Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Strongest aspect of politics.

LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:40 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 10:40 AM #1 of 6
Strongest aspect of politics.

Politics covers a wide area of social interaction. I'm not big on studying the minute details of this subject but I appreciate the games people play in this area of our lives.

What do you think is the strongest aspect of politics?

I'm a professional artist and one thing I take notice of is the use of advertising and the use of art in getting the message out and making concepts more easily absorbed.

Propaganda art, logo design, flags, cartoons, ect. I think this aspect of politics forms the backbone of the political sphere.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:28 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 12:28 PM #2 of 6
Propaganda is certainly the most effective, though people don't have the stomach for it anymore (in its overt forms anyways). The Battleship Potemkin is the defining propaganda film. Not only because it also doubles as a pretty good film, but because its most famous scene, the massacre on the Odessa steps, is referred to as a historic event even though it never happened.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:00 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 02:00 PM #3 of 6
I love democracy. It's fun I think. I enjoy when election times come up, because I have tons of choices for who to vote for. I enjoy reading up on all the various platforms and goals and promises and such. I think that is a strong aspect of politics. Whether or not the politicians are being honest or not, it's very easy to find out what they stand for and what they are working towards. I imagine that goes towards helping their campaign, but even when it's not election time, you can research the different political parties and come up with tons of information about them. That makes it easier for people like me who don't follow the news, or watch much tv to still have a somewhat solid idea of who to vote for.

Most amazing jew boots
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 04:49 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 02:49 PM #4 of 6
Economics.

Empires have been founded based upon territory and wealth. Wars have been fought between countries over those resources. Diplomatic relations often are decided by it. Finally, all modern industrial nation-states were founded on some form of protectionism.

All within the sphere of economics. It's practically the only thing I understand about the world.

I like the artist's viewpoint though. Politics wouldn't work without some form of social engineering. Flags and propaganda would all be apart of that. I just wonder what a mechanic or engineer would think.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 31, 2007, 06:51 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 04:51 PM #5 of 6
Engineers just think it's a bunch of bullshit supported by people that like to hear themselves talk.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:52 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2007, 11:52 PM #6 of 6
Strongest aspect of politics? Bullshitting, without a question. To convince people that their votes matter and that its all going to be okay in the end because they voted for the "right" person... Politics is convincing people that they can make a difference, when in fact their relative input is quite minute in terms of impact.

However, bullshit keeps heads from rolling. Bullshit gives people faith that the situation is going to improve and bullshit keeps a sense of order...and control over the masses.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Strongest aspect of politics.