Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Motivational Thread

Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 11:16 PM #1 of 9
Motivational Thread

I've been thinking of Motivation recently and I've found that motivation has alarming power. From being motivated by a simple little butterfly to create wonderous paintings to being heartstrung by a loved one falling to a disease or murdur to make that person Look for a cure or seek revenge. I've always have said that I have no patience but i have motivation, however, nowadays I find that not to be true. In fact I find it the very opposite. I have patience For many things but I don't have the motivation. THe best motivation I've had for things is because of class and it was the proper time for them during the class. Other pieces of motivation have been For things that I know that I like when friends recommend it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to find a way to stem my Video Game and anime addiction so I wish to find more motivation to do other things on my list. I also want to take this chance to know what things Motivate you! I've heard that it's very theraputic (which is something we all need some times) to talk about oneself to others. Also this thread would be a great place to ask for some motivational help and to give Ideas.

Some help I would like with motivational issues is possibly a person who can kick me in the rear to get to work on some things. Or possibly something to help me get better at drawing, writing, and possibly exercising.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 05:33 PM Local time: May 30, 2007, 10:33 PM #2 of 9
For anyone who is lacking motivation (myself included), I mostly find that literally forcing myself to do whatever it is until I'm motivated to do it works. If I don't follow through with it then I have to pay for not getting things done. It's one way of kicking your own arse into gear.

To force yourself, just keep reminding yourself of why the hell you are expending effort into the task. If you find your concentration wandering, stop, focus, and continue. Eventually you'll beat the routine into yourself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 06:04 PM #3 of 9
I reward myself with little things. For example, if I rent a movie I'll set tasks for myself that I have to do before I get to sit down and watch it. At work I'll tell myself that I have to accomplish X, Y and Z and then I can surf GFF for 15 minutes. Recently I bought a pack of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and put them in the most visible place in my pantry so I would see them every time I opened the door to get something out, but I didn't allow myself to make them until I reached a certain weight. Before I go to bed at night I make myself floss (I'm a compulsive tooth-brusher but I hate to floss). I literally will not allow myself to lie down on the bed if I haven't flossed my teeth, no matter how tired I am. A little psycho, maybe, but it works.

Honestly, if I didn't do things this way I would get nothing done at all.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Alice; May 30, 2007 at 06:09 PM.
DCII764II00
Autumn Reign

Member 934

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 07:09 PM Local time: May 30, 2007, 04:09 PM #4 of 9
Whasup!
Motivation is a big part of my life... In school I was literally not motivated to learn anything that did not interest me.. And nothing would help... Not even punishment, suspension, tardy slip.. etc.. NOTHING.

I was interested in math alot.. So I would always do my math easily.. and I was motivated to exceed anyone else in my class at that.. But with social studies or humanities... I hated and my motivation was so low, and I coudn't kick myself to do it.. I didnt see a goal as to why I needed to do it.

That being said.. One day, in french class my teacher said if I wasn't "motivated" to come to her class, that I shouldn't be taking her class at all.. To me... That was the best advice anyone has said..Why do something you don't want to do? So I dropped out of her class and humanities.. I failed those classes, yessir I did.

Did that affect my career path? NOT really.. I was more motivated at math and music and art so much.. That I persued those goals like crazy...I ended up landing a job with the government as the assistant to so many different managers and they kept extending my contract even though it wasn't suposed to be allowed... I was 17-18 making 3000 grand a month! (im 21 now and still get offers to work for different agencies.)

I guess what im trying to say is.. When I was younger, I always had a clear cut path in my head as to where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do... and I was motivated by the thought of great success in those areas.. Things that didn't spark my interest or were not important to me, I never did them because I didn't see an end goal, a reason... Why do it if it's not leading me to where I want to go.

Your motivation stems from your aspiration to succeed in something you find interesting... What is your blue chip in the world? What is it you want to accomplish in your lifetime?... Do your goals right now align up to that end result?..

It's hard to explain my outlook in life.. But basically I do what I feel is right and I trust myself to know what im doing.. I always have a path and a process to get to the end of that path... I always have a goal.. That's the way I am..

NOW remember, I AM NOT SAYING to all you highschool students out there.. To go drop all your classes, and flunk out of highschool, NO.. I didn't do that... If you feel like im saying that, go back and read it again..

Anyways, the key to your motivation is your aspiration to get somewhere ... To succeed in something you find is special.. Follow your ambition basically. Don't do what you feel is wrong... Focus on on your goals and keep persuing them.. It'll become second nature..

Whew that was long..
Ar.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by DCII764II00; May 30, 2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Cutting this new article shoter lol
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2007, 03:58 PM #5 of 9
Motivation is pretty much what has driven me in life. When motivated I feel that I can achieve anything I want and no one can get in my way. I am a very determined and even stubborn person(both for good and bad sometimes), but one thing I do have is that when I am motivated I won't stop until I achieve my goal.

I think motivation is a key part to life and everyone needs some form of it to become something or accomplish something. Whether that something is big or small.

My only problem is I can't be motivated by just anything.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2007, 04:11 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2007, 11:11 PM #6 of 9
My favourite method of motivation is pressuring myself. I put myself under extreme pressure and that's when I feel I'm at my best.

When it comes to my job, I want to be making my deadlines, and delivering excellent material. When it comes to working out, I just hate my body and want to improve it. So I guess my motivation is really self-centered, I want to be able to be proud of myself for what I achieved. I strive for a high bar and I can really push myself to make it.

Sometimes I even intentionally put extra, completely artificial pressure on myself. For example I was doing work on a project where I had to deliver two songs a week, and I knew I could produce two songs in three days without a problem. So, instead of playing it safe and just doing that each week for the duration of the project, I planned two songs in one day, and absolutely had to make it that day, or I'd miss a deadline.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 01:15 PM 1 #7 of 9
since I have nothing to look forward to the only thing that motovates me is sheer fucking rage.

FELIPE NO
einherjar
Carob Nut

Member 8559

Level 5.11

Jun 2006

Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:27 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2007, 08:27 PM #8 of 9
since I have nothing to look forward to the only thing that motovates me is sheer fucking rage.
I wonder if that emotional reaction alone is a response to your lack of motivation about everything else.

Most amazing jew boots
doldrums
oopsie

Member 3855

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 02:53 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 12:53 AM #9 of 9
i find motivation just thinking about how i can do much better or just be a much better person overall. i guess anyone can think that about themselves but i'll take that and try to prove it. so i try to make it happen, be true so then i can be like yep, i knew it all along hehe it makes me feel stronger though i've never really had someone tell me i couldn't do something ^_^ its just how my mind works to get me to do something

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Motivational Thread