Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] GFF Anime Club

Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:16 PM #1 of 369
Cool GFF Anime Club

Welcome to the GFF Anime Club. If you came in here for Cookie Monster, fat Cloud Strife, a potted plant, and a dog in a Wolverine costume then you'll be pleasantly surprised! If you came for anime well we got that stuff too. If you came to chat with other people about this business you're watching at the same time well then by golly you are in for a treat!

Every Tuesday and Thursday at 8 PM Eastern Time I will be streaming around two hours of anime from two series for around the run time of three episodes each for a total of around six episodes of that stuff from Japan. I'll also be running six episodes of a third series on the weekend (could be Friday, Saturday, or Sunday depending on my schedule).

"But how?!" you may ask. I've set up a webpage with all provided (even a chatroom!). Just visit it and it'll start streaming right away. Of course if it's not a scheduled time then it'll just be playing silly videos I grabbed from youtube. Give it a whirl.

CLICK HERE 4 DA ANIME CLUB STREAM

this contains the original post - you can ignore it:
Alright I'm sure a good number of you are familiar that I run the stream for Drink On. Last night after that event a good number of us stayed up to marathon Detroit Metal City with great success and thus I know that there is an interest for streaming anime around here.

I've been kicking around the idea for running a bi-weekly (now tri-weekly) event for a bit but now I'm pretty much ready to commit to it but I need to know what you guys would like to watch.

We'd be watching two series three episodes from each show for a grand total of six episodes a night. So for example it could be three episodes of DBZ and three episodes of Azumanga Daioh for the two week days, and finally six episodes of Cowboy Bebop on the weekend. If we had a show that was only 11 minutes per episode like Cromartie High or Detroit Metal City then we'd run five or six episodes to compensate for normal 22 minute episode run time. So yeah basically just like your run of the mill anime club except over the Internet.

So here's how it would go down: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 PM to 10 PM EST.

Let me know if you're interested and what shows you'd like to watch. Also if we can get this thing rolling fast enough let me know if you'd like to start this week or next week.

I will be updating this opening post with more information.

Show Format

Tuesday&Thursday
  • First series for around 60 minutes
  • Second series another 60 minutes
Weekend
  • Third series yup yup yup 120 minutes
Use the list below to figure how it'll work

TIMEZONES ARE FUN!
broadcast starts at and on~

Tuesdays & Thursdays
8 PM Eastern Time
7 PM Central Time
6 PM Mountain Time
5 PM Pacific Time

Wednesdays & Fridays
1 AM London
2 AM Paris
4 AM Moscow
8 AM Singapore
9 AM Seoul/Tokyo
10 AM Sydney

Weekend for third series
I'll make a post in this thread regarding its date and time

"But.. but.. but.. I can't make it."
"I missed Tuesday's show because I was snorkeling in Jello."
"On Thursday I happened to be located on the opposite side of the planet. It was also Friday."

Aw, that's too bad. But I have just the thing to make your day! I keep all the broadcasts posted and available online for you to watch so you can catch up for these very reasons.

Check out the broadcast archive.

Completed Shows:
Oruchuban Ebichu
Princess Tutu
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Paranoia Agent
Azumanga Daioh
Kaiba
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Paprika
Windy Tales
Seto no Hanayome
Seto no Hanayome OVA
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
Planetes
Twin Spica
R.O.D: Read or Die
Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu
Yoshitaka Amano's 1001 Nights
Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Deluxe
Melody of Oblivion
Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Final
R.O.D: The TV
Cromartie High
Katanagatari
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Photon: The Idiot Adventures
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Zegapain
2x2=Shinobuden
Bakemonogatari
Summer Wars
Dokkoida
Black Heaven
Magipoka
NieA Under 7
Squid Girl
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Hidamari Sketch
Welcome to the Space Show
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Basquash!
Ouran High School Host Club
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
Porco Rosso
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Fantastic Children
Astro Fighter Sunred
A Tree of Palme
Catnapped
Robot Carnival

WE ARE CURRENTLY WATCHING:

____

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jun 28, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:26 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2010, 11:26 AM #2 of 369
As of right now, I can't make either of those times, but a group gathering to watch stuff is always a fun idea, which is why Tails' simulwatches got attention.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:30 PM #3 of 369
Well I'm thinking of uploading the entire showing for Tuesday and Thursday each week either as groups of individual episodes or use procaster to record the show to my computer and then upload that for people to download. So you could download that at your leisure if you missed the show or just can't make it but still want to follow along simulwatch style. Would that work for you?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

LIAR

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:35 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2010, 11:35 AM #4 of 369
That would be awesome actually.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2010, 03:14 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2010, 01:14 PM #5 of 369
I wish there is real time stream chat for stuff on Hulu or CrunchyRoll, I wouldn't mind watching Gintama while chatting with friends. lol

I was speaking idiomatically.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 04:59 PM #6 of 369
Just to back up what I said in the last post I've created a test broadcast recording that lasts around 2 minutes of me skipping around two episodes of Astroboy 2003. If it's this easy then posting recordings of Tuesday and Thursday nights will be cake.

Check it out - http://www.thegond.com/gff/animeclub/test/

Now here's my question - do you want it to automatically play when opened or not?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 11, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2010, 05:21 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 12:21 AM #7 of 369
Ebichu please, i will watch then.

no homo
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:25 PM #8 of 369
Autoplay is generally shitty; however, nobody will be navigating to drunkgff/animeclub without knowing what they're going there for. It's like an individual youtube page; the video is the main content. Especially considering how many times you had to remind people that autoplay was disabled on drunkgff last night, I think autoplay is probably better.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:37 PM #9 of 369
Yeah, I'm gonna agree with that. I've updated that page and drunkgff's page accordingly.

Boo has suggested Planetes and Dokkoida. I might as well tell you my picks - Princess Tutu, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and Hare+Guu. I will select one of my picks and deliberate on two others that you guys have and will suggest.

Are you guys up for starting this Tuesday night? =o

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

LIAR

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:36 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 06:36 AM #10 of 369
F yeah, Guu is awesome. I recommend doing it, though you'll want to make sure the people who are watching it are either stoned, or enjoy complete randomness.

My roommate is letting me borrow the Tylor dvds, but haven't sat down to watch them yet.

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:10 AM 1 #11 of 369
I've been busy doing some copy pasting and tweaking of the drink on webpage to create an adjusted layout for dis anime club ting.

GFF ANIME CLUB - GAR MOE FUN FARTS YEAH

Click on it check it out! Now with more ponies as requested by Infernal. <3

The Tutu, Ebichu, and Tylor images are meant to be temporary placeholders but if I don't get some good suggestions then I might just make that the line up.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:38 PM #12 of 369
Whats your time zone again Acer. I'm trying to figure out if I could participate from Korea.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:41 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 07:41 PM #13 of 369
I'm all for this! But why DBZ of all things? Is it at least the re-done version that supercompresses it to a semi-tolerable length?

Haven't seen Azumanga or Bebop in AGES. I'd be all over this

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:35 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 07:35 PM #14 of 369
Planetes would be great. When is this thing going to start? Or what.

Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:48 PM #15 of 369
Whats your time zone again Acer. I'm trying to figure out if I could participate from Korea.
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

What's your time zone, Hyde?

I'm all for this! But why DBZ of all things? Is it at least the re-done version that supercompresses it to a semi-tolerable length?

Haven't seen Azumanga or Bebop in AGES. I'd be all over this
Gech, those were just examples of what the line up could be. I'm probably not going to do super long series like DBZ or One Piece. Azumanga Daioh and Cowboy Bebop would be appropriate in length though. Of course there will probably be exceptions.

Planetes would be great. When is this thing going to start? Or what.
I'm gearing up to start tomorrow at 8 PM EST. I will post a couple example time zones in the opening post when I update it with more details.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:51 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 08:51 PM 1 #16 of 369
Kaleido Star is awesome and anyone who objects to watching it should just fucking leave.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:04 PM #17 of 369
GMT: +9 hours

Seoul, SK

coeccias
Her default movement speed is running isn't it?

Member 197

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:01 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 08:01 PM #18 of 369
I have installed a new driver for my wireless adapter, so I may be able to participate.

packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:11 PM #19 of 369
I'd be more inclined to participate if the shows being nominated weren't things I've already seen. Its almost as if they stopped making good anime when my interest in it dwindled.

Oh wait...

How ya doing, buddy?

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:21 PM #20 of 369
When did you stop watching?

#654: Braixen
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:41 PM #21 of 369
I was speaking mostly in jest, but if you must know, I think I stopped keeping up with anime around 2008.
My loss of interest could probably be blamed on the seeming impossibility of anything topping Gurren Lagann.
It was pretty much "Huh, well, I guess that concludes anime."

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:16 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2010, 11:16 PM #22 of 369
Kaleido Star is awesome and anyone who objects to watching it should just fucking leave.
Let's bring this up again, shall we

But I'm pretty gun-ho on giving Bebop another run-through. It's a pretty awesome series.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Last edited by Gechmir; Jul 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:27 PM #23 of 369
I was speaking mostly in jest, but if you must know, I think I stopped keeping up with anime around 2008.
My loss of interest could probably be blamed on the seeming impossibility of anything topping Gurren Lagann.
It was pretty much "Huh, well, I guess that concludes anime."

lol Gurren Lagann. Anyway let me give you a list of all the awesome you have missed since 08!

Kanokon
Kemeko DX!
Rosario + Vampire
Strike Witches
Akikan!
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!
Kampfer
Queen's Blade
Ladies vs Butlers!
Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Look at any of those and tell me anime isn't still worth watching.

(go watch Kaleido Star, Gech you faggot)

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:23 AM #24 of 369
I HAVE UPDATED THE OPENING POST. I THINK IT'S PRETTY GOOD.

Kaleido Star is wonderful. I think it would be perfect to take Princess Tutu's slot after that's completed considering same director and character design and such.

GMT: +9 hours

Seoul, SK
I created a time zone list with Seoul included. Thanks! =)

I have installed a new driver for my wireless adapter, so I may be able to participate.
EXCELLENT! =D

I'd be more inclined to participate if the shows being nominated weren't things I've already seen. Its almost as if they stopped making good anime when my interest in it dwindled.

Oh wait...
Well to be honest I haven't been watching a hell of a lot of anime either. I attribute that to not being able to watch it with anyone which is always more fun for me. Perhaps even though you've seen these shows before it'll be enjoyable doing so with GFF and respark the passion you once had. Besides it's not terrible to revisit good shows.

Let's bring this up again, shall we

But I'm pretty gun-ho on giving Bebop another run-through. It's a pretty awesome series.
We'll have to see. As much as I'd like to run everything forever there are 4 episodes for a series shown a week. That means it could take six weeks to get through a show unless you guys want to adjust it to 3 episodes per series and make this thing run for three hours instead. It's your call. I'm okay with staying up until eleven doing this thing. Please let me know whether you'd rather do six or nine episodes a night. Problem with nine episodes is that it makes catch-up a real bitch.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Jul 13, 2010, 05:59 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2010, 05:59 PM #25 of 369
Acer, nice choice of anime! Been long time since I watched Tutu and it's definitely one of the greatest anime ever!

Not Desmond Tutu, for others --'

lol Gurren Lagann. Anyway let me give you a list of all the awesome you have missed since 08!

Look at any of those and tell me anime isn't still worth watching.
Quote:
Kanokon
Eh...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] GFF Anime Club