Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

One Track Obsessions

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:35 AM #1 of 9
One Track Obsessions

Do you have any bands where you just absolutely LOVE one or two of their tracks, but just really don't care much for their other works?

My example is Muse. I absolutely LOVE the song Apocalypse Please. I don't hate their other stuff, but it really isn't anything I like =/.
I could probably think of some others given time, but this is the example that first comes to mind .

What about you?

Most amazing jew boots

FGSFDS!!!
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:28 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 09:28 AM #2 of 9
My brother is really into Avenged Sevenfold. There are one or two songs of theirs that I like (Streets, Beast and the Harlot), but most of the rest is too teen-screamy-rock for my tastes.

Similar case with Within Temptation. There are a couple of their songs that I'm quite fond of but the combination of their over-the-top tragic/romantic style (I prefer darker stuff) and the artificial emphasis on Sharon's voice (which to me stands out way too clearly over the rest of the music-sign that it's been edited post-recording) gets to me after a while.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:32 AM #3 of 9
I was never too keen with Rob Zombie's stuff.
I like a few of his songs, like the obligatory "More Human Than Human", but a lot of his music just falls flat in my mind. Especially with his new album, Educated Horses, I can't find too much to like. But when I do hear a song of his that I like, I really enjoy it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:08 PM #4 of 9
Originally Posted by Matt
I was never too keen with Rob Zombie's stuff.
I like a few of his songs, like the obligatory "More Human Than Human", but a lot of his music just falls flat in my mind. Especially with his new album, Educated Horses, I can't find too much to like. But when I do hear a song of his that I like, I really enjoy it.
Same here.

I liked Dragula but that was it. I heard that song on the Matrix and I thought "Wow, this is pretty sweet." but then I listened to some of his other stuff, and I really didn't like it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

FGSFDS!!!
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:22 PM #5 of 9
The Police - Every Little Thing She Does is Magic.

Catchy melody, and I like that particular song quite a bit. But I really can't stand most of their other songs.

How ya doing, buddy?
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:07 PM #6 of 9
Hmm, not even Message in a Bottle, Every Breath You Take, or Don't Stand So Close to Me?

It might also be because I don't see you as the type to enjoy Reggae/Ska, which a lot of their music is heavily inspired by.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Posting without content since 2002.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:16 PM #7 of 9
I adore "Clocks" by Coldplay, mostly for the piano and rhythm rather than the banal lyrics. Everything else I've ever heard from the group gets at most a resounding "meh." "Clocks" doesn't sound like an average spoiled-brat pop tune, but the rest of the Coldplay catalog sure does.

One wonders what they were smoking at the time, or who orchestrated the piano part for them.

FELIPE NO
Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:27 PM #8 of 9
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
Hmm, not even Message in a Bottle, Every Breath You Take, or Don't Stand So Close to Me?

It might also be because I don't see you as the type to enjoy Reggae/Ska, which a lot of their music is heavily inspired by.
That's my favorite song from them. I have their entire catalogue on my HD, but I only listen to that one song. I thought I'd enjoy their sound, but it never cought-on to me. Now I can't get to deleting all those files, lol.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 09:34 PM #9 of 9
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
It might also be because I don't see you as the type to enjoy Reggae, which all of their music is poorly and shamelessly imitating.
Fixed.

The song I choose is Alice's Restaraunt Masacree by Arlo Guthrie. It's a classic, but none of his other stuff has ever really caught my attention.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > One Track Obsessions