Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:12 AM #1 of 608
I'm glad this video was in poor quality. Seeing it on the big screen will probably be just as, if not more, exciting this way. I really enjoyed the clip and it was nice to see...

Spoiler:
Pyramid Head takin' bitches names. The way he grabbed that woman looked really painful.

With each interview, media blurb and release of footage, my faith in this movie increases. I like to go into things with low expectations, but Gans and his team's really making it tough.

Most amazing jew boots
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 07:29 PM #2 of 608
Why does everybody think Pyramid Head's wearing a mask?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 11:55 AM #3 of 608
http://www.obelus.com/SH/SH-Trailer.mpg

TV trailer. Supposedly airing now on ... uh...television.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 02:28 PM #4 of 608
In Soviet Russia, Pyramid Head likes you.

Most amazing jew boots
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:23 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 12:23 PM #5 of 608
Rebirth makes more sense within the context of the story. Also, she may not even be done speaking. You know how evil deities always like giving themselves different titles.

"I AM THE WICKED.
I AM THE REAPER.
I AM THE REBIRTH!"

or some shit.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 08:13 PM #6 of 608
I can guarantee that I'd have plenty of difficulty moving around in my pants, being that they'd be plenty marinated in a generous blend of urine and fecal matter. That said, I can't say I'd be much help to my kid. I'd honestly try to keep my cool, if only to keep Emmanuel Jr. from freaking out.

Now if I were alone, that'd be a different story. It all really depends on what kind of freaky stuff I'd be seeing, and whether or not I had the means necessary to defend myself. A steel pipe and a single hand gun wouldn't do it for me, but if I had an AK, some grenades, and a brick my confidence would more than likely swell.

Ideally.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:00 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 09:00 PM #7 of 608
I've found bricks far more intimidating than long, slender pieces of polished steel.

FELIPE NO
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 11:49 AM #8 of 608
Rose's daughter says that she has many names in the scene from the second trailer (the TV spot). So, like some of you have said before, there's a possibility that she might include "rebirth" or some shit.

I'm glad to see that the monsters still retain their "jerky/spastic" animations. The more I see of this movie the higher my expectations rise, which is kind if depressing. I like going into most everything with abysmally low expectations, so as to be better surprised.

Thanks for the link, Simo!

Most amazing jew boots
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:39 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 10:39 AM #9 of 608
The Blockbuster I worked at had a copy of Jacob's Ladder to rent. I recall recommending it to a few older customers (and once a teenaged punk rock couple who wanted something kind of different). I was surprised that every single one of them came back very pleased with the movie. Some even told me they would never have rented the movie otherwise.

But yeah, Amanda's right. Blockbuster wouldn't carry the movie for purchase. In fact, most wouldn't carry it for rental purposes either. It's not a very popular movie, and for that reason Blockbuster would sooner remove it to make room for a more popular title.

Mobius One, diggin' the SH gifs. Also glad to see a gif from Jacob's Ladder. You wouldn't happen to have one of the creep in the car near the beginning?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:30 PM #10 of 608
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
I liked DOOM, effective and fun.
The only thing Doom had going for it was The Rock. Fortunately he delivered with the line "SEMPER FI MOTHER ... FUCKER."

Other than that, and this is coming from a guy who loves a good bad movie, there wasn't much else Doom had to offer. My friends and I were left feeling like we'd wasted a good hour and a half of our day off.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:38 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 09:38 PM #11 of 608
That scene felt so unnatural to me. It was definitely interesting and actually kind of cool (the generic but somehow fun metal blasting in the background probably helped), but I don't know. It felt like good sex, but with a hamster.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:54 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2006, 04:54 PM #12 of 608
Just watched this clip. I'm looking forward to this movie all the more, especially with the "school" music playing at the end.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:37 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 03:37 PM #13 of 608
Originally Posted by Megalith
So I heard that Sean Bean is going to star in the Silent Hill sequel in order to find his wife and child, and his fight scene with Pyramid Head will be choreographed by Yuen Wo-ping.
I found a movie poster for this earlier. Looks pretty realistic to me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 07:21 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 04:21 PM #14 of 608
Here's a quote I found on IGN regarding the sequel to Silent Hill, from Christophe Gans himself:

Originally Posted by IGN
"It's difficult to say now, because I am right in the process. It's difficult for me to say it will be absolutely like the game (Silent Hill 2). I hope it's going to be as scary… I'm doing everything for that. At the same, it difficult because we know that the game is not only great imagery, it's also the sound. The sound is amazing in the game. And the music…spectaculariffic."

Gans went on to ensure some continunity between the two films: "Sean Bean's character will visit Silent Hill once more and, as some fans have suspected, will play the role of James from Silent Hill 2. As you can see from this movie poster (an early draft), we've taken liberties with James' attire and weaponry. He's prepared for whatever Silent Hill may present. Avary submitted a rough draft of the sequel's script last week and we're currently throwing a bunch of ideas around. We definitely want more of the Red Pyramid, but there's also the possibility of overdoing it a bit. You know, pleasing the fans and ourselves with a certain character can kill what made him cool in the first place."

Most amazing jew boots
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 10:00 PM #15 of 608
Was that him in Returner? He did a pretty bad job, but I felt the female lead was even worse. The movie had some nice fight scenes though. Not great, but interesting.

FELIPE NO
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:05 PM #16 of 608
Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
At retrospect and since you guys mention it, I was easily the rudest motherfucker ever. I had too high expectations of the movie. I expected believable acting, a coherent plot, and the kind of fear and anxiety one feels while turning into a dark and ominious corner of the Silent Hill games. The movie failed to deliver on all parts, as the monsters were more humorous then frightening, the dialogue inexcusably bad and therefore hilarious, and it loved detracting from moments where I was just about gaining interested by switching to the scenes with the husband. The husband scenes were necessary, but they could have been placed better in the film. Also, were the gyrating nurses really necessary? Was that really meant to frighten anyone? Was that a joke? Because I definitely interpreted it that way. Big-breasted, undead nurses with short skirts that starts moving when a light is shone and freezes when the light is turned off is NOT SCARY. A dead fucker named Colin with outstanding abilities in postmortem yoga is NOT SCARY. There were too many random elements mashed together and it left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. The movie was basically a message against religious fanaticism fortified by the use of sadistic torture fueled by personal vengeance. What the fuck is that? So yes, hate me, I laughed throughout the entire film while everyone else was quiet and "scared".
Originally Posted by Club YOU SUCK
Get recruited.
Looks like your invitation got accepted! Enjoy your AIDS.

What exactly do you consider scary, though? It's different for everybody, but keep in mind that this is a Silent Hill film adaptation. Most of the "frights" are inspired by the games themselves. Have you even bothered to pick one up and play it?

If you want a movie where a guy slashes people to death (omgawd scary), then this clearly wasn't the movie for you.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie