the piece, and then taking those elements and using them to build a faithful adaptation. Yes, changes are necessary, and so long as they are done in good taste there are no problems. However, when you have changes that are made to the detriment of the core of the franchise (in this case, anti-characterstic flame design on Prime, which is totally contradictory to his personality), then problems are encountered.

More examples? X-men had many changes. The suits were thankfully changed. However, the main characters retained their basic characteristics and overall look. In contrast, Catwoman shit all over the franchise. A complete change in costume and character that looked awful, a poorly written script that was the chaotic product of too many scriptwriters being involved... A script which had no real common link back to source material. Which one succeeded and which one failed? >___>;

Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 09:37 PM #118 of 366
Originally Posted by DukeBox
Great. Another smart-ass ignorant motherfucker who thinks he knows everything.
As opposed to whining about a motherfucking truck?

Quote:
The entire premise behind making this movie was to make it G1-based.
G1-based. Not G1. Watch your shitty cartoon if you want G1.

Quote:
Oh great, so he finds the more obscure toy versions of Prime and posts them up, and he thinks he knows something. Seriously what neanderthalic cave did YOU crawl from? Did these versions have massively popular cartoon series that they were in, which appealed to generations over two decades? (Answer: No... btw... just in case you still don't get it)
Why do you Media Centre shitstains always have to bring up irrelevant shit? The point is that the character of Optimus Prime can be adapted to something other than "flat-nosed red truck", and has been. "Neanderthalic cave"? Who fuck are you trying to impress?

Lawl at "appealed to generations over two decades". No. It's just the same robot fags that haven't grown up. When I was young, kids cared about Optimus Primal. Kids now care about Armada, Energon, and Cybertron's Optimus Prime, not some guy from a shitty '80s cartoon.

Quote:
IT'S A FUCKING TRUCK.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:59 PM #119 of 366
The point is that the character of Optimus Prime can be adapted to something other than "flat-nosed red truck", and has been.

IT'S A FUCKING TRUCK.
No shit captain obvious... And if you actually bothered to read the fan response to the alt-mode for Prime before opening the maw of stupidity that is your mouth, you'd find that most fans DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LONG-NOSE! Yes, they'd PREFER flat-nose, but we understand the need for the longer nose. Hell, considering there was rumour of him being a Firetruck in this film, we're a little relieved on that point.

The actual PROBLEM here (and listen very carefully, sparky, so that you don't make more of an ass of yourself than you already have) are the motherfucking FLAMES. On a decepticon whose character is arrogant and hotheaded, these flames would look great. However, they don't suit Prime at all, and are completely contradictory to his character and leadership style (no matter WHICH arm of the Transformers you franchise you look at, old or new).

FELIPE NO
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:35 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 10:35 PM #120 of 366
You're still overreacting on the basis of your preconceived notions of a fictional character in a '80s cartoon. It's a piece of fiction that you and a mass of thirty-year-old children are getting too personal with. While we're on this point, the "THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS" shit doesn't work on me because the great majority of them are fucking retards who still haven't gotten over the fact that Transformers is primarily for children. You can't really expect me to give a shit about their opinion.

The insults don't work if you're trying too hard, by the way. "Maw of stupidity that is your mouth" No.

Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:43 PM #121 of 366
Quote:

All I see is whining over the fact that Optimus Prime isn't the same truck as he was in the original series. Throw in a buch of waah over the fact that it doesn't exactly replicate a television show made for children. Who the fuck cares? It's a movie. It's supposed to be an alternate interpretation of Transformers. If I wanted fucking G1, I would buy the season DVDs.
how do i shot be a bigger baby than those complaining. Who would've thought fans would complain about the minor changes Hollywood makes? I mean, this has to be the first time this have ever happened. Ever. Whether the changes are good or not is completely irrelevant at this point. Since, well, you know, this is fans discussing things fans care about. Opinions might eventually change, but probably not right now. So let the complainers complain.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Vampiro; Jul 14, 2006 at 11:46 PM.
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:18 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 11:18 PM #122 of 366
I'm not sure how the presence of previous retarded whining makes the whining over flames on a truck any less retarded.

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:21 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 03:21 PM #123 of 366
You're still overreacting on the basis of your preconceived notions of a fictional character in a '80s cartoon. It's a piece of fiction that you and a mass of thirty-year-old children are getting too personal with. While we're on this point, the "THE FANS THE FANS THE FANS" shit doesn't work on me because the great majority of them are fucking retards who still haven't gotten over the fact that Transformers is primarily for children. You can't really expect me to give a shit about their opinion.

The insults don't work if you're trying too hard, by the way. "Maw of stupidity that is your mouth" No.
So in essence you are:
A) Trolling
B) Too stupid to comprehend anything but low-brow insults
C) Too thick-skulled to listen to what people are actually saying, but instead clouded by your overriding ignorant stereotype and perceptions.

I would point out once again that you're an ass, but you're already doing a good enough job on your own.

Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 11:33 PM #124 of 366
Is that really the best you can do? "u dum troll bigot!" =/

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 03:48 PM #125 of 366
It's called making an observation.

You came here armed with nothing but your stereotypical dogmatic view of a what a "fanboy" is, and an oversized ego, and decided to start by hurling abuse. In your eyes there exist only two extremes - The general public and the thirty-something fanboy purists who live in their mother's basement. You consistently show that your goal is forum-bash. Your arguements consist of returning back to your dogmatic perception of the fanboy rather than face the reality of what is being said.

Hence, A), B), and C) above. *shrugs*

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Transformers Movie (07-04-07)