Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Oh god!!! My apartment is freaking on me"

Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:46 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 11:46 AM #1 of 14
"Oh god!!! My apartment is freaking on me"

Okay. So wierdest thing ever. I get up this morning. Have sleepy, and feeling quite hungry. So I walk to my kitchen to get breakfast. So two steps later, I reach the kitchen, and I flick on the lightswitch and SNAPCRACK!!!!, Everything brightens for a split second and the I'm hit by a split lightbulb. Glass flew everywhere. My lightbulb pretty much exploded. I'm lucky my eyes were half closed lol. Didn't get any cuts. But it was a hard job getting the freaking glass cleaned up. And then the job of replacing the bulb. lol. Luckily the breaker blew, so there was no chance of getting an accidental shock. I was very afraid to turn it on again. To say the least, I was very awake after that lol. Its almost like my apartment was saying "Clean me! or i KILL you!"

So anyone get attacked by their habitat recently? Any freaky wierd accidents?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:52 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 05:52 PM #2 of 14
I've had lightbulbs blow on me before. Generally it's the result of a moth or something shorting the bulb just at the actual contact point. I've noticed it doesn't seem to happen with energy saving bulbs though, or if you have proper circuit breakers installed...

It's always a bit freaky when it happens though, granted.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:57 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 11:57 AM #3 of 14
yah. my apartment is somewhat an older building. old wiring and such. old style pushbutton breaker. lol.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:30 PM #4 of 14
My own lightbulb has busted a lot more than it should as well. Of course not to the grand standard of exploding into a million shards, but the flashbang of light that has bursted thrice at the most random times had startled me from turning on the light switch for a while.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:55 PM #5 of 14
I've never had a lightbulb explode like that, thankfully. My apartment prefers subtle biological warfare. I've got Serratia Marcescens in the air here, which causes a pink or gray mold to grow in my shower, toilet, and sometimes sink if I leave dishes sitting for too long. It's not actually harmful, just really annoying sometimes. If left unchecked it causes the bathroom to reek of chlorine because of its reaction with shower water.

My fridge is the only other thing. Sometimes it starts making incredibly loud noises, closely resembling a toilet flushing. Not harmful, but a bit disconcerting at night.

I was speaking idiomatically.
tanisari
Putting the Universe in its Place

Member 2152

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:06 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 11:06 PM #6 of 14
The toilet heaves a sigh of resignation every five seconds or so. It has done that since I moved in some months ago; it has clogged or overflowed or ever failed to perform perfectly. It just sounds unhappy. I sort of want to know what the previous tenants did to it to make it this way, but I mostly don't.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

You hear noises in the distance.
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:38 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 10:38 AM #7 of 14
Yah. I hate toilet noises. Theres something wrong with my toilet. and so sometimes it just randomly flushes. not the flush you make with the handle, just the flush where the tank on the back of the toilet empties out and then refills. Its sometimes annoying cause that steady water sound is annoying. but i don't actually pay for my water, so I m not too worried.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:01 AM #8 of 14
I forgot about my toilet when I first read this topic, but you have to flush it twice every single time you use it. The first flush only fills the bowl, but nothing drains out. I never have any problem, but it always seems to clog when I have visitors. Lately, it's started running, around every 10 minutes or so. There must be a leaking seal somewhere, but maintenance can't seem to fix it.

Also, my hot water sucks. In the morning, I have to turn the faucet and the shower on and let them run just so I'll have hot water to wash my face. Some nights, I have to turn the shower on, then go do something else (read a chapter in a book, play a round of Tetris) while it heats up. It takes forever.

One night I was awoken around 3am by a loud humming noise coming from the bathroom. I have no idea what it was, and it hasn't happened again, so hopefully it wasn't anything serious.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chronciler
Carob Nut

Member 3814

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 02:22 PM #9 of 14
Sounds like a couple of people here have leaky toilets. You might want to take the top off the tank and see if your stopper just ain't cutting it anymore. That "sigh" is the water turning on again because the floater arm got too low in the tank.

Um, but, yeah, I had a dryer and a washing machine break on me in the same week.... (Hopes his feeble attempt to stay on topic fools everyone)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 02:39 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 07:39 PM #10 of 14
Last summer term I was plagued with multiple things! First there were the banging pipes, and I'm not just talking about the occasional metallic thud or a clicking every now and then. I'm talking about xylophone solos in the middle of the night, and then there was the occasion where it sounded like it was roaring

THEN there's the story of the toilet down the hall from our room which seemed to clog or overflow every day. Being the tactful boarding house we are, there is now a handwritten sign on the door stating "NO SHIT IN HERE PLEASE". Everyone on that floor is really emo about it; they have to go down two flights of stairs to take a dump now! Horror!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:08 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 01:08 PM #11 of 14
In my apartment in college, my bedroom had a single ceiling light encased in glass. I was getting some work done on my computer, when suddenly that glasses just fell to the floor, shattering into hundreds of pieces... truly a holy-fucking-shit-what-the-hell. Some pieces were on my bed too. Like the first post said, cleaning it up was a pain. But yeah, that was crazy. The apartment wasn't rundown or anything too (actually a really nice place), but that was a freak occurance. Maybe the screws got loose on their own or something, or it was Tritoch. =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
The Wulf
Arf

Member 15016

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:31 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 03:31 PM #12 of 14
I have never had a lightbulb explode on me.

However! I have KO'd a lightbulb with my head. I was looking for my keys in my auntie's basement (where everyone living in that house spends the majority of their time). In a hurry and not paying attention, I ran into the bulb. It was a particularly messy ordeal, even for the cat, who happened to get covered in glass shards.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:33 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 03:33 PM #13 of 14
Lol. That reminds me. I sleep on the upper part of a bunk bed. i threw the bottom part out cause it broke. So while i sleep, im pretty close to a lightbulb. So one night. I rolled over and my arm swung up. and completely smoked the glass covering on the light. i guess its called the light shade. But anyhow. it completely broke free of the light, flew across the apartment and shattered. I was like have asleep too. so it was really freaky.

Edit:>> I just realized the irony of the fact that my signature has the picture of a lightbulb in it. lol.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:15 AM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 11:15 AM #14 of 14
Nothing as of late, which is really nice because of the fact that there are usually many weird things that happen unexplained, or someone just hates me. My old roomate was terrible for freaky and weird accidents, some of them being pretty hilarious.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > "Oh god!!! My apartment is freaking on me"