Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

The Mageling
I've lost my way

Member 863

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:25 AM #151 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
Also, the two-minute preview posted above had a scene in which Matt Parkman is in a room with a guy that's strapped to a table and is holding a cup of water. The guy is causing the water to boil over, leading me to believe that this is potentially another hero for the story. Probably a pyrokinetic. It'd be cool to have a firestarter as a hero.
I dunno, the fact that he was in an orange prison jumpsuit and strapped down leads me to believe he's not exactly a good guy. Then again, maybe he was put in prison for an accidental discovery of his power.

FELIPE NO
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:30 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 06:30 AM #152 of 826
Originally Posted by The Mageling
I dunno, the fact that he was in an orange prison jumpsuit and strapped down leads me to believe he's not exactly a good guy. Then again, maybe he was put in prison for an accidental discovery of his power.
Or could it be Matt's power evolving? Matt did have a very odd expression when he was talking to the prisoner, and imprisoning someone with superpowers is very unlikely if you ask me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Mageling
I've lost my way

Member 863

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 02:01 AM #153 of 826
Originally Posted by fiercedeity
Or could it be Matt's power evolving? Matt did have a very odd expression when he was talking to the prisoner, and imprisoning someone with superpowers is very unlikely if you ask me.
I didn't think of that. I really like Matt, so I'd be glad to see that. It does seem that adding new heroes at this point would make the show very complicated, with each character getting less that 10 minutes of air time, assuming the time is distributed evenly.

Am I the only one who is beginning to doubt that Claire's father is bad? Specifically judging by what he said in the extended previews Sunday night, it seems like he is hunting Sylar and maybe using the other heroes to draw him out of hiding.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:31 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 10:31 AM #154 of 826
I have never thought that Claires father was a bad guy (the guy in the horn rimmed glasses). He is too obvious to be a bad guy. He is merely trying to use them to bring Syler to justice I think. He must know that Syler cant be captured using regular means, so he needs these extra-ordinary people to start helping.

Also im downloading the new episode now (episode 5) so I will probably post a review once I have watched it. Im really REALLY excited about this one, as according to the preview, we see Nathan fly, we meet DL, and a whole host of new jumps ^^

Edit: Ok I just re-watched the trailer and the prisoner looks scared, while the officer is shouting, and im pretty positive its the officer making the water boil. Also im very excited about the fact that the "Heroes" are now meeting up. Looks like this episode five is gonna be badass!!!! 82.2% downloaded, says 40mins left on download, BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by fiercedeity; Oct 24, 2006 at 05:35 AM.
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:47 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 02:47 AM #155 of 826
I think this weeks episode was just awsome and so far the best. I've put up some pics of the newest Episode on my Blog. Can't wait for next week where we see how Claire confronts her alter ego

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:10 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 11:10 AM #156 of 826
96.7%... grrrrrrrr

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:48 AM #157 of 826
Originally Posted by Elrasiel
I think this weeks episode was just awsome and so far the best. I've put up some pics of the newest Episode on my Blog. Can't wait for next week where we see how Claire confronts her alter ego
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Claire is the cheerleader, Niki is the split-personality mother.
Why does everyone seem to confuse them?

Stuff Responding to Crash:

However, this does lead me to believe that Peter could be the key to defeating Sylar. Sylar is apparently telekinetic (amongst possible other abilities too). If Peter and Sylar were to meet, Peter could conceivably defeat Sylar at his own game.
I was thinking that Peter would be the key to beating Sylar as well, but in a different way. It remains to be seen if Peter can use more than one power at a time since it seems to be done through proximity. It's possible (although probably too overpowered to be likely) that once he's surrounded by everyone he might be able to channel whatever powers he wants from the other heroes. With Claire's invulnerability, Niki's strength, and D.L.'s phasing he would put up a pretty good fight against Sylar.

I find it very peculiar that she was wheeled into the hospital all battered and bloody, but none of the staff seemed to blink an eye when she was fully healed and walking about the floor. Unless her father's assistant wiped everyone's mind, it seems like a bit of sloppy writing.
I noticed that too. It seemed like the only hint that the hospital staff even noticed was when she was first wheeled in and the paramedic was confused as to why she was no longer choking on blood. You'd think that her being up and walking around with no wounds at all would cause a pretty big commotion.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by The Plane Is A Tiger; Oct 24, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 02:20 PM #158 of 826
Originally Posted by Protom@nNeo
I missed the first half hour of tonights episode so I'm a bit confused how the cop ended up back home with his wife. Last week when he was told he'd be "wiped" clean I asumed he would wake up working for the bad guys. (which still maybe the case) I just want ot know wat happened in that first half hour.
I wondered about that myself, but I think basically the government agent still thinks all of these heroes are valuable enough to be kept alive, which is why he didn't shoot Nathan Patrelli.

I'm interested to see just how Mr. Bennet will factor into the whole thing. I wouldn't count him out just yet as a misguided good guy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:14 PM #159 of 826
Everyone who thinks Claire's (adoptive) father is a rebellious good-guy seems to be overlooking the fact that he's been working with the guy who can erase peoples' memories. There's no beneficial motivation that I can think of which would necessitate this. In fact, Parkman, when asked where he was the previous day, couldn't recall.

If Mr. Bennett were independently working for good, and working to stop Syler, then it doesn't make much sense for him to have Parkman's memory of the Syler erased. After all, wouldn't it be smarter for the heroes to know what they're up against?

Also, Mr. Bennett showed up in Las Vegas. He really gets around, doesn't he? He's been to NYC, L.A., Vegas and Odessa, TX so far. If I had to guess, I'd say he's working directly for this "Linderman" fellow.

By the way, don't be surprised if some of the incidental characters we've met so far don't wind up possessing super abilities themselves. The Asian woman who propositioned Niki to sleep with Nathan Petrelli and who works for Linderman? Ando, Hiro's sidekick? The friendly neighbor girl who's been keeping Mohinder company? The FBI agent who figured out Matt's telepathic skills?
Any and all of them are potential heroes (or villains) as well. Perhaps not in the near future, but maybe by the end of the season or next season.

Spoiler:
Wouldn't it be an absolute kick in the teeth if the friendly neighbor woman that's been helping Mohinder turns out to be Syler? We've only assumed that Syler is male. After all, Syler somehow knew that Mohinder had found "his" base of operations, then stripped the place clean. The neighbor was with Mohinder during the discovery, so that's a perfect explanation right there. She knew all about Mohinder's father and Mr. Suresh was directly responsible for Syler's self-realization. If she's Syler, then she needs Mohinder to help her find the other heroes for her own benefit.

Call me crazy, but this seems very, very plausible.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:21 PM #160 of 826
Spoiler:
Wouldn't it be an absolute kick in the teeth if the friendly neighbor woman that's been helping Mohinder turns out to be Syler? We've only assumed that Syler is male. After all, Syler somehow knew that Mohinder had found "his" base of operations, then stripped the place clean. The neighbor was with Mohinder during the discovery, so that's a perfect explanation right there. She knew all about Mohinder's father and Mr. Suresh was directly responsible for Syler's self-realization. If she's Syler, then she needs Mohinder to help her find the other heroes for her own benefit.

Spoiler:
Didn't Mohinder's father refer to Sylar as a "he" in the recording? I could swear there was something like that which made me discount that very theory.

Her character seems like someone who's either going to turn out to be Sylar or be killed by him. I find her slightly annoying, so either one of those would be good news for me. She would instantly be redeemed for being a little annoying if she turned out to be Sylar.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 03:45 PM #161 of 826
Everyone who thinks Claire's (adoptive) father is a rebellious good-guy seems to be overlooking the fact that he's been working with the guy who can erase peoples' memories. There's no beneficial motivation that I can think of which would necessitate this. In fact, Parkman, when asked where he was the previous day, couldn't recall.

If Mr. Bennett were independently working for good, and working to stop Syler, then it doesn't make much sense for him to have Parkman's memory of the Syler erased. After all, wouldn't it be smarter for the heroes to know what they're up against?
Spoiler:
That maybe true, but at the same time, why wouldn't he have already erased Claire's memory/handed her over to Syler already? Also, he has seen the map of where Dr. Suresh has pinpointed the heroes, but he seems to have an uncanny ability to know who they are, and what they can do...maybe he has some insight to the future, and knows who might end up helping Syler in the end, hence the mind wipe to prevent that from happening.

Concering the pictures Peter put up "like a comic book"

Spoiler:
Didn't it look lilke, in one of the frames, that Ando was shot, or something? He was falling back and blood, or at least I assume, was over the top of the canvas.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 04:42 PM #162 of 826
about Sylar:
Spoiler:
I think Sylar is just an unknown guy for now. Everyone is trying to identify him as one of the existing characters.. Peter from the future.. HRG.. Claire.. even DL who hasn't appeared until now.
Now Eden (that chick?)
If that were true, the preview of future episodes shows Mohinder kissing "Sylar."
I sense some homosexual themes arising.

comic book paintings
Spoiler:
It doesn't look like Ando is being shot, Hiro doesn't have a shocked expression on his face. There's just simply blood all over a "Homecoming" banner.. from Claire's high school
I wish Ando got shot though ;]

Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 03:43 PM #163 of 826
I thought the last episode was the best so far, too. I'm not going to try to justify it anymore. This is a pretty decent show.

There should be a clear spoiler policy because I don't know if some are just about the most recently aired episode, which I want to read. What I don't want to read are actual spoilers about shows that haven't aired. Want to click, but can't.

I think Claire's dad is an asshole. He's up to something that involves fucking over other people who don't even know who the hell he is. So I vote for evil there.

Everyone on this show is pretty.

Most amazing jew boots
RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 07:15 PM #164 of 826
Originally Posted by Jochie
I thought the last episode was the best so far, too. I'm not going to try to justify it anymore. This is a pretty decent show.

There should be a clear spoiler policy because I don't know if some are just about the most recently aired episode, which I want to read. What I don't want to read are actual spoilers about shows that haven't aired. Want to click, but can't.

I think Claire's dad is an asshole. He's up to something that involves fucking over other people who don't even know who the hell he is. So I vote for evil there.

Everyone on this show is pretty.
Issue #4 of the Graphic Novel:
Spoiler:
The character Claire Bennet saves Brody Mitchum from his burning car (the gas tank broke and a live wire sparked the fire), and still wishes for a normal life, but Brody apparently discovers her power. Continued from Collision.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:22 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 07:22 PM #165 of 826
Everyone who thinks Claire's (adoptive) father is a rebellious good-guy seems to be overlooking the fact that he's been working with the guy who can erase peoples' memories. There's no beneficial motivation that I can think of which would necessitate this.
It is possible that he thinks by controlling the heroes, he can protect them from harm (meaning Sylar). The fact that he only took certain memories away from Parkman speaks to this. He doesn't want Parkman to do something stupid, maybe, like put himself on the news, or broadcast to everyone around him that he's using supernatural abilities.

Parkman's disorientation could be an indication that they took away his memories of his powers, as well. It seemed to me like he was doing a lot of the things with his wife instinctively. He recalled that he was working for the CIA, but couldn't seem to give her more than that when she pressed him.

fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 12:56 AM #166 of 826
Ok well I watched episode 5 and had to pick my jaw up off the floor afterwards (wasnt gonna turn away for a second during). It was another solid episode and full of tantalising new insights into the heroes lives.

Spoilers abound so I'll put the whole thing under spoiler tags out of respect for those who aint seen it!

Spoiler:

Nathan flies! Yes, we finally see him take off, sonic boom and speed about like a mad seagull. Awesome flight sequence and it seems he is getting closer to embracing his power.

Isaac is beginning to doubt his power more, as I would think he is putting his abilities down to his Heroin addiction, some kind of hallucination, or something that makes him think he is doing something special when in actual fact he isnt, but he is, and he realises that, and meets Peter, which is a great scene.

Peter uses more of Isaac's power. Seems peter is now getting better at controlling his cool power. He finished the cheerleader painting for Isaac using his powers, and he even gets the white eyes thingy too. Very cool little sequence. I like it that Mohinder has now backed out for a bit too, no one likes people without powers (Just kidding, he is a great character, but its nice to see he isnt just getting everything falling into his lap). Oh and we got the message, and what a cool message. Save the Cheerleader, save the world.

That brings me onto Claire. She had a trauma in this episode and has now seen the results of her anger. She saw Brody lying there covered in bruises etc, and now he doesnt know who she is, and I bet she thinks its her fault he has amnesia. I like how the story is beginning to revolve around Claire though cause I just cant get enough of her gruesome regeneration ^^b.

Hiro. Hirrrrrrro. Hiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooo! Man I LOVE this character. He showed us 2 very distinct separations from his character today. One, when he is in the diner, he is cute and cuddly when he asks for a lift, and is truly in awe of Nathan, and two, on the train, we meet future Hiro and boy has he done himself up. A very interesting and complicated character, but very well done. (if any of you hadnt noticed, its Franklin out of Scrubs too )

Ando went to find Nikki, which he did and was promptly cuffed and held down because of the whole mix up. Nothing much else to talk about with Ando, still a good character though.

Which brings me to Nikki. She now is more sure that its DL following her, and causing this trouble, than she is about some kind of split personality, but she gets out of her troubles and is allowed to live happy with Mika. DL is in the house now too though, and no one knows that yet.

The guy in horn rimmed glasses (Claires dad, Mr Bennet) has now become even more confusing. His power seems to be summoning a black guy to wipe memories This episode he uses a curtain to summon him. Amazing power lol. Anyways in seriousness, I am still sure that Mr Bennet is a good guy, but isnt letting too much info out yet as its an NBC show, and they dont wanna let it all out too soon. He didnt shoot Nathan when he had a clear shot at him, but he knows that Nathan is a flyer, as he gets a full display of his awesome flight.

All in all a great episode, the best yet, I just hope for more of this, as its getting a little too good to be true lol.

Oh and Mr Linderman? Blatantly the chinese woman who owns the hotel.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:13 PM #167 of 826
Claire:
Spoiler:
I find it very peculiar that she was wheeled into the hospital all battered and bloody, but none of the staff seemed to blink an eye when she was fully healed and walking about the floor. Unless her father's assistant wiped everyone's mind, it seems like a bit of sloppy writing.

On the stick: it's very likely that Claire's regeneration isn't cellular, but rather triggered by a chemical in the brain whenever something like seratonin is released during pain. If that section of her brain were impaired for any reason, it would make sense that it couldn't trigger her regeneration. And it makes sense for Claire to have a weakness.
That doesn't seem to fit though.
Spoiler:
How did she regenerate her brain? If it works as you describe it, then she wouldn't have been able to come back to life after the piece of wood was dislodged.

Double Post:

Also, Mr. Bennett showed up in Las Vegas. He really gets around, doesn't he? He's been to NYC, L.A., Vegas and Odessa, TX so far. If I had to guess, I'd say he's working directly for this "Linderman" fellow.

By the way, don't be surprised if some of the incidental characters we've met so far don't wind up possessing super abilities themselves. The Asian woman who propositioned Niki to sleep with Nathan Petrelli and who works for Linderman? Ando, Hiro's sidekick? The friendly neighbor girl who's been keeping Mohinder company? The FBI agent who figured out Matt's telepathic skills?
Any and all of them are potential heroes (or villains) as well. Perhaps not in the near future, but maybe by the end of the season or next season.

Spoiler:

I could see the father being a good guy and also agree with your Syler analysis.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Mucknuggle; Oct 24, 2006 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 09:11 PM #168 of 826
I reuploaded all 5 episodes on Sendspace (splitted with WinRAR)
check my previous post

Get some new people hooked!

--
In the last episode with Hiro and Nathan at the Diner, I was hoping that Hero would give him a demonstration of some sort to make him believe. But it seems like Nathan is slightly blowing him off as some crazy Japanese kid or doesn't want to be too involved with the superheroes business. Hell, he didn't even take Hiro's prediction about the bomb too seriously either.

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:05 PM #169 of 826
Originally Posted by striped phantom
I reuploaded all 5 episodes on Sendspace (splitted with WinRAR)
check my previous post
Thank you kindly, sir. I've got them all now. I trust you'll be adding each new episode as it airs?

So I watched all five episodes last night and tonight, with greater scrutiny for detail. I noticed some peculiarities, and also some points that cleared up previous questions.

Don't mind my wild theorizations. I enjoy going "single bullet theory" on this stuff.

Isaac:
Spoiler:
In Episode 1, we meet Isaac as he's smearing black paint all over several of his pieces. Curiously, one of the paintings is of a large hand clutching a hand of boiling water. We've seen this elsewhere: in the four-minute trailer, there was a scene with Matt Parkman and an unidentified convict that involved the same glass of boiling water. No idea what this means, but it's cool that the foreshadowing was there right from the very begining.

Another painting shows several large, seemingly sharp objects flying toward Peter. In the subway scene, Hiro remarks that Peter was harder to recognize without his scar. It's very possible that the scene in the painting is where he gets the scar. One can only wonder if Peter will be able to mimic Claire's regenerative powers at that point.

Guns:
Spoiler:
In Episode 3, Mohinder is seated at his desk when the door knocks. The neighbor, Eden(?), comes in and sees Mohinder puts his gun away in the drawer.

In Episode 5, Mr. Bennet and the Unnamed Man escort Nathan Pitrielli outside. During this scene, Mr. Bennet is holding a gun that's a perfect match to the one Mohinder had in his apartment. I couldn't tell you the make or caliber, but studying several still frames showed that they were indeed identical models.

This gun is significant because it's also the same model that Hiro found on the floor of Isaac's studio in Episode 2. It was apparent that Sylar had come to visit Isaac. Whether Isaac or Sylar owned the gun is uncertain, but it's certainly curious because it could hold the key to unravelling the motives of either Mr. Bennet or Eden, the neighbor.

D.L. Hawkins:
Spoiler:
Okay, previews have shown that his power is phasing, that is, he can move through solid matter, and possibly liquid, unhindered. Comic book enthusiasts will recognize this ability as belonging to Marvel's Kitty Pryde, a.k.a. Shadowcat.

I am eagerly awaiting the meeting of D.L. and Hiro. In Episode 1, Hiro specifically mentions Kitty Pryde when explaining where he learned about the laws of time and space. When Hiro sees what D.L. can do, I expect nothing less than a completely hilarious scene in which Hiro reveals his fanboyhood and D.L. has no idea what's going on.

Incidentally, I seriously doubt that D.L. is guilty of the murders for which he's accused. We don't know any details, but given the direction of the plot, and an interview with writer Tim Kring in TV Guide, there's a strong indication that D.L. is innocent.

Micah Sanders:
Spoiler:
He's a brainchild. That in itself may eventually become significant, as both of his parents are superpowered. TV Guide refers to them as "mutants" and there's no denying that there's a strong similarity between Heroes and the X-Men. (Remember, Kitty Pryde's name WAS invoked.) I think it's a safe bet that Micah's got some kind of latent power himself. Couldn't say what, though. We're all expecting something mental in nature, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the writers threw us a loop and gave Micah something very physical, such as super speed or the ability to erect force fields.

But Micah definitely knows that his father, D.L., has the ability to phase. He's encouraged Niki to seek out D.L.'s help, and has knowingly disputed her claims that D.L. will eventually be apprehended and stored in prison, permanently.

Sylar:
Spoiler:
As I've previously suggested, it could easily turn out that Sylar is Eden, the neighbor. However, the scene in Episode 3 with Det. Parkman shows a much larger man who definitely has powers, casting some doubt on my theory.

However, it's still conceivable that Eden and Sylar are somehow connected. Eden saw Mohinder stash the same gun that later turned up in Isaac's apartment. Eden knew a lot about Mohinder's father and seemed to be keeping tabs on the entire situation rather well. She was also very insistent that Mohinder not break entry into Sylar's apartment. In fact, when the pair returned with the cops, it's possible that Eden tipped Sylar off, allowing him to cleanse the place in time.
Eden also knows about the link to Nathan Pitrielli and has met Peter in person. She will likely learn of Isaac rather soon, giving some substance to how the gun shows up in Isaac's apartment.

Alternatively, Eden is, in fact, Sylar and possesses some sort of shapeshifting power, a la Mystique. Given that Kring has pretty much "borrowed" other mutant abilities from the X-Men series, it's not that far a stretch to think shapeshifting couldn't appear here as well. Kring has all but admitted that Sylar has numerous skills.

The last possibility is that Eden is actually an agent of Mr. Bennet's and had been keeping tabs on Mohinder's father. When Mr. Suresh was killed and Bennet ran into Mohinder, Eden may have had her duties continued. This could also place the mysterious gun into Mr. Bennet's hands.

Claire:
Spoiler:
There was some concern about how Claire could arrive at the hospital damaged and hurting, then raise no eyebrows when she was fully healed and ambulatory within hours.
Further review shows that Claire wasn't injured when she arrived; she'd healed long beforehand. Her body was just covered with dried blood, giving the appearance of wounds. An EMT mentions how her mouth was filled with blood when they found her but there was no longer any trace of injury.

The stick: when the coroner yanked the stick out, I noticed that the wound was positioned over the medulla. It's basic biological knowledge that the medulla is the section of the brain that governs homeostasis, all the rudimentary functions of the other organs that keep up going.

Although her medulla could probably regenerate its own tissue indefinitely - and that would almost have to be the case here - the stick may have been enough to prevent it from seeing to the rest of Claire's body.

Occam's Razor makes this the best explanation.

Mr. Bennet:
Spoiler:
What a weasel. I'm now unsure if he's good or bad. I suspect he's a bit of a Robin Hood, committing despicable acts for some greater good. He's admitted to being part of an organization, so his actions are likely required by his job and not specifically indicative of his own morality. Bennet may well despise what he's forced to do.

He travels with the Unnamed Man, for unrevealed purposes. Mr. Bennet also owns a handgun just like the one found at Isaac's death. It would almost seem as though Mr. Bennet is chasing after Sylar, or vice-versa.
Consider that Bennet has appeared in the same places we know Sylar has been, or will be. Bennet has travelled through NYC and met Mohinder, albeit briefly (See Sylar/Eden, above). Mr. Bennet got a hold of Matt Parkman right after the run-in with Sylar in Los Angeles. We also know that Sylar will eventually be making his(?) way to Odessa, TX. Further episodes may also reveal a connection between Sylar and Las Vegas as well, giving Mr. Bennet reason to have been in the same casino as Nathan and Niki.

I am beginning to surmise that there's a long, long back history that hasn't been revealed. I'd bet anything that it involves a government black-ops program to accelerate genetic evolution and that both Mr. Bennet and the elder Suresh are/were involved. However, Suresh may have developed moral issues with the program's direction and sought to track the test subjects himself. Whereas Mr. Bennet is working with the government and is seeking to keep the subjects under wraps.

See, there's that symbol, which is basically an RNA model. It's shown up on Suresh's computer, on Niki's tattoo, in the swimming pool that Parkman was standing near, on Claire's textbook, on a necklace worn by the Unnamed Man, and on the wall at Sylar's place. It's presumably a symbol for the entire operation that could've triggered the heroes' mutations, a brand that connects them back to the same source, like cattle.

After all, Mohinder remarked that his father had repeatedly spoken about finding "Subject Zero". If that's not indicative of a top secret program, I don't know what is.

Hiro: Hiro is just comedy relief, really. Yeah he's got an awesome power, but he's the icebreaker. No revelations about Hiro other than that they couldn't have found a better actor to portray him. Masi Oka is an improv comedian and has worked with the biggest improv troupes in North America, including Second City and The Groundlings. Plus, he really is fluent in both Japanese and English. Couldn't ask for anyone better than that.

Most amazing jew boots
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 01:40 AM #170 of 826
You know, I had a thought or two here. It's not a fully-formed conclusion, but still opens up an idea for debate.

Sylar:
Spoiler:
Why can't (one of) his ability(-ies) be shapechanging/doppleganger? For all we know, he could very well BE Eden, The Unnamed Man, and/or that sort-of Ron-Howard looking fellow that nearly killed the FBI lady then flew away after getting shot. I'm surprised I haven't seen that suggestion pop up already in here - I mean, it's a show about superheroes. Why can't Sylar be Mystique in addition to whatever other power(s) he has? We've already got Kitty Pryde and Wolverine sans claws.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 01:48 AM #171 of 826
Originally Posted by Admiral Amara
You know, I had a thought or two here. It's not a fully-formed conclusion, but still opens up an idea for debate.

Sylar:
Spoiler:
Why can't (one of) his ability(-ies) be shapechanging/doppleganger? For all we know, he could very well BE Eden, The Unnamed Man, and/or that sort-of Ron-Howard looking fellow that nearly killed the FBI lady then flew away after getting shot. I'm surprised I haven't seen that suggestion pop up already in here - I mean, it's a show about superheroes. Why can't Sylar be Mystique in addition to whatever other power(s) he has? We've already got Kitty Pryde and Wolverine sans claws.
I think that from here on out we should refer to Sylar as Ron Howard until proven wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 01:48 AM #172 of 826
Well, that's who I immediately thought of when I saw him during that scene! I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who, while watching that scene, thought "holy crap, is that Ron Howard?".

How ya doing, buddy?
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 01:55 AM #173 of 826
Originally Posted by Admiral Amara

Sylar:
Spoiler:
I did bring this up.

Originally Posted by Crash
Alternatively, Eden is, in fact, Sylar and possesses some sort of shapeshifting power, a la Mystique. Given that Kring has pretty much "borrowed" other mutant abilities from the X-Men series, it's not that far a stretch to think shapeshifting couldn't appear here as well. Kring has all but admitted that Sylar has numerous skills.

Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 02:00 AM #174 of 826
D'oh! I'm a dope. I was really surprised that you hadn't thought of it (you know, being you), but now it all makes sense. So I'm gonna shut up a bit.

Except for the part where he looks kinda like Ron Howard. Especially with the hat and beard and moderate build - he looks just like I remember him looking from his interviews circa Arrested Development and The DaVinci Code.

Most amazing jew boots
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 10:05 PM #175 of 826
Spoiler:
The last possibility is that Eden is actually an agent of Mr. Bennet's and had been keeping tabs on Mohinder's father. When Mr. Suresh was killed and Bennet ran into Mohinder, Eden may have had her duties continued. This could also place the mysterious gun into Mr. Bennet's hands.
Congrats on being right!

Spoiler:
Personally, I was a little surprised to see that Eden is working with Mr. Bennet. It didn't come as too much of a surprise because I always thought Eden's presence was a little fishy, but there was still a small element of surprise nonetheless.

Tonight's episode didn't really have as many jaw-dropping events as last week's episode, I thought, but it was still good nonetheless. The preview for next week's episode looks like it'll start to finally bring things together, which I definitely can't wait for.

Spoiler:
There's no way Claire's brother is going to keep her secret. And when is Micah going to do something more than stand there and spout out a few lines?

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes