Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 03:29 AM #426 of 496
Hey Jazzflight, you told me wrong. I watched Episode 1 Season 4 last night and Audrey was already together with Jack. In which episode in Season 3 was her first appearance?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 03:36 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 12:36 AM #427 of 496
Sir, he told you right. That is her first appearance in the series.

A lot of time passed between seasons 3 and 4.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:17 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 03:17 AM #428 of 496
Yeah, even if you want to be real specific, her first appearance was in the season 4 prequel that was only on the season 3 DVD, but even that was just the night before the start of season 4. They had obviously met and gotten together sometime before that, during a time which isn't covered in the series (since each season is like a year to 18 months after the previous season).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 08:43 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 06:43 PM #429 of 496
You'll get to bang her in 24: The Game 2.

Unfortunately, for the most part, this game is much less action-packed and instead focuses on a Sims style gameplay of filing papers and figuring out what you want to buy for lunch from the cafeteria.

I was speaking idiomatically.
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:37 PM #430 of 496
I was totally loving thise season of 24, but I have to be honest, these last eps aren't making me all that happy. Like others have said, there haven't been any big twists or surprises in old 24 tradition. I really hope tonight's episode has something big in store.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 01:58 PM #431 of 496
Episodes. Don't forget tonight's the season finale with two episodes starting at 8:00.

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 04:21 PM #432 of 496
The sabres game is on though and then I have to do things all day tuesday. So 24 2 HOURS WEDNESDAY HOLLLLLLLLLLA

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 06:46 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 04:46 PM #433 of 496
I should ban you from the thread for such blasphemy.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 08:58 PM #434 of 496
We can post spoilers after eps are aired right? because holy shit, awesome way to end the season...kinda forgot about the chinese for the past few eps lol. Im guessing Curtis or something will be the star of the next season? we will see lol.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 07:05 PM #435 of 496
I just came.

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:08 PM #436 of 496
hahah, my sister said 5 bucks that it was the la li lu le lo but i saw the eyes of the masked people and knew who it was. CLIFFHANGER'D

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 08:20 PM #437 of 496
Eh, I wouldn't say that was one of the best finales of the series. It was good, no doubt, but it doesn't even go near the finales of the previous seasons.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say right off that I predicted the fact that Jack bugged Logan. As soon as he didn't shoot him, I said to myself that he somehow planted a bug on Logan. Lo and behold, I was right, which of course detracted from the whole situation. It still played out well, but I was disappointed that I was able to correctly predict what would happen.

But I knew when a Chinese guy came up to Jack, telling him his daughter was on the phone inside the building, everybody should have predicted who was behind that. It was a good way to end the season though, and I hope they actually utilize it more next season than they did last season's finale this year (Jack's "death" really only factored into the first couple of episodes this season).

As for the rest of the episode, it was mainly just classic 24 material. That's in no way bad, but I usually expect a little more from the finale. Good season overall, but definitely not my favorite.

Most amazing jew boots
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:29 PM #438 of 496
The whole "Jack bugs Logan" thing was telegraphed a mile away. As dumb as he is, even Logan should have figured out that Jack would try something like that. The only redeeming part of that storyline was the look on the First Lady's face as Logan was led away, showing that she was in on that part of the plan. And while we're on the subject, why didn't Jack wear a wire and record what Logan said on the helicopter? He was saying some incriminating things there, not under duress, and that could have been used as evidence.

After all Jack has faced, he couldn't take out a few Chinese ninjas, or even make enough noise to attract the SWAT team's attention? And when in the series have they ever patched a call through to a landline? Wouldn't Jack get suspicious when they didn't hand him a cellphone, and he could just walk somewhere else for some privacy?

How ya doing, buddy?
Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:52 PM #439 of 496
Overall the ending was quite good if very predictable…but despite the bug on Logan being very predictable I didn’t see it coming (No I’m not dumb, I was distracted by a pile of readings I have to do for tomorrow mornings class and shouldn’t have been wasting time watching tv…speaking of which I really shouldn’t be wasting even more time by talking about it now) so this made it more enjoyable then it really should have been. (weird, I feel guilt for enjoying the episode more then everyone else did).

I did predictable the ending, but predictable or not it was the right way to end everything.

Looking at the season as a whole: I had low expectations for this season after season four but the series redeemed itself. The writers had to drag the series up by brute force via the massive massacre that was the first episode but it worked. Looking at the bad, all my compliments basically come from a problem the series had since day one. The show depends on fast paced, adrenaline fueled, punch in the gut drama unfortunately as the show goes on certain twists could have really benefited from a more delicate, planned approach. The writers are great with a sledgehammer and a hatchet but are lousy at using a scalpel. Anyway enough procrastination for me.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Dan; May 22, 2006 at 09:55 PM.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:53 PM #440 of 496
Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
The whole "Jack bugs Logan" thing was telegraphed a mile away. As dumb as he is, even Logan should have figured out that Jack would try something like that. The only redeeming part of that storyline was the look on the First Lady's face as Logan was led away, showing that she was in on that part of the plan. And while we're on the subject, why didn't Jack wear a wire and record what Logan said on the helicopter? He was saying some incriminating things there, not under duress, and that could have been used as evidence.
Well, the helicopter noise would've made the recording seem fake. Also, if you look at Mike Novik behind Martha, he has the biggest grin on his face. It's great, hahaah

Quote:
After all Jack has faced, he couldn't take out a few Chinese ninjas, or even make enough noise to attract the SWAT team's attention? And when in the series have they ever patched a call through to a landline? Wouldn't Jack get suspicious when they didn't hand him a cellphone, and he could just walk somewhere else for some privacy?
He just owned the president, got the chick, and he thinks his daughter has forgiven him and is calling him. He's so happy that he let his guard down and didn't see it coming.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:07 PM #441 of 496
I'm surprised it took the Chinese so long to do something. At the start of the season I thought that the Chinese would be a problem for the second half of the season. I thought that Kim would be kidnaped by the Chinese as she was leaving the city after being at CTU. Although I liked the season, I have to say it's my least favorite of the five. There seemed to be too many coincidences. Can't wait for next season. January 2007 seems so far away.

xman25

Jam it back in, in the dark.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:38 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 09:38 PM #442 of 496
Well, in all fairness, the Chinese probably couldn't have even found out about Jack for at least a few hours into the season. To pick up a guy less than a day after anyone knows he's alive again? That's pretty damn quick.

Good, but predictable finale.

I've been trying to consider what next season will be like. I mean, it would seem like the Chinese would be extracting Jack to China...so they'll send a team in to fish him out? And then it wouldn't really be terrorism so it wouldn't make sense if CTU was involved, which doesn't make sense because why start a love interest between Karen and Bill? So maybe it starts like, NOW, and they try and get Jack back from the Chinese before he leaves, but then that'd almost be too easy. And it's not like Jack is getting out of anything on his own, so who will rescue him? Curtis? Curtis wasn't even on once after he got shot.

They've painted themselves into a bit of a corner, it should be interesting to see if they can get out believably.

and Brandy does her best to understand
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:01 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:01 PM #443 of 496
Quote:
Did you really think we would forget?
Haha. That was pretty much the writers speaking to most of the 24 crowd who were bitching about the apparently lack of Chinese attention the whole season.

Bah! Chinese spies everywhere. I'm not that surprised.

I'm also calling it now. Aaron saves Jack. He's proven himself untouchable.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:06 AM #444 of 496
Originally Posted by jouhou
He just owned the president, got the chick, and he thinks his daughter has forgiven him and is calling him. He's so happy that he let his guard down and didn't see it coming.
Not to mention after 24 hours of straight ass-kicking after coming back from the dead, the poor man must be pretty god damn tired.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:11 PM #445 of 496
I was still waiting for Miles to get kicked in the nuts at the end.

Also, was it just me, or did it look like Jack shot Henderson in the legs? The gun seemed pointed way too far down to nail him in the stomach/chest or somewhere else that should have taken him out so fast.

Finally, I don't know why, but the Chinese dude that did the talking at the end of the episode reminded me a lot of the Smoking Man from the X-Files. No idea why, he just did (and the panning out from the ship at the end totally felt X-Filesy, too).

I was speaking idiomatically.
AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:12 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 11:12 PM #446 of 496
Logan is a (temporarily) sex machine

Chloe was married previously?! Holy shocknuts. I like that dude though, and their conversation when he originally arrived was classic.

January is too damn long from now and I'm tired ATM. Henderson should've gotten three shots...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:13 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 09:13 PM #447 of 496
Quote:
And while we're on the subject, why didn't Jack wear a wire and record what Logan said on the helicopter? He was saying some incriminating things there, not under duress, and that could have been used as evidence.
Jack didn't have anything to record with until Chloe's ex-husband made contact with him and gave him the stuff from CTU after they landed at the safe location.

I guess I'm with the FEW people who didn't see the "Jack bugged the Prez" thing coming. I didn't know how they were gonna get a confession out of the prez after Jack failed the interrogation, so I was PRETTY DAMN PISSED up until the last 30 mins of the finale. As soon as I heard Chloe talk about another recording with the Defense dude, I was clapping and shouting with joy, I'm sooo not lying. Revenge is soooo sweet.

As for the Chinese, I had them on my mind the whole two hours. I just thought Jack was gonna disappear again. I even thought the guys who kidnapped Jack at the phone were Curtis and some other people trying to help him go into hiding, but that was kinda ridiculous.

So Jack's too valuable for the Chinese to kill, eh? I'm thinking they're gonna use him to do some dirty stuff, perhaps. Who the heck knows. I was kinda pissed that the "preview" at the end showed nothing but a recap of what we already saw, and a big "ANOTHER HOUR BEGINS IN JANUARY 2007!" C'mon FOX! Gimme something to salivate over other than mere words. ;_;

FELIPE NO
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:17 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 11:17 PM #448 of 496
Ahh, that was good! Haha, loved the smiles on Mike and Martha's faces when Logan got hauled off.

Good end too, kinda predictable that something bad was going to happen as soon as you saw the area where the phone was (no way they were gonna end it on a happy note). Ahh and the chinese, I knew it! Should be interesting to see how they get Jack out of that. There's still that thing with the german Interpol agent (not sure if he was interpol, but the guy that was doing the undercover job on that programmer girl way back), and the "Patriots" (La Li Lu Le Lo) too. Mmm, next season should be interesting.

Oh, Chloe and Morris, I'm predicting that they'll be getting back together or something.

BTW, did anyone else have audio problems when they were watching the episode? For some reason the audio kept getting hiccups, hopefully they'll reair the episodes (guessing it was the station's feed, damn Global).

How ya doing, buddy?
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 09:33 PM #449 of 496
OMFG i am very upset, chinese people are assholes, and apparently, they never forget...I think this is the most intense season finally since they made us belive that David Palmer died from a handshake. I am interested to see what Seaosn 6 has for us...but then in realaity...i am going to have to dirive myself from any 'chinese' contact for a while. (i get to far into that show sometimes).

Speaking of which, 24 the movie in 2008?
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The series is currently between its fifth and sixth seasons. In April 2006, 20th Century Fox Television renewed Sutherland's contract through season eight, but has only renewed the series through season six. A movie version is planned for 2008.
Spoiler:

I BLAME ALL THIS ON NINA! I DON'T CARE IF SHE IS 'DEAD' OR NOT, IT IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE HER FAULT!!

Double Post:
Originally Posted by AC1
Logan is a (temporarily) sex machine

Chloe was married previously?! Holy shocknuts. I like that dude though, and their conversation when he originally arrived was classic.

January is too damn long from now and I'm tired ATM. Henderson should've gotten three shots...
Yea..for some reason i have never thought someone like chloe could get married
"Do you Chloe, take his man to be your husband?"
"Are you just trying to slow me down?"
"um...what?"
"Because you are doing a really good job of it!"
lol, Chloe is the biggest jerk on that whole show...i wonder if she will return for season 6?

Oh, and don't forget about Bucannon, that mans a pimp!
"Hey, wanna go get some breakfest at 7am in the morning after we have been awake for 24 hours and finding out that the president of the US is a traitor, you closest friend/employee was also a trator and that i just watched almost 95% of my workforce die to nerve gas?"
"Um...how about a rain check?"

Most amazing jew boots

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!

Last edited by NaklsonofNakkl; May 23, 2006 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:50 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:50 PM #450 of 496
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Also, was it just me, or did it look like Jack shot Henderson in the legs? The gun seemed pointed way too far down to nail him in the stomach/chest or somewhere else that should have taken him out so fast.
Eh, it doesn't really matter. Logan told his little consortium (I have a huge feeling they'll be around next season, for what, who knows) that Henderson was found dead at the scene. He couldn't have known that Jack killed him.

A movie version of 24? I don't think I could go to a theater for an entire day.

and Brandy does her best to understand

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion