Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2012, 08:51 PM #151 of 352
So, are any of y'all watching Girls? Well stop only using your HBO for Game of Thrones and watch this funny shit.

FELIPE NO
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2012, 05:24 PM Local time: May 17, 2012, 11:24 PM #152 of 352
Watched Red State the other day. I liked it, although it's a bit odd. I probably found it funnier than Kevin Smith intended.

Also getting into The Walking Dead although it's a bit predictable.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2012, 04:18 AM Local time: May 21, 2012, 09:18 AM 1 #153 of 352
We somehow managed to miss all the bad reviews and ended up watching Skyline the other night. Occasional moment that was so stupid we laughed but mostly just a bunch of dickholes you don't care about being attacked by a massive War of the Worlds rip off. That's time I won't get back

We've also been on a war film kick of late.
Jarhead I'd seen but not really paid attention to first time round. I got more out of it this time though.
Green Zone annoyed me to be honest and I can't figure out why. I think because it felt like a Bourne film (for more reasons than the lead character - some of the same crew members wasn't it?) which seemed completely inappropriate for the subject matter even though that was questionable anyway. Couldn't hold my attention much either.
And finally The Hurt Locker. Definitely my favourite of those three. It reminds me of The Wrestler a bit in narrative terms. Very compelling and tense as fuck.

And last night we watched Source Code. The guy who lent it to us said it was very confusing, which I think is tantamount to calling Inception confusing in that it's not if you pay attention.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2012, 07:46 AM #154 of 352
Drive (2011) - Not a bad little flick but Gosling was out of his element. He wasn't bad but the whole "I'm so pretty I should be bringing grandma a fruit basket after swing choir" thing and then turning it around to beat people with hammers doesn't work. He doesn't have that "hard as fuck" look to him.

See: The Limey, Thief, Runaway Train

The Keep (1982) - Odd Michael Mann supernatural horror movie. A lot of people say its bad but its got a good atmosphere with a great cast. It doesn't add up to much though. The Tangerine Dream music is pretty boss. Ian McKellan hams it the fuck up too.

Terminator 3 - Still sadly neglected and overlooked. I'd say that 80, 85 percent of it works better than it has any right to. And the ending is perfect, its the film that reaffirms the original movie and tosses out the handjob hopeful ending of the second film.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:12 AM #155 of 352
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas is fantastic, especially the governor's song. Fucking great.

Also, we've been watching this British food show called The Supersizers. It's this thing where two folks dress up and eat foods from different periods in British history and it's fucking fascinating. Two series of 6 episodes each, and I wish it was on DVD so I could throw money at it, instead of watching semi-crappy .avi files. Also wish there were different language/other country ones. Except the US, since we really don't have enough history to have enough food history for the show to be interesting past a few episodes.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:55 PM #156 of 352
Totally saw Brave. Love whoever is in charge of trailers at Pixar, since I saw none that spoiled any of the plot. Was not an emotional wreck at the end of this one (see: Up, Toy Story 3).

Also, for SAUS participants, the aforementioned British show has, during the 70s episode and a ski vacation, the Ski Sunday Theme.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:53 PM #157 of 352
Love everyone's posts here.

I've queued a bunch since I was sort of MIA for several months on movies front. I'm really hate IMDB's archive system, its just a mess. Do anyone know where I can go for movie titles that shows up for screening anywhere going back for a year or 6 months at least? With it a small blurb of its plot?

Alrighty... here comes the massive text dump. Starting with Instant!

Instant:

I Love You Phillip Morris - Such a fantastic movie. I personally love the characters and their love towards to each other. The very first few scenes of them together for the first time was memorable and was some of the best love scenes I've ever seen. Jim Carrey wasn't bad but Ewan was awesome. <3

Thirst - Not stylish as I'd expect though. I think its the poster that kept giving me a vampiric stylish vibe or something. But yeah, go in expecting like any messed up character driven plot asian films and you'll love this one.

Melancholia - Lars blew me away in this one. I must comment on his intro. I thought it was brilliant, glossing over the previews with the feel of scenes in slowmo you'll see later on but with actual graphical additions. I love it, and I still hate Kristen Dunst lol. I thought Kiefer Sutherland was a bit of a miscast. But I love the concept here and the ending was the way I wanted it.

The Howling Reborn - I was a fan of the Howling horror series as a kid. The lead actor here is an unknown but he definitely worked really well for this movie and I loved him for it. The movie did very well with him, but the rest I can't really comment other than 'blah'. I suppose this movie did a good job on a low budget. I still am adoring that actor. He has this Harry Potter/Tom Cruise in Legend thing going on and he was just cute.

Wrecked - I'm a fan of Adrien Brody and this movie did a fantastic job on being minimalist regarding the environment of being stuck in the car in the woods for days.

Drive - Still love Ryan Gosling and LeHah's right, this guy is STILL that disney kid and too raw with style to be dented with any sort of dirt on his gorgeous face. xD Nonetheless though, I really enjoyed this movie and liked the female lead a lot more than I expected.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - Random, surprised to see the cast after reading the premise. Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce? The movie started out pretty slow at first (well AFTER the intro of course) but the rest were pretty decent. The little girl isn't bad but LOL and <3 the ending.

The Caller - Interesting, I went in without reading the premise some more and realized this is a fantastic time twist sort of movie. I repeat, its NOT a time travel movie but with time in a twist. There was another movie I watched that shared the similar concept where two individuals reach each other across spans of time and eventually meet up with each other at the end. Except this one is pure horror related. Extra plus for that, and that actress has such fantastic hair. :jelly:

Severance - Hilarious yuppies meet rugged people in the woods sort of horror. Its great for the special effects for sure.

Carved: The Slit Mouthed Woman - Yeah, asian horror. :sheepish:

Tokyo Gore Police - I saw a gif of a character scene and thought this would be a good fucked up watch. And it was much more fucked up than I've expected. Its not really gory than its bloody lol. Think spraying hose bloody lmao. Absolutely loved this!

Shutter - Asian Horror, I'm still flip flopping on which one is better, this or the remake.

The Horde - Interesting set up, cops and bad guys in a high rise surrounded by the undead.

Kick-Ass - Absolutely adore this movie. The little girl killing bad guys was a little unnerving lol.

The Fighter - Christian Bale lost weight in this and played his part so well, I was impressed thinking, yeah he's white trash. Still think Marty should just go back to boy band. He's still a paper cut character. :\

True Grit - Jeff Bridges is still fantastic. I liked the young girl lead very much. Matt Damon was alright.

Muoi: the Legend of a Portrait - Asian Horror

The Babysitters - High school girls using the service to really serve men in bed lol. The plot wasn't bad showing the depth of involvement.

The Girlfriend Experience - Its interesting, the leads are gorgeous too lol.

Edison Force - Well. This movie did suck.

Under Suspicion - Another one with Morgan Freeman. This one kinda... sucked too.

The Next Three Days - That title... it can be better. Russell Crowe did well in this, kicking ass to get his wife out of prison.

Trust - LOL, that cunt went out with the old dude. Even I'd stay the fuck away. All I thought was she deserved for how stupid she was. Anyway, what Clive Owen said at the end to her was decent enough of an ending. I liked that they didn't provide finding the guy and then kicking ass part or whatever. But rather how the family can cope instead.

The Man from Nowhere - Pretty awesome, all I kept thinking about was how awesome Leon the Professional was. If you're a fan of that movie, I can recommend this one.

Have enough? NOPE. Here's some more, from dvd rentals and owned dvds.
Dvds:

Sucker Punch - This movie is fucking fantastic. I don't care that its overstylized or overly sexual or overly imaginative. I just liked the girls kicking some god damn ass. Jena Malone is still a huge favorite of mine. God she was rocking that awesome haircut.

Legion - LOL. Terrible. I'd go watch the Prophecy again.

The Town - Still a huge fan of Jermey Renner, Ben Affleck NOT SO MUCH. But his direction is pretty good. I liked the heists and the idea of bank robbers being a family business.

Easy A - Emma Stone is going to be on my must watch list now. She's adorable in this movie. I liked that it started out as a teen movie, but the there's several layers to this plot going on afterwards and made it much more interesting to watch.

Catfish - LOL. People kept saying they saw that coming a mile away wasn't kidding. But I must add that I liked that they kept up with it and expanded a whole lot more in depth about her and her family. In short, the dad's quote at the end about catfish was incredibly fitting and almost concluded the movie on a successful note for me.

Black Swan - I kept hearing rave reviews and I finally got this to watch. The movie did NOT disappoint, especially after knowing how spectacular Requiem of a Dream was for me. Fantastic everything.

The Contract - Morgan Freeman and John Cuscack lol. Its so and so.

Australia - Lots of aussies acting in here! <3 this movie. Finally see a movie that talked about Aboriginals finally.

Boy A - Interesting inside look of a guy being released into the public after a widely publicized brutal murder he did as a kid. I liked it a lot because the lead was a good cast, I thought.

The Maiden Heist - Can't ignore Morgan Freeman, William Macy, or Christopher Walken in the same room lol. Its not bad.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Fantastic. Excellent cast, excellent sets, excellent dialogue, great direction.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Philia; Jul 12, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:19 PM #158 of 352
Watched 21 Jump Street last night. One of the most fabulous uses of a Canon-Welding cameo I've seen. Also was totally expecting a certain deleted scene to actually happen in the movie.

"I taste metal."

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:54 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2012, 06:54 PM #159 of 352
I watched The Dark Knight Rises last night. I enjoyed it, it was a decent end to the re-vamped series (Assuming they don't ruin it with another sequel). There were enough nods to the Knightfall series for those of us who've read it to have a quiet chuckle now and then and although there were massive plotholes throughout, they weren't so bad as in a lot of superhero movies.

Also watched all of series 1 of Game of Thrones which is pretty great. Again with the plot holes and it's a little predictable and formulaic in parts but with an all-Brit cast, the accents are at least not so painful you want to cut your ears off, a common issue with fantasy setting shows.

Seen a bunch of other movies too but I can't remember what they were off the top of my head.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 03:04 PM 1 #160 of 352
... but Peter Dinklage is from New Jersey. He's also the best actor on the show, so.

Watched 9 to 5 Friday night. Fuck yes dolly

Most amazing jew boots
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 03:29 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2012, 09:29 PM #161 of 352
If you say so, Dr Pendantic.

Just watched God bless America. Pretty funny movie, if a little preachy.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 04:10 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2012, 12:10 AM 2 #162 of 352
(Aidan Gillen is Irish)

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:05 PM #163 of 352
Holee fucking shit Netflix has Rocko's Modern Life AND Dinosaurs holeeeeeee shit

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:01 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2012, 06:01 PM #164 of 352
(Aidan Gillen is Irish)
Irish people are British, they've just been pretending not to be for 100 years or so. See also India, Australia, America, Canada, most of Africa and the Middle East.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:04 PM #165 of 352
By that logic, British people are French.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:32 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2012, 07:32 PM #166 of 352
A popular misconception. Actually, the French are British, only we keep that quiet.

How ya doing, buddy?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:06 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2012, 10:06 PM #167 of 352
Just got back from watching Looper. It's a decent enough flick which suffers from fewer of the plot holes that so often plague time travel movies, although there are a few glaring gaps in there. A few neat ideas though and the setting is an interesting interpretation of life in 2044. I particularly liked the use of a Mazda MX5 as his prized classic car.

FELIPE NO
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:08 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2012, 04:08 PM 1 #168 of 352
I got to watch The Ladykillers in the bus I was travelling. I truly loved it, but didn't catch the end because we arrived just a few minutes before it.

Today I searched for it on the Wikipedia and found out that it's a remake by the Cohen brothers, which makes sense now. I'm going to finish it today

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:33 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2012, 10:33 PM #169 of 352
Watched the first episode of Last Resort this weekend. Is it... is it meant to be tongue in cheek? I laughed quite a lot anyway.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:03 PM #170 of 352
So I saw Frankenweenie. Is it bad that I still cried when the dog died, given that that's part of the premise?

Also, sooooo many references. Sooooooo many references. The American Werewolf in Paris one was particularly sweet.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:51 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2012, 10:51 PM #171 of 352
I feel so... included

Interesting that you should point out the Game of Thrones accents, as i have a friend who is Canadian but grew up in London, and is now living in Canada again and she couldn't stand his accent, going on and on about how it doesn't exist and it sounds so out of place etc etc.

Saw Argo in the theater a couple of days ago. I thought it was exciting and entertaining enough, but it was one of those movies where it says "Based on True Events" or whatever, and I was totally buying it up until one point, and then walking out of the theaters i started to realize how ridiculous a lot of it was. Also reading up on the real Canadian Caper didn't really help, as it shed light on just how much Canada's role in the operation was downplayed. Creative liberties etc, i get it. It was an average to okay movie that i will probably forget about in a few months, which is exactly what happened with The Town, and i'm guessing the rest of Ben Affleck's career.

I love buying cheap holiday sale, or bargain bin movies, (resulting in an embarrassingly large own-but-haven't-watched-yet pile of DVDs. Some of the one's i finally did pull off the shelf were.

Thank You For Smoking: I had kind of low expectations going into this one (given my feelings on Juno) but even if it was haphazard and lacked direction it still resonated with me. I liked how the conflict was driven not by one major antagonist, but rather manifested as a series of smaller conflicts all pointing in the right direction brought on by one aspect of the character.

Scream: the only facial expression i can use for this is :\ I know it was the nineties and it was a different era... I dunno, i guess was expecting more a meta narrative rather than just nerd baiting. Maybe i need to watch it again, maybe the sequels do it better, but i stand by that facial expression.

Escape from New York: As a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series i had a noticeable smirk on my face the whole way through this movie (i know i know, it should have been the other way around... so sue me). Between this and The Thing, i want to see more of Carpenter's work.

I'll probably have more to add later.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:13 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2012, 10:13 PM #172 of 352
Today I mainly went to see Skyfall! Monstrous plot holes and continuity errors aside, it was a decent enough film, although the end was a bit too foreshadowing-heavy for my liking. I've definitely watched too many of those shows about movie mistakes to not notice the errors througout this though and I do find when a film is this bad is does distract a little. Disappearing massive ammo clips, shots of Beijing cut in when Bond visits Shanghai (To be fair you'd probably only notice if like me you'd been to both and in fact stayed overlooking the huge traffic junction in Beijing they used), things happening at one underground station then all the protagonists running away from different ones, each at least a mile apart, no blood anywhere despite the bodycounts (12A rating blamed for this), blue filters used excessively to replace dusk and then the sun setting in 30 seconds, smashed windscreens being different amounts smashed, people driving forwards away from head-on collisions and so on. Also I know you're supposed to suspend disbelief when you watch a fim like this but would the entire IT department of MI6 go home at night?

Anyway, it's a good action film, a decent Bond film and certainly better than QofS and I just wish they'd stop trying to shoe-horn in 24 style plots and get back to megolomaniacal weirdoes trying to steal nukes and shit like that.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:19 PM #173 of 352
Skyfall was garbage. I'm not angry at it like I would be some movies but its a massive disappointment and the worst written movie in a very long time.

In equally disappointing news, Boss has been canceled off of Stars so... yeah, back to watching Star Trek on Netflix, I guess.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:56 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2012, 02:56 PM #174 of 352
Aw, it wasn't that bad. The action sequences are decent enough although the fight in pitch darkness in Shanghai was a bit pointless. Compared to other Bond films, it was better than QofS and on a par with Casino Royale, not as good as any of the Connery or Moore ones, better than Dalton all the Brosnan ones except Goldeneye and nothing is as good as On Her Majesty's Service which is so awful it's amazing.

Most amazing jew boots
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:51 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2012, 10:51 PM #175 of 352
In other film news, I went to the cinema again this evening, this time to watch Gambit. It's a funny movie and Cameron Diaz isn't nearly as annoying as she often is. Ending was a bit of a leap of faith but it's worth a look.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?