Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Muse album...

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:42 PM #26 of 233
It's been almost three years since they released a studio album. They were still touring until May of last year (when I missed them by two months >_<), so this is a treat. Really, since I was busy discovering their previous albums I didn't notice that it had been so many years since new material was released.

Absolution has it's slow spots, yes...but I still think it's a wonderful album -- even if I didn't think so at first. Initially I bought it just because I was obsessed with the song "Thoughts of a Dying Atheist." It took a few listens for the stuff to grow on me.

One of the more interesting covers I've heard is their version of "House of the Rising Sun" by the Animals. Muse really puts their own spin on it.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Arkhangelsk; Mar 6, 2006 at 05:46 PM.
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:58 PM #27 of 233
I am a brand new muse fan!! The only album I have is Absolution, but man... that piano solo on track 10... and track 5, 6... EXCELLENT stuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:01 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:01 PM #28 of 233
I even like Matt's solo piano diddy called "Piano Thing." I feel bad, but it really is the Matt Bellamy show most of the time . But for a trio, they sure put out a hell of a sound, even live.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:15 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:15 AM #29 of 233
It's about time they released something new. I haven't listened to Muse in so long now, it's ridiculous. I hope this album will be a little rockier than Absolution, although it did have it's moments (Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome were my absolute favourites) If it was mosre along the lines of Origin Of Symmetry i'd be happy. Can't wait to hear it

I was speaking idiomatically.

Cheers B4!
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:20 PM #30 of 233
It's not the Matt Bellamy show when "Hysteria" starts up. The bassist gets the groove on that one. Though, Matt is the one out front all the time. However, in contrast, each band member does their job, and does it damn well. It wouldn't be the same Muse without Chris' quick bass attack, or Dom's adaptive drumming. And yes, for a trio, they really do put out quite a lot.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:58 PM #31 of 233
Does anyone know the name of the song in which he says the line "I have slept in every toilet, but you still want to spoil it," I know its vague, but I remember this being the first muse song I heard, and would like to know its name.

FELIPE NO
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:39 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:39 PM #32 of 233
I myself haven't been listening to Muse lately. But I still like them tons.

I might be the only one here who likes Absolution. The way I judge an album is not by the excellent songs it delivers (as in one of their album has about half of their songs being enjoyable and the other half skippable), but by the album as a whole, because one song doesn't represent an album (otherwise a ton of albums would be labled good). I find almost every song on Absolution great to listen to. Like on Origin of Symmetry, sure, it's a good album, but I only like a few notables (ex: Bliss, Hypermusic, Plug in Baby, Citizen Erased, etc). Or Showbiz, some good songs are Sunburn (nice piano!), and then some, can't think of any now.

But Absolution is great as an album in its entirety. It definitely shows their growth as a band. The guitar(s) in Hysteria are so awesome. I actually enjoy their "ballades" of Falling Away with You and Endlessly. The lyrics are pretty cool. And let's not forget their pop hit Time is Running Out, which is also catchy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:16 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:16 AM #33 of 233
Originally Posted by *AkirA*
Does anyone know the name of the song in which he says the line "I have slept in every toilet, but you still want to spoil it," I know its vague, but I remember this being the first muse song I heard, and would like to know its name.
That would be "Muscle Museum" from the disc Showbiz. I love that song...well...I love a lot of their songs. At the moment I've been obsessed with "Megalomania" (love the organ stuff on that) and "Bliss." I do prefer when they actually get the guitars heavy and do some real rocking, but their slow atmospheric stuff is great, too. And does anyone think that Matt has some sort of megalomaniacal streak? Several of his songs have to do with controlling the world. It amuses me greatly.

Not to mention their music vids are usually very interesting. I love watching Matt writhe around and make faces while he sings and plays -- although sometimes I wish he'd wear non-skintight clothing. It reminds me how skinny he is...something find both attractive and rather frightening .

Originally Posted by Dee
I might be the only one here who likes Absolution. The way I judge an album is not by the excellent songs it delivers (as in one of their album has about half of their songs being enjoyable and the other half skippable), but by the album as a whole...
No, you're not the only one. I lovelovelove Absolution, as it's really the only album of theirs that I like to listen to the whole thing in one fell swoop (although I do like certain songs more than others). It just flows together so well...it's concieved as an entire piece more than the others.

How ya doing, buddy?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:27 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:27 AM #34 of 233
Their B-Sides are rather excellent. 'Fury', 'House on the Rising Sun' and 'Hyper Chondriac Music' are superb.
And while I do like Absolution and I think it's a great album, I think it's just a poor Muse album.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:48 AM #35 of 233
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
That would be "Muscle Museum" from the disc Showbiz.
Awesome, its any amazing song. I think ill try to find the album at borders this evening.

Gr|M
Maestro

Member 2175

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 04:19 PM #36 of 233
Muse is amazing and I have a feeling the new album will be phenomenal.
My favorites are
Butterfiles and Hurricanes
Hysteria
Stockholm Syndrome
New Born
Sun Burn
Map of Your Head
Endlessly
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
and sooo many more lol.

Fake_plastic
da plastix

Member 2593

Level 2.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:07 PM #37 of 233
Originally Posted by Majin yami
I get fed up of the Radiohead/Muse comparisons. They sound nothing alike (at least not if we're talking about OK Computer/Pablo Honey Radiohead. Not listened to any other albums).
I think the comparison is mostly because Matt Bellamy tried a bit too much to be like Thom Yorke (when Muse were just starting)

Most amazing jew boots
Da Plastixxxx
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:08 PM #38 of 233
Muse did get a lot of critism in the early days about being too Radiohead, but during the "Showbiz" era for Muse I think they were just trying to figure out their own style. It's obvious that they nailed it when they came out with Origin of Symmetry, and since then they progressed their sound even further with Absolution.

Judging from what i've heard from their new songs it looks like this new album will be slightly more uplifting, as Matt Bellamy has said that he wants to write songs that a more cheery because it's so much harder to write a good uplifting song without it sounding a bit too cheesy. Butterflies and Hurricanes is Matt's favourite song from Absolution, mainly because it's his first song that he felt was uplifting.

Their new material sounds awesome though, and being the biggest Muse freak evar here i'm peeing myself with excitement. They'll be doing festivals in summer and probably touring after that so i'm estimating a summer release for their new album.

As for the whole Absolution discussion that's going on, people can't deny that it's the album that got their name out there. It's been their most successful album to date, hitting number 1 in the UK album charts on it's release. It sounds a little cheesy to say, but I really do love all of their songs including all the b-sides. It's why they're my favourite band after all . It's hard to say which album is my favourite, but i'd say Absolution because I love every track on the album. Origin of Symmetry is a close second though, tracks from that album are a lot more suited for a live concert, because during their Showbiz touring they just wanted to rock out more than what they were doing and the product of that was Origin. Citizen Erased, New Born, Space Dementia, Bliss, Micro Cuts, Plug in Baby; those songs are fucking intense live.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Sian; Mar 11, 2006 at 08:15 AM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 11:28 PM #39 of 233
While they are my fave band, they do have some pap songs: 'Falling Away With You', 'Fillip', 'Ashamed' and 'Unintended' being the biggest offenders. However, even thir bad stuff is better than most of the best stuff some bands come out with (hello Greenday)...

FELIPE NO

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:37 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 11:37 AM #40 of 233
Just thought I'd post to let people know that today the new single hit airwaves (in the UK, at least), called "Super Massive Black Hole." The single itself will be released the 19th of June, and the new album on July 3rd.

Also, Muse plans to tour the US in the fall. I hope they swing around Austin like they did on their last tour.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 09:53 AM #41 of 233
I listened to Super Massive Black Hole last night (if anybody wants, PM me). It's ...kind of poppish. So far, I don't like it much, but that may change once I give it a few more listens. I hear the rest of the album is supposed to be awesome, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:58 PM #42 of 233
Wow Muse's new album coming out this month? That's awesome, I can hardly wait for it.

And yes, Showbiz is highly underrated. Unintended is just wow. However I can't say I have a favorite album from them...just all their albums so far have a song that to me, stands out completly and just owns it all.

Well...Dead Star would have to be a real big fav. of mine, even though it's just a single. Sucks it never got onto an album.

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 01:04 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 12:04 PM #43 of 233
Originally Posted by Karasu
Wow Muse's new album coming out this month? That's awesome, I can hardly wait for it.
No no...the single is out this month. You have to wait at least two more months for the actual album .

And it appears to be their thing to catch people with a poppy single, then make them listen to the rest of the album, which is most decidedly not pop.
Or at least, I hope that's how they're doing things this time around...

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 01:05 PM #44 of 233
Oh my bad, read it wrong.

Well Matt Bellamy has even said he wanted the album to be more...'optimistic'. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more upbeat songs off of the new album.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 09:11 PM #45 of 233
I, personaly, love the new single. It's so completely removed from anything they've done previously and I love it. It deinately takes some listening to get used to though. After my forth time of listening to it was when I really liked it.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:14 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 08:14 PM #46 of 233
I loved the new single when I heard it, it's so danceable and sexy rawr. I can't wait for the new album, July 3rd isn't that far off =o.

How ya doing, buddy?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:28 PM #47 of 233
If you dont mind me asking...is this single available for listening on a website, or is it only on the radio for you guys in England?

FELIPE NO
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 08:57 PM #48 of 233
It was aired officially on Radio today, however I managed to grab the leak of it before it was taken down on various fan sites.

Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 04:36 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 10:36 PM #49 of 233
Limewire is your friend.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 07:24 PM #50 of 233
Mm...speaking of the single and all, the title of the album (forgot to mention) is called "Black Holes and Revelations" and will be much more diverse and different than Absolution.
Also, the video for "Supermassive Black Hole" is set to air May 17th (in the UK, I assume).

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Muse album...