Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Return of the King - Complete Recordings, November 6

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:39 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2007, 07:39 PM #1 of 6
The Return of the King - Complete Recordings, November 6

Heeeere it comes!

Quote:
Howard Shore’s complete Oscar-winning score for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, from the epic film trilogy The Lord of the Rings, will be available in a deluxe five-disc edition from Reprise/WMG Soundtracks on November 6, 2007.

This historic release contains 3 hours and 50 minutes of music on four CDs, comprising the full score of the 2003 film.
Howard Shore: News

The 5th disc being the DVD audio, of course. Man I can't wait for this. I expect the price to be much higher than the previous releases, but whatever man, this is my personal favorite of the three.

I'm in a graduate filmscoring program and one of my colleagues is good friends with Doug Adams, the guy who writes the accompanying booklets that dissect the music more extensively than any liner notes I've ever seen. Pretty NEAT!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2007, 09:46 AM Local time: Sep 13, 2007, 03:46 PM #2 of 6
Fuck. Yes.

I've been waiting for this for months.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:10 AM Local time: Sep 13, 2007, 03:10 PM #3 of 6
Funny how I was just talking about this to a friend half an hour ago.

I wait for the release of them every year, yet there price is seriously too high. I have the first, am hoping to complete my collection some time

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Top Dollar
Still Alive And Kickin'!

Member 546

Level 9.70

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: Sep 13, 2007, 05:42 PM #4 of 6
Yep, that's indeed great news. But something bothers me: (I know it's just a nitpick, but still...) why did they had to go out-of-sync to the Extended Edition DVDs regarding the color? DVDs: FOTR=green, TTT=red, ROTK=blue; CDs: FOTR=red, TTT=blue, ROTK=green. It's just that the packages of both look similar and it would have fit nicely with my DVDs (since the format of the Complete Recordings doesn't allow usual CD storage anyway).

I remember reading somewhere on the FSM board that after ROTK:CR, we will be treated with a last set containing unreleased stuff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2007, 04:09 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2007, 09:09 PM #5 of 6
Sounds exciting Top Dollar

But then again I remember them saying they were releasing bloopers etc on the final ROTK extended edition but never did... That would have been great heh

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2007, 05:57 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2007, 03:57 PM #6 of 6
I remember reading somewhere on the FSM board that after ROTK:CR, we will be treated with a last set containing unreleased stuff.
From what I gathered, it's a CD that'll be released along with Adams' The Music of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy book.

Regarding the color change, I actually really like it. Despite the color associations they established with the DVD releases, for some reason these switched colors seem appropriate for the scores. Can't explain it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Return of the King - Complete Recordings, November 6