Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Asshole-ish and Stupid Customers at your job

TheFrenchLlama
'Pictures of Tohno-kun's sleeping face!'

Member 3851

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 08:26 PM #26 of 55
Ohohoho~

Where do I begin? I work in the men's department at Mervyn's, which is a major retail clothing store here on the west coast. And, like all retail, it sucks working there. I've been working there for a little over a year now... and I'm just about to hit my last nerve and quit.

Here are some customers that come to mind:

"You suck at math" Mom and Dad - This was something like my first or second month working there. Apparently this family (mother, father, and their teenage son) called the store earlier, talked to some guy (probably wasn't a manager), and were apparently told that they could get full price on returns if they did not have a receipt. Well, store policy is that if you make a return without a receipt, we can only give you the lowest sale price we offer for that item and the total has to go on a gift card. I had to tell them that they were misinformed and that this was the store policy. The son didn't give a crap, but the parents were getting upset about it. The father asked (read: commanded) me if I could do something obscure like take away tax from each item (don't remember exactly what he said, as this was a year ago). He even said "Even [my son] could do that", implying that I suck at math/I'm a braindead idiot. I was pretty pissed, but remained calm and even offered to call a manager. They declined, took their gift card, and left. After that douche made that comment I was pretty much thinking "Don't insult me like that you uneducated high school drop out piece of shit. -_-" Good times.

Angry Shirt Guy - Older man catches me working on the floor and wants me to direct him to a shirt that could replace the one he was currently wearing. Apparently this was only his third time wearing it, and it had already become shredded in some spots from a wash. I direct him to the dress shirts and he leaves to go look at them. Later I end up being the person ringing him up during a big line... and he somehow expects me to give him a free shirt. Keep in mind he does not have a receipt, nor does he have tags on the item. With that said, there's absolutely no way of us looking up the item to even do a no receipt.

I call my department supervisor over to help me in the situation. She's been working there for several years, so she recognizes the shirt from last year and informs him that we no longer have that shirt in the system at all. Of course he gets upset, and starts to act a bit crazy. He starts to raise his voice, and even make threats like he's going to take this to corporate because we sold him a defective shirt or some crap. My supervisor offers to call the acting store manager for that day. Manager comes over and tells the customer the same exact thing myself and my supervisor have told him: we can't return a shirt without a receipt or tags; store policy/no way of us knowing what the item is or how much it even costs. Now he starts getting really crazy, raising his voice even higher and making weird threats like how he's going to tell all his family members to cut up their Mervyn's credit cards and boycott the store. At this point even Loss Prevention, all three of them, come out because they're worried about him flipping out. Eventually, the manager, with the authorization of LP, just gives him the shirt for free, pretty much and the customer leaves, pissed off.

What a looney. @_@

I'm A Lazy Bitch and so is My Friend - Recently we got Southpole as a brand we're selling. Near the register is a table with jeans on them. I get stopped by this woman and her female friend. They're looking for a certain size and ask me for help. I ask them if they've already looked through all the jeans, because, you know, it's not my job to be your pair of eyes. They say no... and I just kind of stand there, thinking "...they're really expecting me to fucking look for them when they haven't even attempted to look for themselves." I reluctantly help them, trying to find the size they're looking for in a certain style. Can't find it. They ask me again to look... same size but different style. This happens a total of about four times before I become extremely livid and literally give them a "¬_¬" kind of look and helping them again. I guess they finally got the hint and stopped asking me for help. Dumb bitches.

I Can't Wait in Line Guy - This one is recent, but is a quickie too. There's only two of us in line. I'm helping a customer with a lot of stuff, purchases and returns. My coworker just got done helping a customer. There's a family with a lot of stuff next, but they're nice enough to offer the guy behind them to go first since he only had two or three items. He politely declines so they go ahead and begin to get rung up. I swear it was no more than maybe two or three minutes before I hear the same guy practically yell as loud as he could "I CAN'T SPEND MY LIFE HERE!" and suddenly storms off, presumebly to another, shorter line that he can check out at. Here's the kicker: an hour later he's still in the store and ends up checking out at the men's department anyways. ...why the hell did you get all pissy, making it seem like you're in a rush, and then still be in the store a whole hour later? Nut bag!

I seriously need to get out of this job before I kill a customer.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:50 PM #27 of 55
I do pizza delivery. One time, I brought an order of $16.70 to a customer, and the guy wrote me a check of $16.71. What an asshole.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:30 AM #28 of 55
Originally Posted by lightgem
I do pizza delivery. One time, I brought an order of $16.70 to a customer, and the guy wrote me a check of $16.71. What an asshole.
I can top that one.

When we were delivering, we had a special: 4 large 1-toppings for $19.99. We had a regular customer who asked us each time she called and asked for that:
"Can you break a $20?"

Stupid Bitch.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
lightgem
Chocobo

Member 1010

Level 12.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 02:58 AM #29 of 55
Originally Posted by Leknaat
I can top that one.

When we were delivering, we had a special: 4 large 1-toppings for $19.99. We had a regular customer who asked us each time she called and asked for that:
"Can you break a $20?"

Stupid Bitch.
Well, I guess a penny in "the land of bitchez and azzholez" could buy a lot.

Most amazing jew boots
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:26 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 11:56 AM #30 of 55
I have been working in a call center for 4 years now and 2 of those years where spent on the phone troubleshooting customer's internet service. I have had a ton of stupid people call in, but one that is sticking out in my mind at the moment is this one...

A older fella called in bitching and complaining, I looked thorugh his account history and the notes left by other agents where unreal, so this guy is what we classicfy as a problem customer.

The customer demanded a refund on his pay-per-view of the Passion of the Christ because it wasn't in english. I pratically laughed at the guy while he was blowing his top!

How ya doing, buddy?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 01:50 AM #31 of 55
You know, the more I think about this, the more I remember:

Little Caesars:

My Store Manager was yelled at because crazy sauce wasn't included in a Free Crazy Bread coupon.

A while ago, I had a customer try to use either an expired coupon or a coupon with another offer. Whichever it was, the printing was on the coupon, and the girl was being a bitch about the whole thing. She's sitting behind her boyfriend--who was the one making the call--saying, "You tell me WHERE on this coupon it says...oh, never mind. Sorry." Quick hang-up.

I had a woman complain about free crazy bread coupons we gave out for Easter. They expired at the end of the month, and she called to tell me it was OUR fault that she couldn't use the coupon because we shouldn't "give out coupons that expire in 2 weeks." Not our fault you didn't join with the other people who turned theirs in.

Then we have the cheapskates:

We put 1 spice pack in each pizza box. Additional ones are 10 cents each. You wouldn't believe the complaints we get about that. Here's an actual conversation:

Old Man: "You must be new here. They don't charge for these."
Me: "No, sir. I've worked here for over 7 years. We are to charge for additional spice packs. And as a manager, I have to follow this."
Old Man: "When did they start this?"
Me: "When we started with them."
Old Man: "I've never been charged before."
Me: "I'm sorry, sir, but that's our policy."

He bought another one--holding up my line while he put the thing on his pizza.

There are only two of us, and I have a lobby full of people time:

This was at the beginning of Hot and Ready, and I was on counter, and another manager was making pizzas. For some reason, we had a lot of special orders that night. They were coming out fast and furious, and I was taking them out, waiting on customers, and handing out orders. The other manager couldn't help because he was taking phone orders and making the pizzas.

A man comes in, ringing the doorbell. I say, "I'll be right with you." He keeps opening the door--ringing the bell. I say again: "I'll be with you as soon as I can." He rings the bell again. I look up at him a third time to say the same thing, when a customer who's ahead of him says: "Buddy, if she has to stop taking pizzas out to wait on you, and our pizzas burn--I'll wring your neck. Now, knock it off."

The guy was outnumbered 10 to 1--he stopped.

FELIPE NO
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:38 PM #32 of 55
Im glad I no longer have to deal with customers anymore. I only have to deal with salesmen, and they usually know what they want and how to get it.

When I worked at a grocery store though, it was a different story. You could write a short essay on stupid people just about every other day. I wouldnt let it get to me like the other employees though. I would just throw the shit back in there face and call them on there stupidity.

One time a lady tried to bring back a half empty wine bottle because she, and I quote, "didnt like the taste." I told her that other then the fact that theres a law prohibiting us from buying back alcohol that she was stupid for trying to return something because she didnt like it.

She gave me the usual shit about talking to my manager and getting me fired. Funny thing is, I never heard another word about any of these situations.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 08:24 PM #33 of 55
Jesus, Leknaat, you have a shitty job. Reminds me of mine.

I work at a great place for customer service - Taco Bell. I'm a manager, so of course, we get the worst customers. I can't imagine getting good customers, in fact.

For me, one of the worst things I have to put up with is when customers dictate their order to me VERY specifically. For example, a guy wants sour cream on his bean burrito - and he hastens to add, "And I want it SPREAD all over the burrito. I want to taste it in every bite." What the fuck. Shut up.

Another obnoxious customer is not so much rude as annoying: the one who explains WHY they are ordering EVERY ITEM. Now, I don't get too angry with these, because it's not exactly rude, but it can get annoying - especially in a rush. "I want a taco without cheese - the doctor said that I can't have it - and also a bean burrito kid's meal - and can you make sure there are no onions, because Matt's allergic to them?" I don't care WHAT Matt is allergic to, lady, but I'll make the order right regardless.

As for any drive-thru attendents: has anyone had anything thrown at them? I've had water, soda, and a bean burrito. I'm proud of myself having enough restraint for a mere 'FUCK YOU ASSHOLE' instead of punching them in the face. (Remarkably, I wasn't fired, and one customer who witnessed the whole thing from the front said that the guy had deserved the retort. I gave him a free drink.)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:44 PM #34 of 55
All right, Hachifusa--you're my new best friend.

We're managers in food places--we deserve medals--or sainthoods. Hell--gimme a raise....

Now, I haven't had food thrown at me, but I have had a pen thrown at me because the woman ordered the wrong thing, and it was MY fault.

Then there are the people who tell me: "I'll be next door." What the hell do they want me to do? Bring it over to them?

And, I've had the whole "reason" order myself.

But, here's one:
People who send their kids in to pick up 5 pizzas. These kids can barely see over the counter--5 pizzas are heavy. Get the fuck out of the car, and get the damn things yourself--and don't call me when the pizzas are all smashed because you sent a 6 year old in to get those pizzas.

And this happened tonight:
After you order--get the fuck away from the counter. My register is there--I don't know what you want. Don't stand there with your arms folded watching my every move.

KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 02:38 AM #35 of 55
Here's something that didn't happen to me it happened to someone else that's a member of another board that I go to. I thought this was hilarious.

He worked in a music store awhile ago and a woman brings her son who's either eleven or twelve and buys him the first DMX CD. He tells about the explicit content warning. She says okay, how much is it? She buys the CD and the next day she storms in the store and slams the CD and says "What the hell do you think you're doing selling this fucking trash to children?"

He asks her what the problem is and she says "One of you fucking idiots sold this trash to m son" He says "Just as I told you yesterday when I rang this CD up for YOU, it is not Child Friendly." She says "I wouldn't buy this trash for my son." His boss who was listening tells him to check the CD and issue a refund. So he opens the now cracked jewel case and sees that the CD is broken in half. The lady goes "It was like that." He says "Ma'am if the CD was broken when you got it, then you wouldn't have come in complaining about the lyrics and content."

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 12:18 PM #36 of 55
Originally Posted by Leknaat
And this happened tonight:
After you order--get the fuck away from the counter. My register is there--I don't know what you want. Don't stand there with your arms folded watching my every move.
This prompts me to make an announcement:

NEVER watch your local fast food chain make the food. If you're scared we'll scrimp on your order, or otherwise do something to it, then don't go there. There is NOTHING more annoying than the guy who promptly orders, walks three paces to the side, and leans over the counter, watching me make his food.

Yes, sir, it DOES make me nervous. It makes me make your order WORSE, ass.

And the epitome of lack of etiquette is displayed when the customer proceeds to YELL special aspects of his order over the counter after he has paid.

"I want more cheese than that! Put another handful or so!"

No, fucker. I probably gave you too much cheese already. I'm working; leave me alone.

I hate fast food. =/

Most amazing jew boots
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:55 PM #37 of 55
I place stock on the night shift, so my problem isn't customers, but rather the day shift employees.

Just about every night I have stock falling off of pallets I'm moving because these sons of bitches are too stupid to stack them properly and too lazy to take twenty seconds of their time to wrap the pallet. No, instead they have to waste five minutes of my time because I have to stack it again PROPERLY before I get moving again.

Or how about when they leave a dozen pallets of stock they don't want us to place, in front of the ones they actually do want us to place?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:26 PM #38 of 55
I work in A/P but because no one actually uses our automated telephone system, I get mostly A/R calls. One lady a week or so ago called in asking for a refund. I told her I didn't have access to that portion of the system, and that I'd have to transfer her to A/R. She told me no, I had to listen to her. I listened, and then told her no, I couldn't help her, but I could transfer her. She said she'd been trying to get a refund for the last several weeks and no one was calling her back, so she's done. I asked for her number so someone could contact her. She said "No! From now on you guys have to track me down! *click*"

I laughed. Right, big corporation going to waste its time tracking down someone to pay them 15 dollars. Hah!

Another lady called wanting to know about some invoices we owed her. I looked them up. We didn't have them. I asked her to fax them over. She said she already did and wasn't doing it again. I apologized that we didn't have them and explained we really couldn't pay without the invoices. She demands to know what we did with them. I ask her who she faxed them to. She gives me the name of a person who quit working there last October. I explained this to her, and asked her to fax them again. She said no, she demands to speak to my boss. I explain that he isn't in. She insists. I transfer her to his voicemail. She calls back and demands to speak to the CFO regarding my rude behavior. I explain to her that I'm trying to help her, but there's nothing I can do without the invoices. She insists. I transfer her. CFO never answers his office phone. That's the funny part. She hasn't called back either.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 11:01 AM #39 of 55
Talking

This kind of explains itself....

During the time we were missing a few people. In a call support center...when people call in you feel it.

The company works as an contractor for us. My manager gave the company a call back, she's one of those sarcastic smartass types.

After the call was over she described the guy as a "Pussy Cat"....

FELIPE NO
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 01:48 PM #40 of 55
I have another one I forgot to mention...

Customer sent us an email regarding one of our notebooks she purshased for her daughter who often goes over seas. On her latest trip she had been stopped by the airport security after she put her notebook through the xray security machine...thing.

Apperantly the inside of that model looked like a gun and therefore she was held up until she showed the guards that the notebook worked. So...her mother decided to send us a letter to complain that the inside of our notebook looks like a gun....and that we should be aware of this.

So....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2006, 09:15 PM #41 of 55
^What the hell. Can't an obviously responsible adult learn how to use punctuation properly? It completely destroys one's credibility.

Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 02:46 PM #42 of 55
Originally Posted by Cellius
^What the hell. Can't an obviously responsible adult learn how to use punctuation properly? It completely destroys one's credibility.
Unfortunately this is very common...

J.K.
K.J. in reverse...

Member 11265

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:01 PM #43 of 55
Originally Posted by KCJ506
So have you guys had any irrate (bad attitude, asshole-ish) customers at your jobs?

I work at a video store and people will see me in my uniform putting movies on the shelf and they go "Do you work here?"

Also customers usually get these coupons in the mail which you can use to get rent one movie and get another free. They're only for the older movies and video games. They don't work for new releases. It even says so on the coupon. So this one time these people bring up a new release AND an older movie and they wanted to use to coupon. I tell them it won't work for new movies and they make a big fuss about it. My manager who was listening let them have one of the movies free. It's a good thing he did just to get them to shut the hell up. Read the damn coupons people it's not that hard.
Wow...I work at a video store as well...Got that same first question lol
That, and:

People can't seem to tell the difference between display boxes and movie boxes, also between movies for rent and movies for sale-even with a big ass red price tag on the sale movies...
Hell, some people can't even find the door. Good times, man, good times.

And then, there was one...
KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:00 PM #44 of 55
[QUOTE=J.K.]
People can't seem to tell the difference between display boxes and movie boxes, also between movies for rent and movies for sale-even with a big ass red price tag on the sale movies...
[QUOTE]

People do the same thing at my job. One time this guy brought up a display box and we didn't have the movie in. So he got mad and asked me "Why do we put the boxes out there if we don't have the movie?" I told him "So we'll know where the movie goes." I mean we can't just leave the shelf empty.

We also have special where you can buy movies for 3 for $25 or 4 for $20 special.The 3 for $25 only works for movies that are $9.99 and above and the 4 for $20 only works for movies that are $7.99 or below. This one time this guy wanted to do the 3 for $25, but he had a movie that was part of the 4 for $20, I told him that it wouldn't work like that, so he made a huge fuss over it and was like "**** this place! I'm outta here!" And stormed out the doors.

There was also this one time when this old lady wanted to do the 4 for $20, but she only had two movies and she told about the sign that said the movies were $5. The sign said that there $5 only when you buy four movies that $7.99 or under. She got mad and said that was very misleading and that she shouldn't have to $7 each for two movies. Man why is it so hard for people to read?

We have a gamecrazy store next to us and sometimes I go over there when I'm on my break and I get a little annoyed when people who see me playing a game come from the video store area into the gamecrazy store and ask me about a movie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:59 PM #45 of 55
Ugh, I don't even think I should bother writing about the bad customers I've had. I try to forget about them as soon as I can, so I don't stress myself out too much.

Anyway, I work in a department store. I've been there exactly one year this month and boy oh boy is it fun. It's my first job, and I try not to let people tick me off too much but sometimes I can't help but get mad.

The store I work at doesn't believe in fitting room attendants, so the cashiers have to clean out each room whenever they get a chance. (If it's busy and there's only one cashier, the rooms won't be checked.) I've found the most disgusting things in there. Trash, bodily fluids, tags from clothing (meaning someone stole stuff), etc.. Plus, I have to deal with returns which in itself drives me up the wall.

I don't think I'm a 'people person'. Heh, but anyway, customers can be a pain, I know.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Aoie_Emesai
Bananas gives K(potassium)

Member 1160

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:46 PM #46 of 55
I work in a toy store. Sometimes i work at the customer service and oh my gosh! stupidest peopel come and try to return items for no apparent reasons. I always get the people who comes in and try to return an open game (PS2, Xbox and that such). During the End of the July Month, people like to return their pools they bought like a month ago. And it specifally state (even on the box) that they are not to return it to the store for refund, because they can't do that to begin with. And teh only way it could've been retured anyway would be that it was defective or damage already before it was opened. We got lots of water guns that seem superficially damage and defective, but to simple matter, all I have to do is run to the back, fill it with water, and shazamm (it works like new), and apparently the customer said it didn't work earlier.

Another dumb stories i have are people who come looking for the bathroom. I understand the people who don't know where it is because they're in the front of the store, but OOOOOOO!! those people who are right under the fracking restroom sign and say "Excuse me, Where might your bathroom be?" But as a employee, i have to act accordingly to all customers and point them toward the RR.

Now during the Christmas season, it's crazily busy and of course there's people who are trying to do the last of their shopping and suchs so you meet them at like Dec. 22-24, you get the worst of them. Eventually neear tthe end of the day, the machine that you slide your debit/credit card thru broke and I turned on the "Cash Only" light, yet more than half of the customers come and try to pay with debit/credit. And so it happened, I get this guy how only wants to pay with Debit, but I told him that the machine for it happens to be broken at the moment and I cannot accept credit or debit and only cash.

So he goes into a rampage, and says " I only want to use Debit Only!", "Why dont your machine work!" "I don't Have and cash with me! THat's why I want to use DEBIT!" And he starts yelling at me for not having a working machine. "I apologize for the incovenience" I said, but if you step into the next line, the register can accept your debit. So he complains and complains for about 1-2 mins and I call my manager to settle this. Eventually it ends with him going to the next register. (how he pissed me off)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Digital_Divider
because bastard operators from hell get all the ladies.

Member 8324

Level 6.27

Jun 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:24 PM #47 of 55
Let me tell you about a problem Customer, to protect those not innocent, I'll call him "Enigma". I work tech support for what's basically a tank plant, most of our customers are engineers/CAD personnel running Unix/Linux. It's important to keep em up and running obviously, but this fucker was just an annoying bastard. He would constantly whine about his system being slow, or how slow his windows partition would run or how VMware (windows emulation software) was so slow. He'd do the rational thing and put in his tech support ticket... but one was never enough for this guy.. he'd put in like five or six in a row, spamming the tech support ticket system. We've done everything we could for this guy-- a new workstation, reloaded the OS, reloaded software, checked his network connection, the whole nine yards. I'm thinking the issue at this point is PEBKAC..

FELIPE NO
I am myself. You can't change me. I am who I am.
TJCOMBO
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 11472

Level 1.00

Aug 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:27 PM #48 of 55
NEVER work in a gameroom for kids/retards.

I used to work in a really big gameroom, for kids, with rides and a pizza buffet...
The games took a hell of a beating needless to say, so when one was down, we'd turn it off, put a sign, use electrical tape to cover the coin slots.

Parents would still come to me nagging about a machine that took their money, I go over there, no kid around, just them. They say:

"MISTA MISTA, this machine too my monies and it dont wanna start!"

My initial reaction wanted to be "Did it tell you 'i dont wanna start!? Or did you assume that?'"

So I take a look and see that the tape had been pulled away from the coin slot, and 1 token was in the empty bin below.

I'm thinking How retarded are you? You're an adult, and you 1. cant read a sign, 2. cant noticed a machine is has NO power and 3. you pull away a piece of tape blocking BOTH coin slots and still wonder why the game "Dont wanna start"

This happened tons of times, another idiot move they did was bring me to a machine that was off, with an out of order sign, and tape on the slots, and try to tell me "It took my money". I open the coin door, look in the bin and notice "huh..its empty" Of course they swear to god they stuck money in there, "SOMEONE MUST HAVE TAKEN IT OUT!! I PUT IT IN HERE!!!!" Which is absolutely impossible. No one had coin door keys except a manager on duty (ME).

Or they'd break open a machine, and steal a stack of tickets, run to the ticket counting machine and wait in line. Of course we knew who stole them, they had a stack of 2,000 untorn tickets, and most people dont know that ticket dispensers mark every ticket that comes out of the machine, so if its smooth and unmarked, you stole them.

I hate the world. I loved arcades, and working with them, but after 2 and a half years of pure stupidity, and low life retards piling through the door for a cheap buffet and a way to ditch their stupid kids, i had enough.

How ya doing, buddy?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:20 AM #49 of 55
Originally Posted by TJCOMBO
I used to work in a really big gameroom, for kids, with rides and a pizza buffet...
The games took a hell of a beating needless to say, so when one was down, we'd turn it off, put a sign, use electrical tape to cover the coin slots.

Parents would still come to me nagging about a machine that took their money, I go over there, no kid around, just them. They say:

"MISTA MISTA, this machine too my monies and it dont wanna start!"

My initial reaction wanted to be "Did it tell you 'i dont wanna start!? Or did you assume that?'"

So I take a look and see that the tape had been pulled away from the coin slot, and 1 token was in the empty bin below.

I'm thinking How retarded are you? You're an adult, and you 1. cant read a sign, 2. cant noticed a machine is has NO power and 3. you pull away a piece of tape blocking BOTH coin slots and still wonder why the game "Dont wanna start"

This happened tons of times, another idiot move they did was bring me to a machine that was off, with an out of order sign, and tape on the slots, and try to tell me "It took my money". I open the coin door, look in the bin and notice "huh..its empty" Of course they swear to god they stuck money in there, "SOMEONE MUST HAVE TAKEN IT OUT!! I PUT IT IN HERE!!!!" Which is absolutely impossible. No one had coin door keys except a manager on duty (ME).

Or they'd break open a machine, and steal a stack of tickets, run to the ticket counting machine and wait in line. Of course we knew who stole them, they had a stack of 2,000 untorn tickets, and most people dont know that ticket dispensers mark every ticket that comes out of the machine, so if its smooth and unmarked, you stole them.

I hate the world. I loved arcades, and working with them, but after 2 and a half years of pure stupidity, and low life retards piling through the door for a cheap buffet and a way to ditch their stupid kids, i had enough.
Question:

You ever had the person putting the money in the token machine and think they won when tokens came out?

I saw that at our arcade.

But tonight at the pizza place I had a woman who claimed that our sign said "10 piece" chicken wings, when the 10 had clearly been marked out. "That's what it says, so you should give them to me." She was getting angry over 2 chicken wings; she wanted the manager's number. I couldn't give that to her. Okay, she wants the office number. Ummm....I can't find it (our phone list disappeared), so I call MY boss. (10:15 in the evening, and I'm calling her for this stupidity.) I get the number, and my boss says, "Tell her, for future reference, the wings come in 8 piece." Which I did after giving her the number. The woman threw another hissy-fit.

Fine, she came back to get her wings, and apologized to the cashier asking us to excuse her behavior. Maybe it was the fact that the computer receipt said 8 PIECE CHICKEN WINGS?

wiz
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 11311

Level 1.47

Aug 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 03:57 AM #50 of 55
Thats whats great about being a webmaster/designer you never get to see your customers only read what they have to say

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Asshole-ish and Stupid Customers at your job