Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Naruto
Closed Thread

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 05:12 PM #351 of 814
it does get a little boring when Jiraiya trains Naruto the first time.. But the rest is good. Just dont watch the fillers. Only this week's filler episode is good for those shino fans that always wanted him to smile or some shit lol

FELIPE NO
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 07:25 PM #352 of 814
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
Naruto has really gone downhill in my book, a lot of the fans I knew off stopped watching after the zabuza arc. I guess it was the animation quality and story, so then the animation started to dwindle, but now the stories themselves are boring as hell (save a couple of funny moments)

I dunno if I can keep watching this series
Spoiler:
Actually I think that the fight between Rock Lee and Gaara is where the anime crested in quality. The way they present the impact of the fight and the animation style really grabs me. Watching Gai actually cry over discovering Rock Lee's inablity to continue being a shinobi because of his injuries (which Tsunade cures much later on), has much more impact than most of the other scenes in the series.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 10:31 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 05:31 PM #353 of 814
Well you may be right there Kaiten, actually I agree with you with the animation quality, but the story became almost too dragonballish, which is what all my friends hate for some reason.

You know the whole bad guy gets stronger and the good guy powers up and so on.

Actually I think a lot of anime fans don't like that kind of scenerio.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:00 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 08:00 PM #354 of 814
Well you may be right there Kaiten, actually I agree with you with the animation quality, but the story became almost too dragonballish, which is what all my friends hate for some reason.

You know the whole bad guy gets stronger and the good guy powers up and so on.

Actually I think a lot of anime fans don't like that kind of scenerio.
That's a common complaint I hear about Naruto as well. I've seen fans of the Bleach anime who seemed to be bothered by the main character's constant power-ups.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
mackun
Green Horn !

Member 2452

Level 8.89

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 12:04 PM #355 of 814
Originally Posted by Rydia
That's a common complaint I hear about Naruto as well. I've seen fans of the Bleach anime who seemed to be bothered by the main character's constant power-ups.

bleach is "evolving" into naruto wannabe ..
and thats sad .. .. ...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Around 7 out of 10 people wasted 8 seconds of their life reading this.
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 07:27 PM #356 of 814
I kinda makes you wonder if any fighting anime that has been a seasonal thing (not just 20 something episodes) has been able to be successful without going the dragonball route. I can't think of any at the moment.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:55 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:55 PM #357 of 814
I think you're forgetting that this is A SHONEN ANIME. Not only is Kishimoto a huge Dragonball fan, the series is simply stuck in the shonen genre. That's what it is. Bleach happens to be a shonen anime/manga as well.

Because of the genre, it's very easy to tell how characters will grow and where a plot may go. Dragonball and it's sequels practically made the genre and it's cliches. Fortunately some shonen manga manage to break out of it's mold and do something refreshing or unexpected.

When watching Naruto, you kind of have to keep this in mind. If you don't, the show and the manga will suck for more than poor storytelling or animation in recent chapters/episodes. The series is definitely in a slump now, but I wouldn't say that it's going to last for long.

Hopefully.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaphwan 86
Punt-a-bitch

Member 365

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 04:51 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 11:51 AM #358 of 814
Also, the first two seasons were excellent. If you and your friends stopped watching during them, then you might as well avoid any other Shonen series.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 05:27 AM #359 of 814
I kinda makes you wonder if any fighting anime that has been a seasonal thing (not just 20 something episodes) has been able to be successful without going the dragonball route. I can't think of any at the moment.

Yu Yu Hakusho had about 112 episodes. None of them really failed though the last arc was a little rushed, I didn't mind it one bit. Thats another shounen jump series you should look into. Everyone may get a power up but at least they dont actually get it out of "Anger" Or find out that they have some hidden power.

Originally Posted by kurado
Not only is Kishimoto a huge Dragonball fan, the series is simply stuck in the shonen genre. That's what it is.
That and Naruto clothes resembling Goku's orange and blue karate gi. Along with the super saiyan hair color >=].

Chapter 308

Spoiler:
I was RIGHT. He does have the Kusanagi Sword. His is only special and to see Sasuke beat up the whole freakin team is beyond me. Im pretty sure Yamato is alright but to see all of them knocked out, Chidori flowing around his body,sword, and showing up before the kyubit with naruto is a fucking shocker. Kyuubit knows something! But i doubt sasuke is that damn powerful to beat Kyuubit alone. What is more interesting is when or how will he fight against Itachi. Itachi was probably training as well.

THIS should be the chapter we were all waiting for. Finally..

FELIPE NO

Last edited by chato; May 25, 2006 at 06:05 AM.
Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:54 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:54 AM #360 of 814
308:
Yeah finally a good chapter. The little action they showed was good even though we all knew Sasuke was gonna overpower everyone. You really think Sasuke would fight kyubbi? I don't think anything is gonna happen.

Box Lunch
kekekeke

Member 2110

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 05:53 PM #361 of 814
Talking ch.308

woot~Naruto's back on track...finally
Spoiler:
I wonder what Kyuubi knows about Sasuke/The Uchiha clan. Heh, if Sasuke fights Kyuubi, he's gonna get eaten in a second. Not even the 4th Hokage could defeat it, and from what I've seen in the manga, he's stronger than pretty much evey shinobi so far.

o_O
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 08:52 PM #362 of 814
Originally Posted by Casaubon
308:
Yeah finally a good chapter. The little action they showed was good even though we all knew Sasuke was gonna overpower everyone. You really think Sasuke would fight kyubbi? I don't think anything is gonna happen.

Spoiler:
There was always that saying "Anything can happen" so you never know. But its not like Sasuke was hesitating not even for a minute. Kyuubit , on the other hand, seemed a little surprised. What Im curious about is how the hell he got in there.

Last edited by chato; May 25, 2006 at 08:55 PM.
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:09 PM #363 of 814
Spoiler:
I was bored, so I decided to look up some information about the 2nd part of Naruto. I just read that everyone got promoted, one way or another, and that doesn't include Naruto. (Sasuke and Shikamaru don't could, >_>) I feel sorry for the kid..somewhat.

Anyway, another "silly" filler. Who knew that Shino could laugh? Who knew that he actually knew how to laugh?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BluencoolX
Still bluencool

Member 3021

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 05:26 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 06:26 PM #364 of 814
The manga is getting interesting with Sasuke's return... I will like to see how Naruto gets Sasuke to 'see the light'. While I know it will not happen anytime soon, I think it will be inevitable.

Meanwhile, I shall wait for the 2nd Sasuke VS Itachi duel which should probably come earlier.

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 05:36 AM #365 of 814
Chapter 308

Spoiler:
I think Sasuke went in there for a reason. IF he got the mangekyou sharingan, he can probably torture Naruto with his fucked up past and make him passout.. If not, then he'll just end up fighting him head on or something.

An Itachi vs Sasuke fight should be coming up soon. It'd be funny if Itachi doesn't react all surprised with all the power Sasuke has lol.

He'll deflect anything with his hand, just like Chidori.

Last edited by chato; May 26, 2006 at 05:38 AM.
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 07:34 PM #366 of 814
Spoiler:
Getting interesting. Sasuke able to visualize what Naruto is visualizing? [The thing inside of him] Getting interesting.

So far I can't really make any comment expect saying it is just getting interesting.

Most amazing jew boots
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 08:27 AM #367 of 814
Originally Posted by Taegueki
Spoiler:
Getting interesting. Sasuke able to visualize what Naruto is visualizing? [The thing inside of him] Getting interesting.

So far I can't really make any comment expect saying it is just getting interesting.

Spoiler:
Sure you can. It's chapters like this that would make any true fan think of a thousand theories of what's to come next week. I expect Itachi vs Sasuke coming up, the other wants to see if Sasuke will be fighting kyuubit.Will Orochimaru attack again? Seeing that he hasn't done shit to assist, we already know that Orochimaru won't do much but probably ask "sasuke-kun" to help him out destroy konoha. Another theory i can think of is the Akatsuki showing up XD.

FELIPE NO
Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 03:47 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 01:47 PM #368 of 814
Spoiler:
Since we'ere thinking of crackpot theories Kyubbi ain't gonna like Naruto anymore so hes gonna go into Sasuke. Sasuke will accept and he'll kill Oro and dissapear for 80 chapters again.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 04:13 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 10:13 PM #369 of 814
Spoiler:
Since we'ere thinking of crackpot theories Kyubbi ain't gonna like Naruto anymore so hes gonna go into Sasuke. Sasuke will accept and he'll kill Oro and dissapear for 80 chapters again.
Spoiler:
1) You really think that Kyuubi has the power to leave Naruto? Y halo thar, seal.
2) Without the seal, Naruto wouldn't be able to control Kyuubi. Sasuke would be toast if Kyuubi somehow entered his body without there being an appropriate seal in place.

Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 02:56 PM #370 of 814
Spoiler:
I guess you don't really know what a joke is. Or what crackpot means. It's okay, you'll learn someday

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:03 PM #371 of 814
*Tony Soprano chant* OH.

Easy, Casaubon. Its not like he was attacking you. ^^;

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 11:07 PM #372 of 814
Spoiler:
I guess you don't really know what a joke is. Or what crackpot means. It's okay, you'll learn someday
Spoiler:
Hey, can we relax a little here? I wasn't all like "ur theory sux, and u sux for thinking of it. Even though you said it was a crackpot theory, I was just pointing out that the natural consequence of that happening would be that Kyuubi would manifest himself through Sasuke without restraint. That's actually a moderately interesting concept, since my spider-sense tells me that's going to be how the endgame might play out anyway. I've been assuming all along that eventually Naruto will lose control over Kyuubi, in some way or another. What I didn't think of, until you posted, was that Kyuubi might not always be in Naruto. I doubt Kyuubi himsel has the power to leave Naruto's body, but maybe some outside force could cause a transfer.

You mistook a discussion post for an attack. I take responsibility for that, since it was my post. Read the spoiler, and then you'll see what I was going for.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Soluzar; May 28, 2006 at 05:13 PM.
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:20 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 08:20 PM #373 of 814
I've been a long time without watching Naruto because of those annoying fillers. If they were at least watchable but most of them are a pain in the ass.

I've heard a rumor that these fillers have an exact number before the series comes back to being good again. Anyone knows (if this is slightly true) when will these fillers end so we get back to the main plot of the anime ?

In a discussion thread before about fillers asking if we were in favor or against it, I said I was in favor, but after watching about 30 fillers I belive there were at most 5 I liked. Now I'm in favor of giving the anime a break, they could put a few fillers between sagas but this many in a row is more than I can take.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:23 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 11:23 PM #374 of 814
Originally Posted by Yuna
I've been a long time without watching Naruto because of those annoying fillers. If they were at least watchable but most of them are a pain in the ass.

I've heard a rumor that these fillers have an exact number before the series comes back to being good again. Anyone knows (if this is slightly true) when will these fillers end so we get back to the main plot of the anime ?
It was originally scheduled to be 26 episodes of filler. The fillers have since been extended beyond that point, and there is no definite end in sight. The next three or four episodes have been announced, and they are indeed fillers, with no sign of "Kakashi Gaiden" or anything else regarding "part two" of the story arc.

Quote:
In a discussion thread before about fillers asking if we were in favor or against it, I said I was in favor, but after watching about 30 fillers I belive there were at most 5 I liked. Now I'm in favor of giving the anime a break, they could put a few fillers between sagas but this many in a row is more than I can take.
Quite. I don't watch the anime anymore. The manga is filling that particular void in my entertainment needs.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:31 PM #375 of 814
It'd be so much easier if they had told everyone that the filler would start Fall 2k5 til the Fall 2k6 instead of bullshitting us like that. The Manga does make up for it at least. If anything, we'll probably get it in the summer if not the summer then like i said, Fall 2k6 lol.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Naruto