Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

old 90s pc game identification

jsphweid
Chocobo

Member 691

Level 10.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2013, 07:09 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2013, 06:09 AM #1 of 3
old 90s pc game identification

Hey guys, maybe you all might be the right community for such a question.

When I was young in the 90s, a friend gave me a CD-ROM with a TON of games on. It must've been a sampler, or a demo CD of some kind. I would say at least 18 years old here. The label had an orange, red color with a picture of an aircraft on it. The aircraft was black, but the image was slightly faint. It was a fighter or bomber jet with a long nose I think.

The CD had doom, commander keen, and a bunch of other one's I can't remember. If you know the name of that sampler, I can probably find the game I'm looking for from there.

IF NOT, the game itself is just a simple two man fighter, except GIANT ROBOTS FROM THE FUTURE. In the demo, you could only use 2-3 different kinds and one location. This is a simple fighter, like mortal combat (2d, etc.). The only map was some sort of powerstation. You were surrounded by a web of electrical lines. It was outside, dark, rainy, and lightening was happening amid the flaring of electricity from the powerlines when you threw your opponent against those webs. The default robot was tall, thin, angular. The only other one I remember is one that halfway looked like a man, then halfway a spider of some kind.

That's all I got. Ring a bell??

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2013, 07:25 AM 1 #2 of 3
That was One Must Fall: 2097.

And I've tried finding those DirectX sampler CDs online occasionally, though I'm sure my father must still have them somewhere.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

jsphweid
Chocobo

Member 691

Level 10.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:21 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2013, 10:21 AM 1 #3 of 3
fucking brilliant, thanks!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > old 90s pc game identification