Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™
Closed Thread

Cameo
Just out of hibernation!

Member 2865

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:40 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 03:40 AM #1 of 201
Commix - Call To Mind
(Metalheadz, 2007, Drum & Bass)

1. Be True
2. Burn Out (Fade Away)
3. How You Gonna Feel - feat. Steve Spacek
4. Emily's Smile
5. Call to Mind
6. Change - feat. The Nextmen
7. Satellite Type 2
8. Belleview
9. Japanese Electronics
10. Spectacle
11. Strictly / Satellite Song [Underground Resistance Remix]

Catagorising music isn't easy, especially when most 'new' music is just mashed and rehashed 'old' music (which isn't always a bad thing). But, I reckon that trying to shoe-horn a group or album into a particular genre can work to the band's detriment sometimes. So if I tell you that Commix are classed as (and deem themselves as) Drum & Bass, does that turn you off? It shouldn't.

Commix are George Levings & Guy Brewer, and Call To Mind is their debut album, offering a subtle fusion of the purest Techno, the deepest Philly Soul, and pounding Drum & Bass rhythms. Commix display a crispiness of production and high-impact simplicity with deep, lush atmospheres and strong organic touches.

The eleven killer tracks (twelve if you include the 'hidden' one at the end) which are very well composed and produced, and present a fine balance of instrumentals and vocal-sampled numbers, are nothing but an enthralling listen.

GET IT

Cameo - A Gentle Introduction
(Unreleased, 2008, Drum & Bass)

Die Feat. Ben Westbeach - Get Closer (Lovers Mix)
>>>Fresh - All That Jazz
Jenna G feat. Chase & Status - In Love
Chris SU - Solaris VIP
Chase & Status - Believe
Blame - Inside Heart
Calibre - Drop It Down
D Bridge - True Romance
Calibre - Like It Is
Chase & Status - Love's Theme
Influx UK - It's Love
High Contrast - If We Ever
Commix - Be True
Chase & Status - Hurt You
>>>Bad Company - Planet Dust
Sub Focus - Airplane
High Contrast - Days Go By
Roni Size - Friends
High Contrast - Lovesick
Lenny Fontana - Spread Love (Nu Tone Remix)
Shy FX - Plastic Soul
Shy FX - Feelings (Incognito Remix)
Shy FX - Feelings
J Majik Vs Hatiras - Spaced Invader
Baron - Drive In, Drive By
>>>Zinc - Ska Remix
Zinc - Japache
Konflict - Messiah (Spor Remix)
Xample - Lowdown
Dillinja - Take Me All The Way
Commix - Satellite Type 2
Commix - Electric
Sub Focus - Flamenco
Moving Fusion - The Beginning
Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)

(>>> indicates tease)

I recorded this mix whilst DJing at a friend's party for New Years Eve. The room consisted mainly of people who either didn't know anything about Drum & Bass, or people who had heard a bit of Pendulum, and knew some of the words to 'Shake Your Body'.

I felt they needed to be educated a little.

This mix is a journey through some of the many different styles which encompass the Drum & Bass spectrum. From liquid funk to soulful chillout; techy rollers to rowdy jump-up, I've tried to include a little bit of everything.

Very easily accessible for those who aren't overly enamoured with the genre, or those who aren't sure and just a bit curious, with hopefully enough depth for those of you who deem yourselves connoisseurs.

Enjoy.

GET IT

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™