Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Jun 10, 2007, 09:44 PM #1 of 87
I haven't seen anyone mention Iria Zeiram the Animation and I think that'd be right up your alley. It's a bit old and it's a OVA (it has 6 episodes in all I think). I'm not all that fond of sci-fi for the most part, but I love this title. I also think Cowboy Bebop is a good choice if you haven't seen it yet.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:16 AM #2 of 87
Vampire Hunter D wouldn't be a bad place to start out if you haven't watched much anime. The first movie is pretty old, so the art style may put you off. I thought it was a pretty good movie for the time. The second movie was fun to watch and the animation wasn't bad from what I can recall (it's been a while since I've seen both x.x). Just stay away from the books.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 04:56 PM #3 of 87
Awesome, thank you! Can you recommend other anime as well? Thanks!
I guess it'd help to know what genres you might prefer as Ozma stated, but I don't think it's all that big a deal. I'm more of a manga person, so I only have a few titles to suggest. I'm pretty picky, so I think these are pretty decent and you might like them as well:

Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (and the movie called Solid State Society which is a sequel)
Howl's Moving Castle (lots of movies by Studio Ghibli are fun to watch, that's just one of many)

I tried to suggest stuff that isn't too strange. I'll edit these with summaries if you really want, but you're better off just looking up info elsewhere. I'm pretty terrible at them. >.>;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Anime and Manga Recommendations