Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] New Evangelion Movies!

MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:52 PM #1 of 135
New Evangelion Movies!

here
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9464
wow, talking about celebration!!!
for the 10th year anniversary there will be a new Eva Project consiting of 4 movies, a pequel, mid series, sequel and conclution, how sweet!!!
Let the milking begin!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:
any comments???

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 09:02 PM #2 of 135
Seriousely, as long as Unit 1 goes beserk at least once on something in each of those movies, I am a happy camper.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:06 PM #3 of 135
I'm shitting my pants with excitement.

Eva is still my favorite anime series, and I would love to see how a sequel to EoE would address the... particular issue with the ending.

End of Eva spoiler:
basically, if humans are allowed to return to their own forms (which I hope is the case), or if Shinji and Asuka are the only ones left on Earth (which I doubt).

It's kind of like when FF7: Advent Children was announced. Basically, the group that thought that humanity was wiped out in the Meteor was declared wrong.

How are they going to get the same voice actors to sound the same, though? This is quite a project.

Most amazing jew boots
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:45 PM #4 of 135
This is pretty hot. Considering that I own the entire series, twice, I'm definitely going to buy this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:48 PM #5 of 135
me too, Mucknuggle a nice addition i would say.
but i never dreamt that eva would have a sequel(and prequel).
i hope that with the new improvements in animation and cg effect it would kick ass!!!

Most amazing jew boots
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:02 AM #6 of 135
I'm not pleased or surprised. Never watched Evangelion, I doubt I'd like it. But anime has been pretty shitty quality nowadays. Considering this is a mindless milking effort, I don't think anything that Evangelion fans will be satisfied with will come out of this. Come on now, expanding this universe ten years later? I just don't believe that its gonna be worthwhile with the state of the industry now.

Watch for lots of Rei and Asuka pantyshots, a mild sex scene, and lots of crappy fanservice.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:18 AM #7 of 135
Originally Posted by Ultima
I'm not pleased or surprised. Never watched Evangelion, I doubt I'd like it.
Well, now. From that nugget of information, I don't think your opinion regarding the quality of said sequels/prequels is remotely relevant to this discussion then.

FELIPE NO
MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:20 AM #8 of 135
i agree with jazzflight.
In a fact, a prequel could pretty much tie many things that were not clear, and events that we all would want to watch, that have relevance in the main series**thinks in the first impact****

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:27 AM #9 of 135
Originally Posted by MrSatan
i agree with jazzflight.
In a fact, a prequel could pretty much tie many things that were not clear, and events that we all would want to watch, that have relevance in the main series**thinks in the first impact****
Precisely. I'd also like to see the destruction of Tokyo-1 / flooding of a lot of the world / building Tokyo-2 and 3, etc...

We as viewers were kind of thrown into a very limited time period in this "future world," without seeing too much of how it operates. I mean, what physical state is the US or Europe in?

But besides that, it'd be good character development for Yui, Gendo, and Fuyutsuki.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:34 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 10:34 PM #10 of 135
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Precisely. I'd also like to see the destruction of Tokyo-1 / flooding of a lot of the world / building Tokyo-2 and 3, etc...

Yeah, basically the effects of the Second Impact, if I remember correctly. This makes me want to hasten my purchase for the Eva Platinum collection for around $80 for the thin pak (anyone can say this is good or not?).
I just found EOE to be downright depressing, despite much of the world becoming a "oneness" entity.

I feel terrible.

Gunbuster's ending was a bit more optimistic though.

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -
Zelnick
ur a faget

Member 2113

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:50 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 10:50 PM #11 of 135
Has anyone ever heard the supposed backstory behind Evangelion?

The one about a race of "aliens" colonizing planets across the universe and that the reason why there are Humans and "Angels" on the same planet is because the aliens accidentaly sent 2 kinds of colony ships (the two moons, eggs, whatever you wanna call 'em).

I think there was more too, but I don't remember.

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:06 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2006, 11:06 PM #12 of 135
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
But besides that, it'd be good character development for Yui, Gendo, and Fuyutsuki.
The manga version goes into a lot more details for some of the minor character (and characters in the background) interms of their history, compares to the anime version, so do you think it is possible that they could make the prequal base on that?

How ya doing, buddy?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 09:20 AM #13 of 135
This is pretty great, I never say no to more Eva. Even if they manage to botch up the new stories or style somehow, you'll always have the original series. Either was it'll be a lot more interesting to see than the US live-action I think they're still working on.

It would be super halious if they made them based on Re-Take 0-4 ='D

I was speaking idiomatically.

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 03:29 PM #14 of 135
While this completely seems to me as a ploy to milk out more money from the fans... I will gladly submit to it.

What ever happened to that hollywood project that Weta was involved in?

FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 12:03 AM #15 of 135
Originally Posted by Qwarky
It would be super halious if they made them based on Re-Take 0-4 ='D
If they make it using the rest of Re-Take, I'd pay money to see it.

How ya doing, buddy?
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:04 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 10:04 AM #16 of 135
Precisely. But then, I would love to see even something like Girlfriend of Steel 2 or Shinji Raising Project animated for that matter.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:22 AM #17 of 135
You know, when someone sent me this link, I rolled my eyes at the news.

But then I had to read the link 4 times afterwards to discover that this isn't regarding the live movie (which is still going?).

I honestly thought that after years of merchandise milking, a torrent of comedy shows and the undying love of fans worldwide that an honest to God new animation of Evangelion would never, ever happen.

Suffice to say, I'm shocked. And of course I am nearly shaking with the prospect of this. Evangelion was and still is the absolute best anime series of all time, but it's more than that; it remains one of the most influential media I have ever witnessed in my life.

BUT, I still need some more information (and some pictures). The wording sort of makes it sound like it will be something new. There might not even be a Shinji, Asuka, Rei or Misato in this version. Gainax isn't one for consistency (Gunbuster 2).

But, I will be waiting just like the rest of you for more news.

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 12:23 AM #18 of 135
Ah.. the girl friend of steel. Actually, I can really see it as a movie. Since a lot of the animated movies for anime series sometimes break from its conventional continuity (See: DBZ and Doraemon). So I wouldn't be surprised if they make it into a movie. Hm, although according to the article, it isn't remake or improvement of the kind, so I am not sure if this particular instance apply or not., however, I would really like to see the girl friend of steel as a movie. even though I had only seem a bunch of screen shot for that….

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:27 AM #19 of 135
Quote:
While the new story will be set during the same time frame as the original TV series
This could mean a number of things. It could focus on a group of people who witnessed the Angel attacks but weren't directly involved. It could even mean that it takes place thousands(?) of years after the End of Evangelion with a newly re-populated earth.

Or maybe, just maybe, this will be an alternate story taking place after the TV series, since the End was never really labeled as an official ending, but an alternate take.

A sequel that doesn't involve
Spoiler:
a giant Rei, Asuka being eaten alive, and Shinji doing something other than laying around while everyone around him dies?
Damn, that would be sweet.

EDIT-00: Actually, what would be much sweeter is starting the series from scratch and make it closer to the manga, which I always found to be better written than the TV series (more backstory on secondary characters, a less whiny Shinji, a less bitchy Asuka, a slightly more evil Kaworu, etc).

EDIT-01: Newtype Scans

EDIT-02: Spoiler-tagged humongous scans

Spoiler:

The group shot is likely just made for the magazine, not an actual shot of the new movie. At least I hope that's the case, since the art style is a little cuter than what I remember. If they're going to be serious with this, I want an update to the designs.

How about the debut of Freckles Asuka?

Spoiler:

EDIT-03:

Quote:
Records have also been circulating. According to that information:
-The content is quite different though the time base of the story is the same as the original TV series.
- It will be a remake, however, it is not a re-creation but a "new work".
- The approach will be different than what Tomino-san did with the Gundam Z New Translation films, there will apparantly be a large amount of new material.
- Even if the TV series has not be seen, the viewer will be able to enjoy it. Though the content becomes easy, it is not redundant to those already familiar with the series.
- The technique that purposely scatters difficult words and phrases will not be used any longer.
- As an antithesis to current animation industry segments, it is an attitude on the production side to pull the act in the age that started from Eva.
-toonzone.net

My rage will know no bounds if this is just another milking of the original series with new footage tossed in. I don't want to see a single frame from that show used again. God, Gainax, don't milk it AGAIN.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Soldier; Sep 8, 2006 at 02:50 AM.
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:59 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 10:59 AM #20 of 135
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
How about the debut of Freckles Asuka?
They gave the freckles to Hikari, so it's doubtful.

I rather like the "new" style, but if things get grimly serious like in the original series, the cute style will clash more shockingly

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Decoy Goat
25 to life on probation

Member 650

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:13 AM #21 of 135
I thought that Evangelion the series and the movies were the most pointless portrayals of weak pseudo-philosophy in popular media ever created.

I wanted all of the characters to die in a fire, and more than that I wanted the writers that destroyed what could have been a memorable and entertaining series into a mindless festival of the lowest dredges of human character exploration.

Put simply it was about as worthwhile as the Matrix (ie. not), but it had explosions and form-fitting costumes so no matter how much you badmouth it, teenage boys everywhere are still going to wank over it like Shinji bashing it to Asuka's comatose body which incidentally is a perfect metaphor for the story.

I am totally not pleased with this news for the simple fact I'm going to have to put up with a whole new generation of retarded 13 year olds screaming about how deep and wonderful it is.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I <3 Cheryl.
Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:25 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 11:25 AM #22 of 135
Originally Posted by Decoy Goat
I thought that Evangelion the series and the movies were the most pointless portrayals of weak pseudo-philosophy in popular media ever created.

I wanted all of the characters to die in a fire, and more than that I wanted the writers that destroyed what could have been a memorable and entertaining series into a mindless festival of the lowest dredges of human character exploration.

Put simply it was about as worthwhile as the Matrix (ie. not), but it had explosions and form-fitting costumes so no matter how much you badmouth it, teenage boys everywhere are still going to wank over it like Shinji bashing it to Asuka's comatose body which incidentally is a perfect metaphor for the story.

I am totally not pleased with this news for the simple fact I'm going to have to put up with a whole new generation of retarded 13 year olds screaming about how deep and wonderful it is.
Quotet for truth.
Not that Eva hasn't been an enjoyable experience for me back then.
But it certainly wasn't the ANIME OF TRUE ETERNAL ENLIGHTMENT most rabid fanboys/girls seem to make it.
You think Eva is deep and confusing? Go watch Lain. And Paranoia Agent.
Evangelion really seems to Anime what The Matrix is to movies...

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:09 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 06:09 PM #23 of 135
Originally Posted by Decoy Goat
I take great pleasure in informing you that you, sir, are part of the god damn problem.

Anti-fanboys are just as obnoxious as the fanboys themselves.

FELIPE NO
Decoy Goat
25 to life on probation

Member 650

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:22 AM #24 of 135
Originally Posted by Bigblah
Anti-fanboys are just as obnoxious as the fanboys themselves.
Yeah well until the moment you see me gathering and forming a picket line outside your local parliament and wearing a shirt that says "say no to Eva" you'll always have your doubts about whether I stop random nerds with NERV shirts on the street to punch them.

You're lucky you have a set of Babar customs Sir, as it makes me totally incapable of being far more mean about the fact that I chose to have and express my opinion on this subject.

I <3 Cheryl.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:55 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 06:55 PM #25 of 135
What the hell is with Babar? It somehow makes me awesome and I don't even know who he is.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] New Evangelion Movies!