Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Guns Guns Guns
Rifles? 10 20.00%
Shotguns? 2 4.00%
Pistols? 12 24.00%
One or more of the above! 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Firearms

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:02 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 05:02 PM #26 of 211
Originally Posted by andkeener
What makes you think that same crazy ass robber wouldn't use your own gun on you? Or just shoot you before you had the chance to get to your gun? I'm just guessing that you don't walk around your house with your pistol loaded and in your back pocket.

Because I'd shoot before asking questions and all I would have to say is this, "I was afraid for the life of me and my family." That way, even if he's unarmed, I was still defending my life and the life of my family. So the robber would loose a knee cap in hte process. I doubt he'd rob anther house again.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:03 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:03 PM #27 of 211
Originally Posted by Gumby
If you want a fully automatic weapon why not go with a submachine gun which is designed for that sort of abuse?
Because they're sligthly heavier and harder to conceal? I prefer pistols, besides imagine the look on the guy's face when you start firing a fully-automatic pistol. Element of surprise, uknowhwatimsayin.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:05 PM #28 of 211
Originally Posted by Killy
So you're saying a high-quality pistol such as a Glock would jam? Right. I've heard that Colt pistols chambered with .45 cal are prone to jamming, though I'm not sure if this is correct.

I hear there's a fully-automatic version of a CZ-75 as well, I think it was called CZ-75D or something, anybody know if it's as reliable as it's semi-auto counterpart?
I second the CZs. They are extremely well built and reliable. Not completely sure about the details of a semi-auto.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
[/RIGHT]
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 05:06 PM #29 of 211
In the USA, only semi-automatic or below is allowed for a civillian. The rest are for the cops and the army.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:10 AM #30 of 211
Originally Posted by Zio
In the USA, only semi-automatic or below is allowed for a civillian. The rest are for the cops and the army.
Not true, you can own fully automatic firearms. You just have to jump through more hoops. My grandfather owns an old fully automatic .45 cal Thompson 1927. The assault rifle ban only applies to machine guns made after 1989.

Double Post:
Because they're sligthly heavier and harder to conceal? I prefer pistols, besides imagine the look on the guy's face when you start firing a fully-automatic pistol. Element of surprise, uknowhwatimsayin.
Auto 9mm glock = heavy recoil/awful accuracy... That is like firing a MP5 with out the weight and length of the weapon to help control the recoil.

I don't know about the laws where you live but here you can't get a concealed handgun permit for full auto pistols :/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice

Last edited by Gumby; Mar 21, 2006 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:30 PM #31 of 211
Quote:
Auto 9mm glock = heavy recoil/awful accuracy... That is like firing a MP5 with out the weight and length of the weapon to help control the recoil.
True that, but the Glock 18C is designed to be used as a backup weapon I reckon, whereas the MP5 could be used in a handful of different situations. I think it's a little extreme to compare them, but as I said - the Glock 18C was never meant to be your fully-automatic-handcarried-sniper-rifle.
Just spray and pray.

The MP5 however, is more or less an assault weapon. Also, depending on the model, the MP5 can barrage the target with about 700-800RPM. The Glock 18C however, has a cyclic rate of fire of 1100 to 1300 RPM, depending on the ammunition. So technically, removing the weight from the MP5 would still be incomparable to firing a Glock 18C.

Also, any C designated model from Glock is compensated, the barrel and slide both being ported as to decrease the recoil.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:33 PM #32 of 211
I have a 6 bullet revolver from the 1970's with bullets so old there's a decent chance they would detonate if I tried to fire them. Not only that, but the key to the box it's kept in is on a whole other floor of the house so if I ever wanted to use it against a burglar I might as well smash it against the concrete floor a few times. Such great protection, eh?

I wouldn't want to use a gun if someone broke in here anyway. Chances are the burglar has more experience with it anyway, so I might as well stick to sharp/heavy objects.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:35 PM #33 of 211
Doesn't help that automatics are illegal to own either, well, where I live.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

oh my gawddd
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:41 PM #34 of 211
Originally Posted by Jan
HAHA. No one's got any love love for a good ol' shotgun.
They can be slick looking to ya know!

Also, I know the guy who owns this thing.

That bottom one must kick like a bitch, what gauge is it? If its something usual for like tactial/human shooting its usually a 12 gauge, that would be a wrist breaker.

Yes I own a rifle, pistol and shotgun, they arent mine though, families but I do know a little about them just not the makers.

Rifles:
Standard .22 - Dont know the maker
SKS - Russian made assault ridle

Pistols:
.45 Smith and Wesson
.357 magnum
.44 magnum

Shotguns:
20 gauge
12 gauge
12 gauge over-under

If I could have anything, if I could hold onto it probably a Desert Eagle, or an M14, that would be sick. Or Id love a suppressed MP5 by HecklerKoch....that would be creamworthy. I would love to go squirrel hunting with it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:46 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:46 AM #35 of 211
It fires similar ammunition faster... That means more recoil. Personally speaking if I wanted something like that a Micro Uzi would be more fitting.

In a situation where I have to shoot at someone I want to kill them (preferably in one hit), not spray the whole neighborhood up with bullets. I'd love to have on of Mag Magnum Research's .44 mag or .50 Desert Eagle.

I can see the cool factor in something like that but cool will only take you so far and isn't the cool factor that will keep you alive in a life and death situation.

Jiraiya: SKS are neat and cheap too but for about 300 more USD you can get a semi auto AK47 which is a modern assault rifle.

Most amazing jew boots

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
GarretThe Thief
The TS master

Member 192

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:52 PM #36 of 211
For Me a FN P90 / Belgien has the cake without question. slick, fast firing and easy to handle.

and this is what i want my next one to look like

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:53 PM #37 of 211
By the way, you must meet force with equal force. If you shot an unarmed robber, he can sue you. I don't agree with it, but that is how the law is written.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 02:55 PM #38 of 211
Honestly, if the situation came up where I had to fire a gun at someone, I don't think I'll be able to do it. Either that, I'll botch up and somehow end up hitting someone else unintentionally.

But I've always had a fascinations with AKs. My friend in Iraq says he picked up quite a few AK clips while on patrol. Too bad he can't bring any back to the States.

andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 04:03 PM #39 of 211
Originally Posted by Zio
Because I'd shoot before asking questions and all I would have to say is this, "I was afraid for the life of me and my family." That way, even if he's unarmed, I was still defending my life and the life of my family. So the robber would loose a knee cap in hte process. I doubt he'd rob anther house again.

So you are the guy that walks around his house/family with a loaded gun in his back pocket and shoots anything that moves. People like you and stereotypical hicks are why people from other countries hate the US. Good job.

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:09 PM #40 of 211
We all have the right to bear arms! I mean, these lumps of flesh hanging down from my shoulders can be quite a burden sometimes.

Seriously, though, I would have to say that the U.S. Constitution doesn't really allow for individual people to own guns. That being said, I feel that it should be perfectly okay for citizens to own guns. Admittedly, there would be less crime without them, but some people feel safer knowing they have a gun that, in a time of need, can allow them to defend themselves. I do not own a gun, simply because I have no need for one (and maybe because my parents wouldn't allow it). If there ever came a time where I did find it necessary, I'd get one. It's that simple.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 01:25 AM #41 of 211
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
We all have the right to bear arms! I mean, these lumps of flesh hanging down from my shoulders can be quite a burden sometimes.

Seriously, though, I would have to say that the U.S. Constitution doesn't really allow for individual people to own guns. That being said, I feel that it should be perfectly okay for citizens to own guns. Admittedly, there would be less crime without them, but some people feel safer knowing they have a gun that, in a time of need, can allow them to defend themselves. I do not own a gun, simply because I have no need for one (and maybe because my parents wouldn't allow it). If there ever came a time where I did find it necessary, I'd get one. It's that simple.
You've got to be kidding me. So what happens when the other guy is armed? Are your arms going to protect you from a bullet? Are you the man of steel?

Citizen owner ship reduces crime, simply put; none of this bullshit I so often hear of leaving it to the professions. Don’t you ever wonder why people don’t rob homes in Texas?

NVM there is no fucking point in arguing if you have these absolutely baseless and stupid preconceived ideas...

BTW if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need a firearm you can’t just go get one. Make sure to tell the criminal to hold on while you go to the store and buy a gun. Good luck with three day waiting period!

Back to the topic!
So Mr. Acro-nym if you ever found yourself in a situation needing a pistol and convinced the stupid criminal to let you go buy one, what would be your first choice?

andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 04:38 PM #42 of 211
Don’t you ever wonder why people don’t rob homes in Texas?
I'm guessing it's because people who lives in Texas are just as crazy as you are and they think they NEED a gun to be safe/cool/whatever. You act like just because of the fact that you have a gun means you wont get shot. You are your own reason on why people can't be trusted it's ridiculous.

Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:41 PM #43 of 211
Originally Posted by GarretThe Thief
For Me a FN P90 / Belgien has the cake without question. slick, fast firing and easy to handle.

and this is what i want my next one to look like
Say your enemy is a distance away, your fucked. And plus I dont like how they look, I really think they look like toys :P If the picture is correct, 5.7 caliber, thats pretty small. I think if your enemy had body armor too you'd be screwed unless you just sprayed and hoped to god you hit him in the face or legs.

Jiraiya: SKS are neat and cheap too but for about 300 more USD you can get a semi auto AK47 which is a modern assault rifle.
Yes the SKS is a good gun, fun to fire. A personal friend of mine has an AK-47, full auto and he usually shoots hollow points with it. I personally think AK's are peices of shit, they are poorly designed in some aspects; terribly innacurate and while they are hard to break like if you watch the barrel on full auto it like shakes and rattles off the stock so to say. Still, its fun to shoot at stuff. Plus, AK is illegal in my state, SKS isnt

How ya doing, buddy?
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:48 PM #44 of 211
Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
By the way, you must meet force with equal force. If you shot an unarmed robber, he can sue you.
Then I sure as hell better aim my shot correctly and kill the mother fucker.

Most amazing jew boots
[/RIGHT]
Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:49 PM #45 of 211
Nah..weapons are tools for the weak.
If you can't break a tank into pieces by kickpunching it, it means you still need training!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:50 PM #46 of 211
Uh... yeah. GTFO.

[/RIGHT]
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:53 PM #47 of 211
You've got to be kidding me. So what happens when the other guy is armed? Are your arms going to protect you from a bullet? Are you the man of steel?

Citizen owner ship reduces crime, simply put; none of this bullshit I so often hear of leaving it to the professions. Don’t you ever wonder why people don’t rob homes in Texas?

NVM there is no fucking point in arguing if you have these absolutely baseless and stupid preconceived ideas...

BTW if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need a firearm you can’t just go get one. Make sure to tell the criminal to hold on while you go to the store and buy a gun. Good luck with three day waiting period!

Back to the topic!
So Mr. Acro-nym if you ever found yourself in a situation needing a pistol and convinced the stupid criminal to let you go buy one, what would be your first choice?
Either I didn't adequately express my views or you misinterpreted what I said. The first item was a joke. Bear can be a verb that means to take up a burden. My logic about crime is that if regular citizens didn't have guns, it would much more difficult for everyday robbers, muggers, and murderers (who are often standard citizens) to commit crimes. My comment about not currently needing a firearm wasn't to say that I'd rush out to buy one if someone was attacking me. I meant that if I felt I needed protection, i.e. living in an area with a high crime rate, I would get one. This is simply not the case at this time. As to your question, I'd say a pistol would be my gun of choice.

Most amazing jew boots
Harmonica
Pull the pin out.

Member 3486

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:01 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 06:01 PM #48 of 211
Originally Posted by Jiraiya
If the picture is correct, 5.7 caliber, thats pretty small. I think if your enemy had body armor too you'd be screwed unless you just sprayed and hoped to god you hit him in the face or legs.
Incorrect. Fabrique Nationale, the Belgian company which invented the P90, the FiveseveN, and the 5.7 round specifically designed it to absolutely circumvent body armor. A P90 is an excellent personal defense weapon against armored enemies.

As you can tell by the above, I'm quite the fan of firearms. The only ones I own are unfortunately quite pedestrian, a lever-action Winchester, two Remington 1100 12-gauge shotguns, and the most interesting of the bunch, a Ruger breakapart over-under shotgun. My interest, however, lies mostly in the firearms used by the world's militaries, i.e. assault rifles, machine guns and the like.

Edit: I'd like to add something: To the guy who said he'd like to own a Desert Eagle in .50AE.... No. No, you do not. That's way too much gun for any purpose except hunting very large animals, such as moose or bears. Not only that, it takes a hell of a set of wrists to fire it, and even then it has a nasty tendency to stovepipe (a condition where the gun goes barrel-up in the shooter's hands). It also frequently jams, due to the .50AE cartridge being too big to squeeze out of the ejection port at times. It's an entirely impractical weapon for shooting at people. If you're looking for a hand cannon, .44 revolvers are a much better choice.

Tuco: God is on our side, he hates the Yankees.
Man With No Name: God is not on our side because he also hates idiots.

Last edited by Harmonica; Mar 21, 2006 at 07:09 PM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:45 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 02:45 AM #49 of 211
Harmonica: Yes the .50 Desert Eagle is way over kill... but the .44 mag desert eagle while not as a .50 it is still a huge nasty hand cannon.

Jiraiya: Not all AKs are made equally and because it is such a prolific design there is a lot of less than desirable AKs. BTW have you ever used an M-16A2? Shit those things feel like they will break in your hands and they are still pretty accurate.

x86: Smartass.

andkeener: You assume a lot. You can say what ever you want, but the fact is when I am put into a situation where I am in need of a tool that can save my life, I will have it. You make it out to sound like I am some hick out shooting everything that moves, sort of makes you out to be an ignorant ass :/

People who are anti-gun and choose not own a firearm now have very few options when someone breaks into their home with a gun and has the intent to murder. I never said that you'd never get shot by owning a guy but the simple fact is this Mr. andkeener, most criminals are cowards and want an easy target. If I have a gun and am willing to use it when needed, I am no longer a easy target, no in fact I am now a very dangerous target. This is the land of the free, you can say what you will, but don't come bitching when someone you know gets raped and murdered in their own home because they had no way to defend themselves. I rely on myself, what do you rely on?

Acro-nym: Both. I was being a smart ass for most of that so try not to take me toooooo serious even if I do disagree with you on a few things. Also I wanted to know what kind of pistol you would want, not that you would want a pistol :/

GarretThe Thief: The P-90 is pretty neat but the civi version of it, I believe it is called the PS-90 is butt ass ugly. They extended the barrel and give it a rather unbalanced look. There is a huge waiting list for the semi auto version of the PN-90(? I might have them backwards) besides they are expensive. I'd rather just have a SKS until the Assault weapons ban gets lifted (if it gets lifted... )

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:39 PM #50 of 211
Originally Posted by Trigunnerz
Honestly, if the situation came up where I had to fire a gun at someone, I don't think I'll be able to do it. Either that, I'll botch up and somehow end up hitting someone else unintentionally.
I used to think that, too, until one day when I was home alone with my (then) 3-year-old son and my security system went off. I scooped him up and ran into my bedroom, shut and locked the door, stuffed him under the bed and grabbed the pistol and loaded it.

All of a sudden the strangest calm came over me. I was standing there about four feet away from the door so there was no way I was going to miss whoever came through it, pointing the gun at the door, and I was suddenly extremely calm and self-assured. I remember calmly thinking, "OK. I'm going to have to shoot whoever comes through that door." I stood like that for a few minutes, 100% certain that I was going to have to shoot someone and dreading it, yet not really fearing it and definitely not doubting that I would do it. The next thing I knew, the police were pulling up in my driveway. That's when I collapsed into a quivering heap of jelly.

Turns out a stick had been blown against one of our windows hard enough to cause the glass break sensor to go off, but in retrospect I'm glad it happened, because until then I never knew how I would handle a situation like that.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Firearms