Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™
Closed Thread

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2010, 04:14 PM #1 of 201
School of Seven Bells
Year: 2009
Label: Vagrant Records
Genre: Dream Pop, Shoegaze, Electronic

1 Iamundernodisguise 3:46
2 Face To Face On High Places 4:39
3 Half Asleep 4:19
4 Wired For Light 4:56
5 For Kalaja Maria 4:16
6 White Elephant Coat 4:16
7 Connjur 4:39
8 Sempiternal/Aramanth 11:23
9 Chain 4:21
10 Prince of Peace 3:05
11 My Cabal

-----

I'm not really sure what to say about them in terms of a review, but I highly recommend them. The vocalists are twin sisters that used to play in On!Air!Library! and opened for Interpol back in earlier 2000s. The guitarist apparently played in another band that opened for Interpol and upon meeting eachother they ditched their last bands and formed a new one. They have a really great ethereal sound that you just get lost in. Their style of writing is to apparently start with the lyrics, which is the absolute main focus, and everything else is just accompaniment.

!!!DOWNLOAD!!!

Lovely little album. Give it a chance!

(also if anyone wants to replace my rapidshare link to that album with something more secure, please do!)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:31 PM #2 of 201
Marina and the Diamonds: The Family Jewels
Year: 2010
Label: Chop Shop?
Genre: Indie Pop

1 Are You Satisfied?
2 Shampain
3 I Am Not a Robot
4 Girls
5 Mowgli's Road
6 Obsessions
7 Hollywood
8 The Outsider
9 Hermit the Frog
10 Oh No!
11 Rootless
12 Numb
13 Guilty

Hmmm dunno if this'll count as needing exposure (I don't listen to the radio...), but I'm digging on it recently. Her voice is like Regina Spektor and Fiona Apple and has a sound like both mixed with Florence and the Machine? Something like that. Anywho, she's fun, quirky, has some groovable tunes. I particularly like Shampain.

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - THE FAMILY JEWELS

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™