Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This Week In Comics (for August 2, 2006)

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 04:44 PM #1 of 15
This Week In Comics (for August 2, 2006)

Comics I'm getting this week:

1)52 Week 13
2)Atom #2
3)BPRD: Universal Machine #5
4)Detective Comics #822
5)Fantastic Four #539 (Civil War tie-in)
6)Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11
7)Moon Knight #4
8)New Excalibur #10
9)OMAC #2
10)Outsiders #39
11)Punisher #36
12)Ultimate Spider-Man #98
13)Uncanny X-MEN #477
------
Finally, a light week. Well, a fairly light week. The last two weeks have been heavy and expensive. I can always count on BPRD to be entertaining. One of these days I'm going to have to pick up the BPRD trade paperbacks. 'Universal Machine' is my second BPRD series. The first one wast last series 'The Black Flame'. Only ONE Civil War tie-in this week. Last week there were SIX tie-in issues.

xman25

How ya doing, buddy?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 05:12 PM #2 of 15
I'm fairly confident this will be a light week at this house, too. On the list you've provided, we have only two titles scheduled to ship, though a couple more have possibilities (those being FF and 52).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 05:28 PM #3 of 15
The list I provided are the ones that I'm getting. There are a lot more coming out that I'm not getting. I go to Diamond Comic Distributors website to update my weekly list. http://www.diamondcomics.com/

xman25

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by xman25; Aug 1, 2006 at 06:32 PM.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:12 PM #4 of 15
New Uncanny, Ultimates, 52 and Civil War pretty much sums up what I'm going to be checking out this week.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:24 PM #5 of 15
This week, we get Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, and the latest Inquest.

I have an idea about how to make these threads more interesting. Maybe we could review some or all of what we get in a given week. Obviously, if there's a thread on it, like Civil War, the review should go there. It would really be great to start this week, considering the light load.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:35 PM #6 of 15
Meh, I don't feel like doing formal reviews. I may post a tidbit or two about how I felt about a book, but don't expect any comics.ign.com style reports from me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:15 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 01:15 PM #7 of 15
If people want to review what they read, sure. But I don't want to make that some necessary condition for posting here.

Not really much of anything I see this week. Uncanny for sure (been a very entertaining story so far) as well as FF...anything else will be a flip-through for me and I'll get what looks good. Maybe Detective Comics (I'd have to get the previous issue too, I suppose), maybe New Excalibur, maybe Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Want to check out this Agents of Atlas to see how I like it, it sounds interesting enough. Dunno, maybe I'll just get a TPB or two this week.

FELIPE NO
and Brandy does her best to understand
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 03:19 PM #8 of 15
I didn't intend for the reviews to be mandatory. This thread just seems like seems like the ideal place to do it, as well as discuss comics that don't have their own threads.

I really hope FF helps explain Civil War #3...

Double Post:
So, this week in comics, Ultimate Spider-Man was rather confusing. Much like most stories in comics these days, I'm sure it'll all be explained later. I'll just have to be patient. Overall, the issue is fun, but the story moves very little. The issue consists a fair amount of Peter having conversations and running places. The fight in the issue makes little sense, at least to me.

This week in comics, we get a story in Uncanny X-Men that could have been told last month, providing better chronology. In any case, the issue is fairly straightforward, though there are a few (more or less) plot problems.
Spoiler:
Isn't Smasher of the Imperial Guard dead? I thought he died during that Shi'ar stuff during Morrison's run. How is he in this issue?

This week in comics, from what my brother tells me, Fantastic Four makes Civil War #3 even more confusing, since:
Spoiler:
Thing decides to fight on neither side in the conflict, yet he's clearly fighting pro-registration in Civil War.
Can neither company do a major title-spanning event and get all the facts straight?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Acro-nym; Aug 3, 2006 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 06:00 AM #9 of 15
The issue with Ben was definitely stupid. GOOD JOB EDITORS!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:39 PM #10 of 15
It is for that reason that I tried to think of reason why Thing appears in that issue. The best I could determine was that both he and Invisible Woman were Life Model Decoys used to possibly convince opposing heroes to join their cause.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:11 PM #11 of 15
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
It is for that reason that I tried to think of reason why Thing appears in that issue. The best I could determine was that both he and Invisible Woman were Life Model Decoys used to possibly convince opposing heroes to join their cause.
Sue wasn't there... was she?!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 10:33 AM #12 of 15
Well, in Civil War #3, Thing does fight for the pro-registration side, but his one line is about how he doesn't want to fight the other side. Seemed like a change of heart could be logical.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
and Brandy does her best to understand
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:26 PM #13 of 15
Yes, but in the previous FF issue, he was already starting to question which side was right after seeing police quelling Yancy Street protesters. And those events appear to take place in the early days of the Act, not after a few weeks (where the fight presumably happens).

And, yes, Sue was there. There's one shot (I think right before Iron Man and Cap shake hands) where she's part of the pro-registration group standing in the background.

I was speaking idiomatically.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:33 AM #14 of 15
The new Batman titles rock my socks.

Dini is great at writing single issue Batman stories (hooray for less year long arcs). And Morrison, well he's Morrison. He's great by default.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:34 PM #15 of 15
Originally Posted by acid
The new Batman titles rock my socks.

Dini is great at writing single issue Batman stories (hooray for less year long arcs). And Morrison, well he's Morrison. He's great by default.
I respectively disagree, mainly for his work in New X-Men and All-Star Superman.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > This Week In Comics (for August 2, 2006)