Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Star Wars Games

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 03:30 PM Local time: May 27, 2007, 02:30 PM #1 of 11
Star Wars Games

1up.com has an article rating every Star Wars Game ever made:
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3159760

What are some of your favorite Star Wars games?

For me, Dark Forces was the first game that truly felt like an immersive Star Wars experience. We played Tie-Fighter in college a lot and it was quite fun, but Dark Forces ultimately had more of an impact upon me. I also enjoyed Dark Forces II - I tried playing through it again but I always get stuck in the same area where I can't find a way out, even using FAQs.

I have Empire Strikes Back on cartridge for SNES; it amazed me how they had they snowspeeder and cloudcar flying levels with the SNES hardware. Quite impressive!

Another favorite of mine is Rogue Squadron for PC. It was much more immersive than Tie-Fighter since you flew missions in levels on planets.

One game I never got to play, that I figured might be a lot like Dark Forces was the Shadows of the Empire game that was on N64 (was it on PC as well?) I wish I had gotten to play that.

The pod-racing games were ok; the Dreamcast one had poor handling but the PS2 version, Racer Revenge, is quite entertaining if you like the concept.

EDIT: How could I fail to mention how awe-inspiringly bad Galaxies was. I vowed never again to purchase an MMORPG upon release. (Then later vowed never to purchase another mmorpg ever. )

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by speculative; May 27, 2007 at 03:34 PM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 03:52 PM #2 of 11
I can't read that article now, but one of the best games of all time is Tie Fighter, and the Collector's CD-ROM version made it even better. It'd be awesome if LA could give the game a remake.

Episode One: Racer was quite fun too, as well as Dark Forces. It's my favourite of the old-school FPS games, with actual mission objectives and stuff.

I haven't played many SW games, to be honest.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2007, 01:19 AM Local time: May 27, 2007, 11:19 PM #3 of 11
LOL, I like most of the Star Wars games that the article seems to hate.

SNES: Love the Super Star Wars trilogy, especially ROTJ. ANH & ESB were fun except you couldn't save your place in the game ...

I also love Shadows of the Empire (N64), The Phantom Menace game for PS1 (cheesy, but I enjoyed it loads more than the movie itself! LOL), and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for gamecube.

Unfortunately, I haven't really gotten into the PC games yet, like Knights of the Old Republic, even though they're probably the more superior games.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2007, 03:30 PM Local time: May 28, 2007, 02:30 PM #4 of 11
Everyone knows Lego Star Wars are the best of the best.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Servbot#42
Chocobo

Member 21590

Level 11.94

Mar 2007

Old May 29, 2007, 07:37 AM Local time: May 29, 2007, 02:37 PM #5 of 11
Lego Star Wars is very good. There are also some interesting Star Wars games for some of the older consoles.

I am just waiting for LucasArts to announce a Star Wars game for the Wii. It is going to happen sooner or later. Just imagine what the Light Saber battles will be like. It will be awesome!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 07:48 AM Local time: May 29, 2007, 01:48 PM #6 of 11
The two KOTOR games are, in my opinion two of the best games ever made, Star Wars or not. Other than that, the Lego games are awesome and TIE Fighter was pretty cool back in the day. I also really enjoyed the old SNES games but they were devillishly hard in places.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 08:40 AM Local time: May 29, 2007, 02:40 PM #7 of 11
I found LEGO Star Wars to be rather enjoyable. I also thought that the games for the SNES were also very good, as was the one for the NES.

I also thought that Rogue Squadron for N64 was good because it let me fly X-Wings, and take down At-ATs. But that last level was damn hard, I still haven't finished it yet.

FELIPE NO
Old May 29, 2007, 09:31 AM #8 of 11
lol they hated Rebel Assault II. That game was so much campy fun that if you ever find a copy you have to try it out. Terrible acting and really flimsy FMV controls via only the crappiest joysticks you can get your hands on (don't you dare think of using a nice logitech, go dig around in a trash bin from the 90s). God I loved that game. The first game on the other hand was really fucking hard but that's probably due to my terrible joystick.

The SNES titles were amazing but god were Super Star Wars and Super Empire Strikes Back hard in places. What a challenge.

My friend had the X-wing and Tie Fighter games back in the day. I could never get a feel of how to play the games but I watched him play them all the time and it was just awesome. I wish they'd recreate these games.

Just started playing Lego Star Wars II last night with a buddy of mine and holy shit it's hilarious and so much fun. Everyone should play this game.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 09:50 AM #9 of 11
Not really Star Wars related, but if Nintendo made a Star Fox game in the vein of X-Wing/Tie Fighter, it'd be the best SF game ever.

I have played the SNES Star Wars games and hell were they hard. Unfortunately, I've never played a single KoTR game.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 10:49 AM Local time: May 29, 2007, 08:49 AM #10 of 11
lol they hated Rebel Assault II. That game was so much campy fun that if you ever find a copy you have to try it out. Terrible acting and really flimsy FMV controls via only the crappiest joysticks you can get your hands on (don't you dare think of using a nice logitech, go dig around in a trash bin from the 90s). God I loved that game. The first game on the other hand was really fucking hard but that's probably due to my terrible joystick.
Did you get your copy of Rebel Assault with a Soundblaster CD-ROM? I remember it was our first CD drive for a computer and it came with a buttload of classic games (Theme Park and Syndicate to name a few) and had this awful joystick with blue buttons on it.

I still played the game tons, though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old May 29, 2007, 03:40 PM #11 of 11
I can't recall how I got the game. I did have a pretty craptastic joystick with teal buttons though.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Star Wars Games