Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Top 3 Upcoming Next Gen Games

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:25 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 01:25 AM #26 of 42
Originally Posted by Solis
Not being a port of a game from a 5 year old console would be a good start. I don't see how Twilight Princess on the Wii is a next gen game anymore than King Kong on the Xbox 360 was.?
I know it's been kept pretty quiet but did you know the Wii features a motion sensitive controller?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 08:22 PM #27 of 42
1. Twilight Princess - Been a big fan of Zelda games for years, but this one looks as if it could be something special.

2. FXIII - Seen a few bits here and there, and all I can say is WOW. This looks absolutely amazing.

3. Crysis - Another fantastic looking game. This looks as if it may be better than the first.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:06 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 09:06 PM #28 of 42
Originally Posted by RABicle
I know it's been kept pretty quiet but did you know the Wii features a motion sensitive controller?
Great...but that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not a game is just a port from an old system or not. But I think it's rather pointless to continue this argument in this thread since "next gen" obviously refers almost entirely to when a system has come out, not it's capabilities, so pretty much any game developed specifically for any new system can be considered a next gen game (unless you want to go by what Nintendo said when they stated that the Wii wasn't a next gen console).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 09:21 PM #29 of 42
Originally Posted by Solis
Great...but that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not a game is just a port from an old system or not. But I think it's rather pointless to continue this argument in this thread since "next gen" obviously refers almost entirely to when a system has come out, not it's capabilities, so pretty much any game developed specifically for any new system can be considered a next gen game (unless you want to go by what Nintendo said when they stated that the Wii wasn't a next gen console).
Not to side with the Nintendo Legion here, but, could you shut up.

I mean, you're saying a lot of shit, but it doesn't seem to add up to a lot more than that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 04:55 AM #30 of 42
Isn't everyone saying that the wii control of TP feels tacked on, as you might expect since it was an afterthought?

Twilight Princess is trans-gen.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 02:17 PM #31 of 42
I think the term's bullshit and indiscriminately employed, as nobody seems to offer anything more concrete than this notional feel-in-the-dark of its being CONSOLE ONLY, FUCKEN.

Which is ludicrous in itself, given that most of the past decade's industry-shaking innovation has happened on the PC.

How ya doing, buddy?
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE

Last edited by Cal; Oct 28, 2006 at 11:20 PM.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 07:35 AM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 11:05 PM #32 of 42
PC games? lol

Twilight Princess - As much as I am hating the fact it is on Wii and not GameCube, I could not think of anything more I'd like to do that sit back for and play this game.

Super Mario Galaxy - It's from the creator's of the best game this generation and from what I've seen already it looks great, but I'm sure there is still more in-store.

Excite Truck - BIG DAMN TRUCKS!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 07:05 PM #33 of 42
Narrow it down to only three, of the huge pile of greatness come 2007? UNPOSSIBLE!
I think I can manage to pick out three from different platforms though, that might actually prove to be the most fun in the long run:

Heatseeker, Wii.
Instant fun. Explosions, extreme maneuvering, last minute evades, and sky stunts.
Excite Truck came damn close, but this one's got JETS!

Gears of War, 360.
This one would have made me buy a 360 at launch.
Then I found out that it wasn't a fps. Oh, and it never made it to the launch. No deal!
But since then it's grown on me anyway, and it will definitely be one of my first games, once they put the new better cooled box on the marked.

Quake Wars, PC.
I always need my FPS fix. But when games such as HL2, Far Cry, Doom 3, F.E.A.R., Prey, Quake 4 and so on was completed, I relied on UT2004 for never ending multiplayer.
Quake Wars will deliver this fix in the future to fill in between the rest of the FPS killer apps. Sup Crysis.

How ya doing, buddy?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 02:36 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 03:36 AM #34 of 42
Originally Posted by Kolba
Isn't everyone saying that the wii control of TP feels tacked on, as you might expect since it was an afterthought?
Isn't everyone's impressions based off the E3 Demo? That was like 8 months ago and it's not like E3 get's the latest build.
The game has been completely reworked, I mean it's only had an extra 14 months devlopment time since the first reports were coming in that it was being moved to Wii.

Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 02:59 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 08:59 PM #35 of 42
Isn't everyone's impressions based off the E3 Demo? That was like 8 months ago and it's not like E3 get's the latest build.
The game has been completely reworked, I mean it's only had an extra 14 months devlopment time since the first reports were coming in that it was being moved to Wii.
According to Kilroy, TP's controls were clumsy and awkward at the time he played it at the London Nintendo Press Conference. That was last month. Hadn't they better get their arses in gear pretty sharpish if it's all going to turn out smelling of roses like you hope?

Anyway, I'll be fucking glad if it releases on Wii with unpolished controls. It might suggest more of that delay time has been used to actually get the games content up to scratch like we were promised. I don't give a shit about 'next-gen' or fancy new-fangled control schemes - I just want an ace Zelda game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 03:31 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 02:31 PM #36 of 42
You can't have an ace Zelda game without a deceont control scheme. No matter how good the content in TP is, it won't mean shit if the controls suck massive balls. But for every report of people saying it sucks, there is a report of people saying it's awesome. So 'eh.

That said:

Warhawk (PS3): The multiplayer in this looks like a fucking riot. Over 30 people in VTOL aircraft jumping out of their planes, running around and shooting on foot and then getting back in to participate in giant air battles sounds like a recipe for fun to me. A shame the price of admission is so high and I was unable to snag a PS3 preorder. :wontbeplayinguntilmarch:

Excite Truck (Wii): Because I'm a huge whore. Racing games get me riled up and racing games that look hilarious with a unique control scheme get me hard in the pants. So this is a no brainer. Less than a month left too. :excite(truck)d:

Afterburner (360): I don't even know if this is canned or not, but a long time ago there was talk of bringing AFTERBURNER back from the grave and putting it on the 360, which would be the GREATEST THING EVER. There was a short demo trailer over a year ago that really made me excited, but I haven't heard anything about it since then. If that doesn't count, then....

Project Sylpheed (360): A sequel to the Silpheed shmups, this looks like a full 3D space game akin to the awesome Colony Wars from days long past. It's published by Squarenix, and it's probably the only thing they are putting out in the next while that I honestly can get excited about. Chances of it making it over to yankee shores seems about 50-50 right now. So we'll see.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 04:15 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 10:15 PM #37 of 42
Originally Posted by DELTASABER
You can't have an ace Zelda game without a deceont control scheme. No matter how good the content in TP is, it won't mean shit if the controls suck massive balls.
I know. I meant on the gamecube.

I was speaking idiomatically.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2006, 04:03 PM #38 of 42
Originally Posted by NovaX
PC games? lol

Twilight Princess - As much as I am hating the fact it is on Wii and not GameCube...

What are you talking about? It's going to be both for GCN and the Wii

Mass Effect - I'm a big fan of Bioware and this game looks fantastic.

Bioshock - This game simply looks amazing and the gameplay teaser really got me wanting more of it.

Gears of War - Sure it's coming out soon, but it's still next generation.

Hmmm...all 360 games, I guess Microsoft is doing something right. I'm definitely getting a Wii, that's a no brainer, but the PS3 is meh right now. I'll wait and see about it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 07:17 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 10:47 AM #39 of 42
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
What are you talking about? It's going to be both for GCN and the Wii.
I am doubting the GameCube version will come anywhere near Australia, so as far as I am concerned it's only for Wii.

EDIT: Awesome, it looks like it is coming out for GC in Australia. My mistake.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by NovaX; Oct 29, 2006 at 07:23 PM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:56 AM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 08:56 PM #40 of 42
The GC version will clearly be the inferior one though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2006, 02:22 PM #41 of 42
Originally Posted by Kolba
I know. I meant on the gamecube.
Ah, my bad. Sorry about that.

I totally took your comment out of context and thought that you meant you could live with shitbox controls as long as the content was good.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 03:44 PM #42 of 42
1. Zelda - TP - I think that despite the new control scheme, it will still be a blast to play. The only thing I'm worried about is if sword combat is going to feel clunky. Other than that, I think the game is in very good hands and am expecting it to blow me away.

2. Bioshock - It just looks like such an interesting and crazy game. I can't help but ignore it.

3. GTA4 - I can't help but love the GTA series. I thought that San Andreas would be too daunting, but they handled it perfectly. I look forward to seeing what they can do with this game on the 360.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Top 3 Upcoming Next Gen Games