Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] Final Fantasy XI private server?

LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 09:51 PM #1 of 13
Final Fantasy XI private server?

I was wondering how come FFXI doesn't have private servers while others like WoW etc. have private servers? Is it because it's hard to make one for it or something?

Before one starts calling me cheap or telling me to pay for the game, I already plan on paying for an account, I was just curious about it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eat glass.
NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 09:52 PM #2 of 13
Probably because you wouldn't be able to connect to it on a PS2? Maybe Square wants to control how people are connecting? Who the fuck knows.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
<Mercarios> I voted for hut hut, because it's a superior track, but you gotta draw a line between having fun and going too far
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 11:40 PM #3 of 13
Well, it has it's own tunnel software. You'd first have to hack PlayOnline Viewer, as well as run an emulated POL server itself before you can even dream of having a FFXI server. That is, unless, you make a hack that bypasses the whole POL Viewer in general.

Maybe there IS a server emulation project in the works, but it could be very very protected and underground like SWGEmu or the CoH Server Emulator.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ramearess
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6954

Level 1.00

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:13 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 03:13 PM #4 of 13
There is a group working on a ffxi server emulator but becuase of playonline viewer you need an active acount. they belive they can get it to work for free but they'd have to modify the client and they say there not prepared to face a lawsuit. From my understanding they not gave up on emulating playonline view.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 08:34 AM #5 of 13
Originally Posted by NYRSkate
Probably because you wouldn't be able to connect to it on a PS2? Maybe Square wants to control how people are connecting? Who the fuck knows.
There's always the PC version.

I'd prefer an emulated server though. I love FFXI's style, some of it's gameplay and the pretty large maps. I hate, hate, hate the grind.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 02:55 PM #6 of 13
I thought the gind to be much more endurable than WoW. At least it doesn't look like your experience bar moved from 0% to 50% in 2 hours at early character levels. Played WoW trial subscription and it was hell. Beating up wolves, bandits, gnolls, and spiders forever to get a freaking level. And then there were those quests that GIVE EXP. But even most of those quests take forever to do. All that running and killing 135 monsters of certain kinds..... THANKS NO THANKS.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Juzo4k
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 20624

Level 1.00

Mar 2007

Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:34 PM #7 of 13
The PS2 would should also be able to go on a private server but one would need a mod chip or swap disks to install the ps2 private server patcher onto the ps2. and if anyone does happen to come across one let me kno cuz FFXI get exspensive after a couple of years ><

FELIPE NO
uNiq1

Member 22261

Level 1.10

Apr 2007

Old Apr 22, 2007, 05:00 PM #8 of 13
I think the guy means final fantasy 11 on pc. And I too have the same question. Does anyone know/>??

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 06:01 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2007, 03:01 PM #9 of 13
I thought the gind to be much more endurable than WoW. At least it doesn't look like your experience bar moved from 0% to 50% in 2 hours at early character levels. Played WoW trial subscription and it was hell. Beating up wolves, bandits, gnolls, and spiders forever to get a freaking level. And then there were those quests that GIVE EXP. But even most of those quests take forever to do. All that running and killing 135 monsters of certain kinds..... THANKS NO THANKS.
This post is hilarious You made my day.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:54 AM #10 of 13
I know pso has some privet servers (pc and dreamcast) and it was done on the dreamcast with just a simple cheat code to allow it to connect to the privet server. So maybe something like that could work for the ffxi ps2 ver.

Also since this is a mmorpg there will be a time when square stops wanting to run the server so when that happens will they set up playonline to let anybody be able to run there own server?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 01:26 PM #11 of 13
no there's no private server of FFXI and probably never will... just buy the game or forget about it...

and I really don't see this game being able to survive on a private server, since at level 10 and + you almost can't xp without a party... it's sometime already hard enough to find a party in the game. I really don't see how you could progress in this game with only a bunch of people in the entire server...

Most amazing jew boots
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:14 PM #12 of 13
you can set up a server that could handel a lot of people and there just get a lot of people to play it. Or maybe edit stats of how much exp monsters give.

How ya doing, buddy?

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 06:30 PM #13 of 13
if you want to solo in a mmorpg then go play WoW... this game was not meant to be played alone...

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] Final Fantasy XI private server?