Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:46 PM #1 of 608
Originally Posted by dagget
Holy shit. WHAT THE FUCK. Uh yeah. Rated R.
Holy Shit indeed. I guess that would explain what this is all about. Actually, I'm in the process of making a 2x3 foot painting of that very image. From the sounds of it, this is going to be very good. April 21st couldn't come soon enough.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:34 PM #2 of 608
Originally Posted by Legato
Christ, that is pretty fucking disturbing.

I hope they give adequate purpose to Pyramid Head's action (punishment, like it was in Silent Hill 2) and don't just make him a baddy for the sake of being bad. I want him to do brutal things for a reason! Even if his punishment is more violent than one would think the sin warrants.
http://translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg84-85.jpg

Lil' bit of SH3 spoilers. If you read this (and have played all the games), according to the creators, Pyramid Head is Vatiel himself, which makes sense after you read it. This would make putting PH into the movie closer to canon, instead of "oh, he's cool, let's include him".

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:57 PM #3 of 608
I think the idea of having James under the pyramid head would be intriguing, but not in the context of the SH1 story, with the chronology and all, it wouldn't make any sense. (SH2 occuring awhile after 1)

I'd like to see a straight up Silent Hill 2 movie version. When I saw Saw (no pun intended), I thought Cary Elwes looked AND sounded exactly like James. Philip Seymour Hoffman would be good as Eddie. The story does well just to stand alone, so I think it would make a good film. It'd be interesting if they actually made some more SH films that took place perhaps in the past, civil war era, that actually stands as canon to the series (like the Halo novels).

Because they're incorporation Pyramid Head, I wonder if they're going to try to incorporate Vatiel as well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:35 PM #4 of 608
Originally Posted by Emmanuel Lewis
Why does everybody think Pyramid Head's wearing a mask?
In a literal sense, it IS a mask, as he is based upon the real life executioners from ancient Silent Hill. But what's behind the helmet means absolutely nothing, especially in the context of SH1 (as opposed to SH2, where he's a figment of James' personality. I could see it being James' face in SH2, but it's inconsequential either way)

Besides, it's not as if Rose and Cybil are going to tie Pyramid Head up, demask him, find out it's "crazy old Ernest", and have him tell them how he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling women.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:14 PM #5 of 608
A new video clip was released on AOL, here on youtube. I was informed that perhaps the men in the gasmaks were miners, due to the canary cage".

I was speaking idiomatically.
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 03:13 PM #6 of 608
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3149982

It seems Gans is about to do Onimusha as well.

There's no need for me to really restate what everyone has said about each meticulous flaw and merit the movie had. I thought it was an awesome movie, at the very least visually. If anything, I felt it suffered the most with pacing issues, and Avary's script. If there is or isn't a longer director's cut, that could resolve some pacing issues (as I heard a rumor [also on IGN] that the orginal cut was 3 and a half hours). Most of the reviews that cited the length of the movie as a con were irritating, as I don't really see most phenomenal movies falling underneath two hours. And if the average is ninety minutes, then it's only a half hour more to, at the very least, soak up more astounding visuals. Gans directed excellently in my view.

Needed more monsters, etc, copypasta.

On a slight tangent, on the way home, my friend's brother's girlfriend called him, and he said he'd take her to see it if she didn't mind gory movies. She said, she didn't, and that the only movie she couldn't watch was the fly, to which I replied "It's probably because of Jeff Goldblum" ::everybody laughs::

My friend told me as well that Gans favored SH2 the most, and I'd like to think he made this one as almost a test run for the visuals for 2, and to explain, or at least infer, a bit about the town. I would also prefer for Gans to personally write the script, and have someone else edit it.

If you had to cast the characters for a SH2 movie (assuming it was disconnected), who would you cast? Ever since I saw Saw, I thought Cary Elwes looked and sounded just like James (I imagined him calling out to Mary as I saw it), and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Eddie.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie