Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 280 Voting/WEEK 281 Nominating

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2013, 05:35 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2013, 03:35 PM #1 of 18
Song of the Week - WEEK 280 Voting/WEEK 281 Nominating

Song of the Week. 250 Weeks and counting.
Week 280 Voting was 1992.
Week 281 Nominating is open.

THEME WEEK: 1992 Week
This week was originally planned to feature any music written before 1995, but due to coincidences and widespread embracement of silliness, it is now devoted to music from games and albums released in 1992.

Results:
1). [22] Be filled with feeling - Chromatic Beast
2-t). [11/7] Devilish: The Next Possession (Game Rip) - Stage 2 - Clock Tower
2-t). [11/7] Pu.Li.Ru.La - BGM 7, On Sky and Cloud (Unused)
4). [10] Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar (Game Rip) - Space Walk - Stage 2-A
5). [9] Wolfchild (Amiga Game Rip) - Title
6). [5] G.I. Joe (Arcade Game Rip) - In The Jungle (Stage 4)
7). [4] The Island of Dr. Brain (Game Rip) - Map

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Be filled with feeling - Chromatic Beast
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Devilish: The Next Possession (Game Rip) - Stage 2 - Clock Tower
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: G.I. Joe (Arcade Game Rip) - In The Jungle (Stage 4)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar (Game Rip) - Space Walk - Stage 2-A
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Pu.Li.Ru.La - BGM 7, On Sky and Cloud (Unused)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: The Island of Dr. Brain (Game Rip) - Map
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Wolfchild (Amiga Game Rip) - Title

Track Notes:
The Island of Dr. Brain (Game Rip) - Map was originally encoded in Ogg Vorbis and has been transcoded to MP3 for compatibility with the Flash player. If this makes you scream in agony, the original file has been uploaded to the extras directory.

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 7 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Oct 16, 2013 at 02:42 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2013, 01:41 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2013, 11:41 PM #2 of 18
2 points: Be filled with feeling - Chromatic Beast
2 points: Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar (Game Rip) - Space Walk - Stage 2-A
1 point: G.I. Joe (Arcade Game Rip) - In The Jungle (Stage 4)
1 point: Pu.Li.Ru.La - BGM 7, On Sky and Cloud (Unused)
closest: Stage 2 - Clock Tower

SPACE WALK IS THE BEST THUNDER FORCE actually I was saying this three and a half years ago so thanks for being awesome Jolteon keep being awesome

I hadn't heard the arcade G.I. Joe soundtrack before this week, but this tune made me look up the rest and man, sure is Konami arcade music up in here. Darkcomet72 can you just keep nominating Konami arcade music for a while, I need more FM orchestra hits in my life.

<3333 karu.

I'm not giving the Dr. Brain tune any points, but I almost did solely on the basis of how I never knew it went on for more than 15 seconds until now. Wow this melody is still going.

I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of Amiga songs waiting a minute or two and then busting out the BIG TIME AMIGA MELODY like happens at 1:28 in the Wolfchild tune.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2013, 01:29 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2013, 11:29 PM #3 of 18
We've got five noms in the queue, so anyone who isn't absolutely dying to hear more Manikyua-Dan may want to nominate something that isn't a comedy song with atrocious singing.

I think the next song is going to be Nobuyoshi Sano bragging about the totally decked out computer he put together while Hiroto Sasaki yells out some stuff in falsetto in the background.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2013, 02:40 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2013, 12:40 AM #4 of 18
Oh whoops, it turns out that 280 is evenly divisible by 8, so it's a battle next time anyway. But thanks!

1). [22] Be filled with feeling - Chromatic Beast
2-t). [11/7] Devilish: The Next Possession (Game Rip) - Stage 2 - Clock Tower
2-t). [11/7] Pu.Li.Ru.La - BGM 7, On Sky and Cloud (Unused)
4). [10] Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar (Game Rip) - Space Walk - Stage 2-A
5). [9] Wolfchild (Amiga Game Rip) - Title
6). [5] G.I. Joe (Arcade Game Rip) - In The Jungle (Stage 4)
7). [4] The Island of Dr. Brain (Game Rip) - Map

Second and third place tied, but since the site needs to be told which one of them to display first, I've let our completely neutral arbiter ChocoDecide pick which gets "second place":

Spoiler:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 280 Voting/WEEK 281 Nominating