Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

X-Men Deadly Genesis (spoilers!)

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 10:16 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 11:16 PM #1 of 7
X-Men Deadly Genesis (spoilers!)

Generally, I'm not a Marvel fan, so I didn't have high expectations going into this recently concluded story arc.

Comic Covers (spoilers!)
Spoiler:

Typical of most 'shocking revelation' Marvel arcs (bringing to mind the often-derided "Sins Past" Spider-man story), this one delves deep into X-Men continuity, rewriting what we know about the events that transpired in the island of Krakoa, over thirty years ago in "Giant Sized X-Men #1". The repercussions are:

Spoiler:
  1. We learn what happened to Professor X after the House of M events
  2. We are introduced to the third Summers sibling.
  3. What really happened in Krakoa, and what was the true nature of the living island.
  4. Professor X is revealed to be fundamentally flawed, and not as heroic as we all think.
  5. A new mutant joins the school.
Personally, it was quite an intriguing ride, with unnecessary casualties (at least, in my opinion) that occured at the middle of the narrative. This limited series leads you to rethink your opinions about Professor Xavier on one hand, and the methods used by the X-Men to accomplish their goals, on the other hand. It puts an albatross around the series' most beloved characters, basically.

Coming from a view of a non X-men regular, I thought this was quite startling and original. I'm sure, however, that X-fans harbor differing opinions.

What do you guys think?

---

P.S.: If you want to preview the series, I'm fairly certain Happy and I can arrange something. Just ask!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; May 23, 2006 at 10:28 AM.
sayewonn
Wark!

Member 4005

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 11:11 AM #2 of 7
I enjoyed the series alot. Especially since I'm well versed in X history. It resolved a couple dangling plotlines, introduced an intriguing new character, and set up future plot points that are going to be followed up on in Uncanny X-Men in july. The one thing I do hope for:

Spoiler:
for the love of god, I hope marvel lets Xavier keep the use of his legs permanently now. How many times can you give him his legs back only to body slam him back into the wheelchair? Let it stick!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 08:28 PM #3 of 7
I think that the series is pretty worthless since they spoiled everything in the solicitations. Marvel really needs to stop doing that. Also, it felt to me like they were trying to make the 616 Charles more like his ultimate version.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Mucknuggle; May 29, 2006 at 05:40 AM.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 07:44 PM #4 of 7
I will only assume you mean 616...unless there's reality hopping in the story I'm unaware of...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Breakable
Meh

Member 1100

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:00 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 08:00 PM #5 of 7
Honestly?
The book was worthless.
Why is it that people need to decompress every storyline to 6 issues if it can be done in 3 or less?

And it wasnt that good to begin with.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:37 PM #6 of 7
Someone pleaes give me the skinny on House Of M?

How ya doing, buddy?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 03:30 PM #7 of 7
The Scarlet Witch uses her powers to recreate reality so that mutants are in charge. At the end, Wanda reverses what she did, but removes many mutants' powers, and some still remember what happened. It was a so-so story with terrible pacing and a blatant deus ex machina.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > X-Men Deadly Genesis (spoilers!)