Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[] General Touhou Discussion thread

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:25 PM Local time: Dec 30, 2007, 04:25 PM #76 of 137
If anyone is interested in good, well done touhou arranges, I recommend checking out UI-70, Alstroemeria Records and Golden City Factory.

Most of their stuff is the best you can find.

Most amazing jew boots
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:30 PM #77 of 137
My personal favorite is Alstromeria's Dolls. :3 And the specific artist in that album " Misato".

I was speaking idiomatically.
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2007, 08:59 AM #78 of 137
Well, not over a day and the new album is already being distributed all over the intranet. >.>

http://www.moelicious.be//bt/torrent...hi.rar.torrent

Well, whoever uploaded these torrents are hella quick.

I pray that its not a fake file..
you can get the lossless here:
Touhou image board (+Rozen Maiden)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2008, 02:06 AM #79 of 137
Meh, I don't worry too much about the lossless quality. As so long as it doesnt start sounding like scratches. Thanks again for the file though.

Edit: The UN Owen in this IOSYS Album kicked ass.

As for dojin news..

Patch-con!!

You are patchouli, controlling units to defend your books from being stolen. Via cute SD style.

it is a touhou RTS, a rather simple one but never the less fun game.
YouTube Video

DDL link: PatchCon.rar

I found it to be really easy. >>'

The controls are really simple, control with a mouse like a standard RTS game.

Gameplay:

Like other RTS games you can "upgrade" your units by using money, earn by killing enemies. And each unit on the battlefield will increase the cost of upgrading for that unit group. Units are ranked by strength by left to right, left being standard foot units, and right being somewhat more specialized units. You'll find out soon enough when you play.

The "powers" aka Spell cards are as order left to right:

1. Magic attack which reduces all enemy hp by 1/2
2. Reduces the Soldier resurrection time
3. This allows you to move faster for all unit.
4. Prevents your "books" from being stolen.
5. Not sure what this one does, but I think it increases your units defenses.

Enjoy.

And more good news!! It keeps on rolling!!!!

TOUHOU ANIME!! Well a small movie but I'm still very happy.

In case some of you don't know, this is done by Sound Holic that did that small touhou anime teaser as for their album, but apparently became a full fledged movie.

You can still find the anime on tokyotosho.com

FELIPE NO

Last edited by CLOudkiller; Jan 6, 2008 at 05:15 AM. Reason: FUCK!! NicoNico killed the links. >.>
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2008, 03:56 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2008, 09:56 PM #80 of 137
Well, Comiket 73 just passed and with it a whole bunch of touhou arranges were released. Most noticeable were Golden City Factory, Demetori and two Alstroemeria Albums.

I haven't had much of a chance to listen to a lot of it, but I did listen to the new album "HARMONY" from Alstroemeria Records. It's "ok", the only song I really like on it is Dark Road. It's mixed from Stage 2 MoF and Cirno's theme. Patchucon also looks really interesting, and I'll check that out very soon.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:29 PM #81 of 137
Well, Comiket 73 just passed and with it a whole bunch of touhou arranges were released. Most noticeable were Golden City Factory, Demetori and two Alstroemeria Albums.

I haven't had much of a chance to listen to a lot of it, but I did listen to the new album "HARMONY" from Alstroemeria Records. It's "ok", the only song I really like on it is Dark Road. It's mixed from Stage 2 MoF and Cirno's theme. Patchucon also looks really interesting, and I'll check that out very soon.
I didn't find Alstromeria Records very interesting this time. D: Meh, must not be my tastes today.

Also I didn't know you were a mod on Shrinemaiden.org. >.> I go by Maryn on that forums.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2008, 03:19 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2008, 09:19 PM #82 of 137
The only song I like on HARMONY is Dark Road. The other Alstroemeria Records album doesn't seem to be related to touhou at all.

Apparently there was also a UI-70 album released at this Comiket, but it hasn't been uploaded to share. I'd really like to hear it since UI-70 make really good touhou arranges. I'll check out Demetori and Golden City Factory stuff tonight.

Actually come to think of it, if anyone wants me to upload the Alstroemeria Records album "Blue Note" in FLAC, I can, because it arrived a few days ago. I'm also expecting a few other Alstroemeria albums in the mail from Japan.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Elixir; Jan 4, 2008 at 03:24 AM.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:45 AM #83 of 137
The only song I like on HARMONY is Dark Road. The other Alstroemeria Records album doesn't seem to be related to touhou at all.

Apparently there was also a UI-70 album released at this Comiket, but it hasn't been uploaded to share. I'd really like to hear it since UI-70 make really good touhou arranges. I'll check out Demetori and Golden City Factory stuff tonight.

Actually come to think of it, if anyone wants me to upload the Alstroemeria Records album "Blue Note" in FLAC, I can, because it arrived a few days ago. I'm also expecting a few other Alstroemeria albums in the mail from Japan.
I'm not too big of a fan of UI-70's works. But I do however favor China's theme they did though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:02 AM #84 of 137
I am surprised that this has yet to surface anywhere

Mountain of Faith ¡Á¿À¡¹¤Ø¤Î¿®¶Ä¡Á

The demos are amazing 0-0

though a pity there aren't too many albums showing up with Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith arranges.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by valiant; Jan 8, 2008 at 08:10 AM.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2008, 09:14 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 03:14 AM #85 of 137
Well.. um.. I beat MoF Extra yesterday, and wow that was lackluster. The last card isn't hard at all, in fact, I died twice on Suwako's second survival spellcard because I really didn't want to bomb on it. I could probably beat it with a single life if I cared, which I don't, because it's a poor Extra. I now have absolutely nothing left to do in MoF (just as well, I guess) aside from capturing Wind God on Lunatic (Kanako's final card), and I don't really care for that, either.

Blue Note, from Alstroemeria Records, also arrived in the mail. More about that here.

Most amazing jew boots
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2008, 03:20 AM #86 of 137
I am surprised that this has yet to surface anywhere

Mountain of Faith ¡Á¿À¡¹¤Ø¤Î¿®¶Ä¡Á

The demos are amazing 0-0

though a pity there aren't too many albums showing up with Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith arranges.
There are quite a few out there, but they're among other touhou arranges as well. but as for MoF arranges only, I havent found one yet.

@elixir

D:< Keep at it. I wanna see no death, no bomb, focus runs from you soon. Think you can pull off the next GIL?

slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:59 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2008, 05:59 PM #87 of 137
I revive thread!

After a 6 week recess, I played Touhou again to practice some spellcards and recognized that I had a Last Word spell to capture .. and captured it! Flawless Victory!

FELIPE NO

And to every Nana its prey...
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 02:24 AM #88 of 137
I revive thread!

After a 6 week recess, I played Touhou again to practice some spellcards and recognized that I had a Last Word spell to capture .. and captured it! Flawless Victory!

I always die right before capturing that card...

slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 09:43 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2008, 03:43 PM #89 of 137
I made up 2 .. no.. 3 strategies and 2 replays - since I captured it a 2nd time now =D - Do you need ADVICE?

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Mar 31, 2008, 03:14 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2008, 10:14 PM 1 #90 of 137
So I decided to try out one of these Touhou games today. The game I played was Perfect Cherry Blossom, and I have to say, woah, this game is much harder than I predicted it would be. But the gameplay is very addictive, I love the challenge in it. I have yet to clear the game with no continues on Easy (got to the last boss without continues but died there) but hopefully I'll be there in just a while So it'd be nice if you had any good tips for a beginner like me

How ya doing, buddy?
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:45 AM 3 #91 of 137
Also.. touhou has been made into badass now.. Not sure if its part of April's Fools.

YouTube Video

Watch and be awed.

@Slayer

Sure.. why not?

Last edited by CLOudkiller; Apr 1, 2008 at 12:54 AM.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:42 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2008, 05:42 PM #92 of 137
Also.. touhou has been made into badass now.. Not sure if its part of April's Fools.
Hmm, looks interesting! I can't think that it's just been made as an April Fools' Day joke, with the amount of work there must have been put down to make a video like this for it. I'd find it very unlikely that they'd be able to make a video looking like this with not an actual game engine of some kind running and getting that recorded too. But heck, what do I know, I'm no expert in game making nor video making so I could be wrong. It's just that if they'd wanna joke, I think they'd just put out screenshots, not actual in game footage.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:34 PM #93 of 137
Apparently it is fake.

Translation:
"This video is not available on the count of the april fool's day. We will be back online with the contents soon. P.S. There is no new touhou game. Happy April Fool's Day. Suko!!"

Most amazing jew boots
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:30 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2008, 11:30 PM #94 of 137
Apparently it is fake.
Meh Would probably have been quite a cool game.

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:37 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 04:37 PM #95 of 137
Haha yesh, now I've cleared Easy no continues with every character, and am now doing Normal. So far I've gotten to Stage 5 boss with no continues, so I guess in time I'll have it cleared on Normal too The game got a lot easier when I noticed that you could see where the enemy was on the bottom of the screen, heck, trying to concentrate on the boss and my own character was real damn hard before I noticed that one.

FELIPE NO
slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:50 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 03:50 PM #96 of 137
Wow. It nearly seems that you're using every free minute you have to play touhou

Damn - I really need some kind of time planning here - I always ruin the day by doing nothing or listening to music the whole day.

@cloud: First of all, what kind of strategy do you use for the Wriggle Last Word? Maybe you just lack practice - like I do

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:48 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 05:48 PM #97 of 137
Wow. It nearly seems that you're using every free minute you have to play touhou

Damn - I really need some kind of time planning here - I always ruin the day by doing nothing or listening to music the whole day.
Not really, just been playing like an hour or two a day at most

If what you're doing is ruining the day, then I'm guilty of ruining the day as well, haha If you don't have anything else that you should be doing, I think it's okay to "ruin the day" so to say. In my case though, I guess there actually is something I should be doing instead of wasting time like this

slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:56 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 04:56 PM #98 of 137
Not really, just been playing like an hour or two a day at most

That's about 56 times the time I play

In my case though, I guess there actually is something I should be doing instead of wasting time like this
I should play Touhou at least! But I end up looking at the empty desktop or Gamingforce every single day - I really need to practice on my guitar playing .. or - like I just said - practice Touhou!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:10 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 08:10 PM #99 of 137
By the way, is there a way to skip the credits in Perfect Cherry Blossom? It's kinda annoying to have to sit through it EVERY time you clear a game.

slayer25k
MIMIMIN!MIMIMIN!USAMIN!!

Member 9135

Level 22.15

Jun 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:16 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 07:16 PM #100 of 137
Well - the only way to skip is to use ALT+F4

You can fast forward only by pressing Ctrl.

Damn, that was a bad round.. a really bad one.. That's what I'll get after a month of not playing PCB. Maybe it's just a bad day - the 7th one in a row - cannot even play guitar properly - My hands feel like they're gum!

I'm useless. (I even knew the solution beforehand but wasn't sure ... for whatever reason)

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by slayer25k; Apr 3, 2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: ...argh

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [] General Touhou Discussion thread