Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Cd-rom drive problems

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:34 AM #1 of 3
Cd-rom drive problems

Ok I never had a problem with my CDRom drive reading disks but it sure does now. I first noticed it when I went to burn files onto a blank cdr using nero. It kept telling me that the drive was empty. I then used some audio CD's to see if they would work but nada. When I insert a cd, the green light on the drive flashes that its reading but it never reads it. I checked device manager and everything seems to be in working order...anyone know what might be up?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:10 PM #2 of 3
You might need to update the firmware on the drive. More likely, however, is that it's dying.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sol
resident

Member 1293

Level 12.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 06:01 PM #3 of 3
If you have a disk cleaner, you should give that a whirl just to make sure there isn't any dust or rubbish inpairing the reading laser.

Really, though, it's more worth your time just to get a new CD drive and toss the old one. A good CD/DVD burning drive shouldn't cost you more than fifty bucks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Cd-rom drive problems