Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fuck you, VBA. Where's the fucking goddamn BIOS of the fucking goddamn right size?

CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:10 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 06:10 PM #1 of 4
Fuck you, VBA. Where's the fucking goddamn BIOS of the fucking goddamn right size?

So I'm trying to get these ROMs working in VBA without the sound stuttering and skipping like a motherfucker. I played with various sound settings and can't seem to get rid of the occasional scratching, static, and stuttering/repetition. Then it dawned on me that I wasn't using a BIOS file, and that that might help.

So I went in search of BIOS files and found one that I was using with Boycott Advance on my G5. Apparently VisualBoyAdvance is too fucking goddamn ass hell good for my fucking BIOS file, as it says "Invalid bios file size" and won't load the goddamn shitty file the right fucking way.

Ass hell cuntrag cocksucker bitch.

I looked around, Googled it a bit, but all the sites want me to register or don't have the right file. DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND THAT I AM AN AMERICAN AND DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF DELAYED GRATIFICATION? MY FLAG-WAVING BUSH-VOTING INTOLERANT-OF-HOMOSEXUALS-AND-NON-CHRISTIANS ASS WANTS A BIOS FILE NOW.

*sigh* So yeah...any pointers? Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 08:48 AM #2 of 4
From the FAQ

My sound is terrible. What can I do?
Sound quality cannot be guaranteed if the emulation speed is not at full speed (99% or 100% on the title bar). If you own a SBLive card, make sure you have updated drivers as they are really buggy. Also, if the emulator is not running at 99% or 100%, sound may not be perfect. Also, you may want to experiment with different settings like frame skip, vsync, synchronize, sound quality and priority to find the settings that work best on your computer.

Why some games have no sound? (message about BIOS function)
Some games use the BIOS sound driver instead of placing it on their cartridge. VisualBoyAdvance does not emulate those BIOS functions, so no sound will be produced in those cases.

I would conclude that since you're suffering from stutters, and not lack of sound, your problem is not BIOS. You need to play with your settings some more

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 07:25 PM #3 of 4
Okay, will do. Thanks for the input.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 09:14 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 07:14 PM #4 of 4
Originally Posted by CelticWhisper
Okay, will do. Thanks for the input.
Gameboy Advance emulation is purely CPU-based. Having stretching filters will also eat up a ton of CPU power as well. What is your CPU make?

Here's a GBA BIOS just for the hell of it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Render; Jun 16, 2007 at 04:25 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Fuck you, VBA. Where's the fucking goddamn BIOS of the fucking goddamn right size?