Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Suikoden VI rumor
Closed Thread

B.K.
Chocobo

Member 974

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:31 AM #1 of 32
Suikoden VI rumor

There is a rumor that this week's Jump magazine confirms Suikoden VI is going to be a Wii title. Hopefully it will be confirmed in a day or two.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:35 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 12:35 AM #2 of 32
If this is true, I swear to christ that I am going to choke someone to death. This would be a fucking atrocious decision for the series.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:47 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2008, 11:47 PM #3 of 32
I wouldn't mind as long as I can use the gamecube controller with it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:51 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 12:51 AM 1 #4 of 32
And...why's that again? Being on the Wii doesn't necessarily mean forced waggle control, so no need to go there. We can hope, if this is true, that there is at least a standard control scheme if the title turns out to be a traditional RPG.

If it turns into something different, who knows, it could just as easily benefit from an added motion control as it could turn out to be shit.

Considering all we have right now is a rumour that it JUST MIGHT POSSIBLY OH CRAP show up on the Wii, what the fuck do we even have to begin slamming on it?

If it turns into some gimmicky piece of shit, and they turn around and say "Yeah you'll have to draw a specific rune motion on the screen to use any abilities", then yeah. That's dumb.

But let's bash it before we know a damn thing. Good idea. A+. Would read your contributions again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:58 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2008, 10:58 PM #5 of 32
This' unexpected. I was hoping that it'd go to PS3 (let alone the 360) where Konami would make good use of the PS3 or 360's hardware.

I was speaking idiomatically.
~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 01:59 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 12:59 AM #6 of 32
And...why's that again? Being on the Wii doesn't necessarily mean forced waggle control, so no need to go there. We can hope, if this is true, that there is at least a standard control scheme if the title turns out to be a traditional RPG.

If it turns into something different, who knows, it could just as easily benefit from an added motion control as it could turn out to be shit.

Considering all we have right now is a rumour that it JUST MIGHT POSSIBLY OH CRAP show up on the Wii, what the fuck do we even have to begin slamming on it?

If it turns into some gimmicky piece of shit, and they turn around and say "Yeah you'll have to draw a specific rune motion on the screen to use any abilities", then yeah. That's dumb.

But let's bash it before we know a damn thing. Good idea. A+. Would read your contributions again.
[00:56] <Colonel_Skills> I can understand hating on the fact that most thigns on the Wii are pieces of shit, but there's also quite a few cases of honest to goodness interesting implementation
[00:56] <Colonel_Skills> so who knows
[00:56] <Colonel_Skills> DQ could benefit as well
[00:56] <Denicalis> Skills. It's Konami. With Suikoden.
[00:56] <Denicalis> When they innovate, they fuck it up.

Suikoden III and IV. I have reason for my trepidations. Remember what happened last time they "innovated"?

TACTICS

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:20 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 01:20 AM 2 #7 of 32
Why have a whole lot of hope for a franchise when half of them you don't like, and 3 of the last 4 released suck mad balls?

Being on the Wii certainly isn't the kiss of death here, there's a good chance of them fucking it up on any other system as well.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:21 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 01:21 AM #8 of 32
I didn't say I had expectations of it being good, I have -hope- for it to be good. There's a difference. V returned that faint glimmer after it had been extinguished.

How ya doing, buddy?

Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:23 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2008, 11:23 PM 1 #9 of 32
Please don't tell me this rumor is from the stupid list that someone posted at NeoGAF.

Quote:
* Sakiyama didn’t confirm the platform the game is being developed on. Maybe it’s because of a new platform instead of PlayStation 3? (Could also be Xbox 360, or multiplatform.)
* Konami previously announced an “untitled RPG” for Wii. What if it’s Suikoden VI?
* Final Fantasy XII director Yasumi Matsuno has said that Wii is “perfect for RPGs” and is making a new RPG for Wii. Maybe Konami shares his attitude?
* Wii is already getting a number of RPGs from Nintendo, Square Enix, Koei etc, so it will be a console that will have an established number RPG players.
* Suikoden has previously appeared on a Nintendo platform in the form of Suikoden Card Stories for the GBA.
* Suikoden 1 wasn’t a PlayStation exclusive and Konami has supported all of the current consoles and is already supporting all the new consoles, with the most support behind Wii with 7 games.
* Suikoden has never been a graphics-intensive game, and has normally appeared on a platform weaker than the competition (PlayStation and Saturn versus Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 2 versus Xbox and Gamecube).
* Suikoden games have supported one-hand playing (all except Suikoden IV and Tactics), and the Wiimote is designed to be used with one hand.

That's just laughable.

Last edited by Cetra; Jan 9, 2008 at 02:26 AM.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:24 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 01:24 AM #10 of 32
And I guess that I'll agree to disagree with you on the point of the system it's for not being all that big a factor in it's potential shithouseitude. I'm much more frightened that they'll find a way to ruin it beyond mere waggle incorporation.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:46 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 12:46 AM #11 of 32
Of course, I agree with Denicalis. Konami does bad things with Suikoden whenever they try something new. What made Suikoden V so great was that it was the standard Suikoden with nicer graphics. So, of course, if this game is going to be on the Wii... argh.

But, I also want to point out, somewhat off-topic, that I imagine that once all of the gimmick of the Wii is gone it'll begin to house some great titles. So maybe (this is a hope) a decent RPG producer will create a great RPG that may utilize some of the Wii's abilities sensibly and other, less innovative RPGs (i.e. Suikoden) will just mix their traditional formats with these precedents.

Though I wonder what Matsuno means when he says that the Wii is "perfect for RPGs", if he indeed said it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 03:30 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 06:30 PM #12 of 32
The Suikoden series has so much/many potential and unanswered questions that it can't die any time soon. Although putting Suikoden VI on the Wii is a questionable decision on Konami's part. Still, only when a PSP racer spin-off arises will I begin to question Suikoden's longevity as a series. <3

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 04:15 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 02:15 AM 1 #13 of 32
If this is true, I swear to christ that I am going to choke someone to death. This would be a fucking atrocious decision for the series.
If by "choke someone" you mean "masturbate furiously," then I wholeheartedly agree!

Frozen Memories
Mein Donnerkeil

Member 26940

Level 8.46

Dec 2007

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:07 PM #14 of 32
I think, if that's what Konami is doing, they are probably going to ride on either the fact that the Wii market is deprived of RPGs. I mean, to the ill-informed public, even if the game is just medicore, it could probably sell well.

But, then again, RPG fans tend to... know what's good and bad, so, who knows.

That's only my opinion, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 09:28 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2008, 12:28 PM 3 #15 of 32
I hope the Wii rumour is false and they put it on mobile phones just to piss you lot off even more.

FELIPE NO
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:30 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 10:30 PM #16 of 32
I'll take Suikoden VI on the Wii, doesn't bother me at all. If anything, that only guarantees that the mini-games this time around are likely going to take advantage of the Wiimote and ensures that little to no graphic whoring is going to ensue with this one.

I can't see how they would do army battles this time around, but I imagine duels could be a lot more interactive. Slash the Wiimote for a normal attack, hold a button and slash for the special attack, and pull back on it for a guard. Would sorta put you in the duel, so to speak.

So long as Suikoden stays the fuck away from the PS3, I'm happy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 11:06 PM #17 of 32
I'm also going to laugh if this information came up from that post Cetra put up. Such reliable information.

Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 11:06 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 09:06 PM #18 of 32
I hope the Wii rumour is false and they put it on mobile phones just to piss you lot off even more.
Then I might end up having to Bug that game. Oh god all that text and midi music...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 11:20 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 09:20 PM #19 of 32
I'm also going to laugh if this information came up from that post Cetra put up. Such reliable information.
The post Cetra quoted is over a year old. I've looked on NeoGAF, and this current rumor seems to've been spawned from something else.

Most amazing jew boots
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:02 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 10:02 PM #20 of 32
Ewww... Get away! You'll infect us with whatever virus you got from there!

Watch this be another spinoff of 4. Control the ship by tilting the wii-mote.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:39 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 09:39 PM #21 of 32
The post Cetra quoted is over a year old. I've looked on NeoGAF, and this current rumor seems to've been spawned from something else.

Yeah seems your are right, newest rumor started from some guy who hear about some guy who saw some post from some guy at 2ch that heard there was a mention of it on the Wii in the latest issue of Play Magazine which this guy seems to have before everyone else, but refused to provide a picture of any sort.

So yeah...and apparently it's already been confirmed fake but I can only find messageboard posts about it being fake.

Last edited by Cetra; Jan 10, 2008 at 12:42 AM.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:40 AM #22 of 32
At least it's finally something credible.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 09:20 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2008, 08:20 AM #23 of 32
We all know that Suikoden VI will be on PS3, if only to make a shitload of you nerds whine about having to buy one. Man, that is going to be a great day when that is announced.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Hindman
Good Chocobo

Member 3792

Level 15.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2008, 08:15 AM Local time: Jan 11, 2008, 06:15 AM #24 of 32
I wouldn't mind as long as I can use the gamecube controller with it.
Bingo, same here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
mutosho
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4705

Level 2.86

Apr 2006

Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:51 AM Local time: Jan 13, 2008, 01:51 PM #25 of 32
I highly doubt Konami would release the next Suikoden game on anything but a Playstation console.

I do wish though that Konami would release all the previous games in some sort of "All in one" box, especially the first 2 games, as they are hardest to come by, and while they might be doing that for the PSP, that doesn't really excite me as i'm not a handheld person.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Suikoden VI rumor