Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Employment

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:05 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2010, 04:05 AM #1 of 24
I hate my job. There. I said it. It's out there now.

Don't get me wrong; I love working. Even if it's not something in my field of interest, as long as I get to have a decent amount of pride or professionalism with what I do and I am satisfied with the level of quality I'm able to do with what I do, I will generally be a happy hard-working camper.

This "customer service" job though...

1) Not saying anything (a lot of times) is the best customer service available to the customer
2) I'm not allowed to explain our company's policies to defend our situation
3) moreover, we don't have any.

I've been over the "WTF?!" phase for over a period of 9 months and I just got my review today. It bugs me that they don't even clearly say/point out what I'm actually doing wrong. It makes me feel like the company in general just doesn't have the galls to explicitly point out and take an employee who's been abusing their company privledges to the side and speak in face-to-face terms with them.

The thing I hate most about my current work place is the gossip. Oh. Dear. God, these women have absolute no life, judging by the pure level of nosiness they have over other people's fucking business.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 01:32 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2012, 11:32 PM #2 of 24
My New Job is to be UNEMPLOYED.

And I'm learning new things, and absolutely enjoying it.

I can attribute the part-time job as a means of having an income to sustain my food source without relying on more student loans, and it holds a purpose.

For the most part, my current work is to read, listen, and absorb. I have more work than I did in my undergraduate studies, however I can honestly say that I have undoubted faith it will benefit me desirably in future career prospects.

And I get to follow in my grandparents' footsteps. Not saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because the affinity for the profession did skip a whole generation (well, my mom's cousin owns a ESL/TESOL school/training center, so maybe that doesn't count), but still, I think it's pretty cool.

I am a TIT (Teacher-In-Training)™. And I love it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:11 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2012, 08:11 AM #3 of 24
Evidence. You have evidence it will benefit you in the future.
Not gonna argue with you. I am not sure I agree with your statement simply because I have seen plenty of bad teachers with master's degrees and those who did go through the program that didn't successfully land a good teaching job. But we shall see.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Employment