Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:20 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2009, 01:20 AM #326 of 336
Yeah, episode 13 had that little confrontation in Tsuruya's house (funny how we never see anyone's parents around).
Spoiler:
The new contact lens was hilarious - Mikuru hardly got a blink before Nagato zipped in and floored her. So the new contact lens gave Mikuru the mono-filament abilities of Walter C. Dornez? Don't recall that from the novel...

I liked the confrontation here, it seemed more like the kind of reaction you'd expect from a nice guy like Kyon. And I felt Haruhi's initial shocked reaction was something missing from the book.

Next episode: Shamisen!!

Yay!!

Most amazing jew boots
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 02:22 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2009, 09:22 PM 1 #327 of 336
Bah, I was expecting a good slap on the bitch's face, she had it coming.

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:13 PM #328 of 336
That aside, the sighs arc is finally over. To be honest, I had no problem with this bitch at all. Kyon was able to straighten everyone's problems, everything is back to normal..I guess. Then the ending seemed like a continuation of the last ep of season 1 ( adding 3-4 mins.. I don't remember). Overall , decent shit. I also liked how they piled all the good music in the right scenes.

5/5 BD's. So the next one is the Vanishing huh ?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:16 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2009, 01:16 PM #329 of 336
We still got 4 weeks of old episodes from the first broadcast.

The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00" (The film they made.) Live ALive, The Day of Sagittarius, and Someday in The Rain.

After that... Let us hope they announce Disappearance.

EDIT: Ep 00 aired, along with a commercial for a friggin Endless 8 box set. Four Whopping Disks.

I wonder how THAT is gonna sell in Japan.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:07 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2009, 12:07 AM #330 of 336
So, it looks like Disappearance is gonna be a movie and it won't be out until spring 2010.....

Random Curiosity - Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi announced

Crappy, useless trailer included...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:38 AM #331 of 336
Seriously, I'm not sure if they're trying to perfect the series, or just milk every drop they can. I heard about all the good things to come and I have yet to see any of it, there were a few scenes here and there that got my interest but then it just went to drag on again.
This was the worst hyped series, seriously.

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 05:17 AM #332 of 336
A movie may not be that bad after all. Unlike some people, I was never hyped up for this shit anyway. There are better shows out there. Just less serious and too many big eye'd characters.

Besides that shit, a movie is a better idea so that nothing else drags on. It should come directly from the novel =/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 04:05 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 01:05 PM #333 of 336
Goddamit, that means it takes even longer for fans in the West to see it. You can't fansub a film untill its out on DVD.

Well at least they announced something this time around instead of making us wait. And a movie budget Disappearance will make it even more awesome. That book is the most mind bending volume I've seen in the series.

These posts I found on Animesuki did make interesting points on the previous marketing schemes however:

Quote:
On another note, if Disappearance was determined to be a movie long ago, it explains two things:

1. Why Haruhi was entirely reaired with extra episodes, in order to make sure as many people as possible know the Haruhi backstory before Disappearance starts. Hell, even Endless Eight offers some official explanation for the movie's plot.

2. Why Newtype claimed that Haruhi season 2 was rebooted/cancelled; it could have been true, if the decision to make a movie means things have to be shuffled around.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=32

Quote:
You're right that we can't know, but this fits all the evidence. It may very well have been that they were planning on doing a second season in the style of the first, with Disappearance as the centerpiece. But then, a decision was made to make Disappearance into a movie. In order to set the stage for the movie, and to keep the story fresh in people's minds, they came up with the idea of the re-airing. Note that, at the same time, they announced a staffing change. It may very well be (we'll see), that the director of the first season was assigned to work on the movie, while they appointed a new director to work on the TV series that would accompany the re-launch. Also of note, possibly, is the way that they cut the 5-episode closing arc of the re-airing as if it were just one giant movie split into arbitrary episodes. Perhaps, from a production perspective, they worked on it in a similar way as a sort of experiment/training ground -- who knows...

Anyway, it's fun to speculate, but I think we can probably agree that this announcement helps bring some sense and logic to the re-airing on a whole (specific details about how they did it aside).

Edit: You know, now that I think about it, let's say they had already planned/booked for a new 14 episode season under the premise that Disappearance would be included as a 6-episode arc. And then someone from on high said "you know what, we're going to make Disappearance a movie instead". Now all of a sudden they have 6 episode slots to fill that have to be chronologically prior to the movie (which is going to be the "big reveal" at the end of the re-broadcast). What to do to fill the time? Hence... Of course there are some obvious problems with that theory (like, they could probably have just shortened the broadcast run, unless it was already set in stone I guess...) but as I said, it's fun to speculate.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=35

Quote:
The puzzling recent Newtype article on Haruhi makes sense in retrospect. It was the one with both normal and alternate Yuki in the graphics. At first it looked like an announcement for Disappearance, but instead it was reiterating the existence of the novel version of Disappearance... The novel that has been available for years, and as such did not warrant advertising space.

Now we know, the article was indirectly promoting the movie, except the NT magazine wasn't allowed to talk about it until AFTER the last episode of the re-run finishes
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=36

I was speaking idiomatically.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:27 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2010, 11:27 PM #334 of 336
Meh, can't remember if this was the trailer I mentioned back in October last year, but here it is for your viewing pleasure:

YouTube Video

Despite the profound disappointment I felt with Endless Eight, I am once again starting to look forward to seeing this movie. When is the DVD coming out anyway?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2010, 02:24 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2010, 03:24 AM #335 of 336
Well, finally got round to watching the movie last night. I don't know if it was because of the letdown from Endless Eight or if it's because I had to wait so godamn long, but I found the movie to be pretty much meh.

Pretty much everything from the novel is there and it had it's moments of chuckles. The helplessness that Kyon experiences is conveyed pretty well. It seemed like a good movie, yet why did I not like it? Was it because I already knew the story and expected too much? I don't know. Anybody else see the movie? Anyone care?

By the way, what was that bit at the end about, after the credits end?

FELIPE NO
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:05 PM #336 of 336
Pretty sure KyoAni lost all their punch for Haruhi when they couldn't produce a second and more than likely third season in a timely fashion. Does anyone care about Rozen Maiden anymore? It shared similar popularity and now I rarely see it anywhere.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya