Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Octopus in a Shark Tank!

Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:01 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 09:01 AM #1 of 14
Octopus in a Shark Tank!

With unexpected results.

Side note: Found this after seeing a side-link on my hotmail page but since I use foxfire, I had to find the video by other means. Needless to say, I'm still surprised by what I saw.

How ya doing, buddy?

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:48 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 11:48 AM #2 of 14
Wow, that's certainly interesting info, and more reason for me not to want to go out to the ocean lol. And I thought jellyfish were bad.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:02 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 07:02 PM #3 of 14
Poor ickle shark. I like sharks specially hammer head 'cause they look funny
i don't like octopus' they give me the hibbie jeebies just like jelly fish. They should go to the deepest part of the ocean and stay there for ever and ever!!!!!

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 03:58 PM #4 of 14
Why are all of the nastiest looking creatures at the bottom of the sea? I mean how come there aren't any hideous things on the surface too, or even on land.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 04:22 PM #5 of 14
maybe because so deep there's no light or almost none, so all species that grow there don't need all color or need to look somewhat atractive, because they probably don't "act" with they sight sens...

I don,t know that's what I think XD

I was speaking idiomatically.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 04:29 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 02:29 PM #6 of 14
Octopuses are extremely intelligent, I'm not surprised it was able to take all the sharks. Another thing is that a shark (most sharks, I think) must remain moving at all times in order to breathe, so once the octopus immobilized the shark, it was only a matter of time until it simply passed out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:33 PM #7 of 14
Im not suprised, but I dont think that was "unexpected" other wise the shots wouldnt be as planned and zoomed and clear as they were. Interesting stuff though none the less. Its crazy how such small creatures can kill monsters (non venomous of course). Up here they are these little eel's called Lamprey, they latch on to bigger fish like Lake Trout and so forth and suck the blood out of them and eventually kills the fish.

http://www.nwrc.usgs.gov/world/images/lamprey.jpg

http://www.nature.com/news/2004/0407...es/lamprey.jpg

http://biology.usgs.gov/s+t/SNT/lrgimage/gl129f04.jpg

How ya doing, buddy?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 08:43 AM #8 of 14
The link in the first post is awfully familiar. I'm sure someone posted this in a thread or the Google video thread before the boards went down.

As for the octopus killing the shark, I'd assume the shark is to become food for the oct, either that or it's self defence; say maybe during the day, some sharks attacks the oct. Therefore it kills at night. Unlike humans, these are the only motives that an animal has when they kill.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 03:40 AM #9 of 14
Spiders are pretty hideous.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:28 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 11:28 PM #10 of 14
Huh, wow. That's the first time I've seen a cephalopod kill a freaking shark.
Hmm.
Well if the giant squid can defend itself or even kill sperm whales then it makes sense a three foot octopus is able attack a shark of similar size. The octopus is a carnivore too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:04 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 04:04 AM #11 of 14
Am I the only one who finds octopuses more than a little creepy when they see stuff like this? Granted its pretty awesome, but still. The things are like giant solid ameobas with beaks >_<

Originally Posted by Eleo
Why are all of the nastiest looking creatures at the bottom of the sea? I mean how come there aren't any hideous things on the surface too, or even on land.
I've heard that the deeper you go, the more bizarre and outlandish they get. Because of the harsh environments some of the ugliest fish have skin like jelly, eyes like tractor trailer headlights, and incredibly erratatic bone and musculature.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Octopus in a Shark Tank!