Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] The Command & Conquer 3!! OMG! OMG! thread!

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 01:47 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 03:47 PM #26 of 113
Originally Posted by evilboris
I got something better.

Long ago Westwood said that the Tiberian saga has 3 episodes.
Tiberian Dawn, which tells how Tiberium started spreading
Tiberian Sun, which told the story of the post-apocalyptic Earth where Tiberium is at its prime.
Tiberian Twilight which would tell the story of how Tiberium is finally extuinguished.

Note how this game isn't called Tiberian Twilight anymore. It's called Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium War. Just another run in the mill episode instead of a gorgeus dramatic conclusion.

Their marketing bullshit also presents Kane is a megalomaniac super terrorist while the former games show him as a divine fanatic (and a genius for the matter, plus theres that small thing that he did not age a day between Red Alert (around the fifties) and Tiberian Sun (2030) that raises a question that he is not just a random guy bullshiting in the name of god).

They are turning the old C&C from an epic saga to a cashcow. They are going to ruin it because of that. Will Joe Kucan (the guy who plays Kane) even appear in the gorgeous FMVs? Will the game even HAVE any fmvs? Will it have the same incredibly simplified but breathtakingly good controls which was the trademark of every C&C game, or will we have to lelearn which mouse button is used for selecting units? Will the awesome tunes of Frank Klepacki will be there to further pump the mood of the games apocalyptic setting?

EA is not making a good game with C&C3. Only a sellable game. I can imagine now: the first mission will not present you with something wicked as "exterminate a civilian village" or to protect your base with commandos who just arrived on your base from orbit, it will have "commander. Use your mouse to navigate the camera".

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Oh, and what about Red Alert 3. That one was announced as being developed too, or something.
Interesting that you point out the name Tiberian Twilight, I had totally forgotten about that.

Anyways, hopefully the gameplay is at least as good as Generals. I doubt it will become an addictive online RTS as EA is always slow to patch their games, but if it has a fun singleplayer campaign/story like that of Red Alert 2, then i'll be happy with it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Newbie1234; Apr 21, 2006 at 01:50 PM.
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 12:49 PM #27 of 113
I can't really get excited for this. I think just about everybody who's a C&C fan is going to be let down with this game. Virtually none of the people that made C&C great are left at EA. So all the fans are going to get bilked.

I'm not a cow. I don't want to be milked.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:06 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 05:06 PM #28 of 113
Originally Posted by evilboris
Oh, and what about Red Alert 3. That one was announced as being developed too, or something.
Mark Skaggs, the guy who made the announcement, mysteriously left EALA rather shortly after he made the announcement. We can only speculate that perhaps the whole RA3 idea left the company along with him.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 10:50 AM #29 of 113
He didn't mysteriously leave. He quit and formed Trilogy Studios.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Stealth; Apr 23, 2006 at 12:09 PM.
Blaine
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8881

Level 1.00

Jun 2006

Old Jun 23, 2006, 02:17 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 07:17 PM #30 of 113
hmmm another c&c game i wonder if i will get it

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:36 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 12:36 PM #31 of 113
So has there been any news about this since, or is it gone with the wind just like RA3?

How ya doing, buddy?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 07:46 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 09:46 AM #32 of 113
There have been a couple of interviews and screenshots here and there, but nothing else really. I think the game still has some ways to go.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2006, 12:45 AM #33 of 113
It's going to be at least next year before it comes out. Well at least thats what Gamespot have it at.
here for more info.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nemesis
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9323

Level 1.00

Jul 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:16 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2006, 04:16 PM #34 of 113
*Note*

Command And Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is only a working title, and will probably (I hope for them they do growl) be changed to Tiberian Twilight.
That url is allready proprety of EALA

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2006, 08:18 PM #35 of 113
Well so far the game looks just like a generic fps with generic futuristic ships and tanks, so it wont really matter what they will call it - it will be just like Generals.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
r3q

Member 10669

Level 3.41

Aug 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: Nov 24, 2006, 12:40 PM #36 of 113
*Looks at the pictures*

Aw, damn; my computer will probably have a hard time starting up this game, let alone running it when it comes up, since the gameplay on Generals was extremely jerky and slow on my computer.

That being said.....:aargh:

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:39 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 03:39 PM #37 of 113
Originally Posted by Rock
For me, the one and only true Command & Conquer game was the original Tiberian Dawn.

Red Alert got me hyped but I lost interested after seeing that they magically had Mammoth Tanks in WWII, which were considered 'prototype' in Tiberian Dawn. The time machine crap was just a poor excuse for the graphics designers' inability to come up with new assets.
This is a pretty old post I'm replying to here, but I'm about certain that the Mammoth tanks in the Tiberium saga were prototype Mammoth Mk IIs, not the Apocalypse-esque models from the original RA.

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 11:59 PM #38 of 113
Doesn't matter. They used the exact same graphics set for the tank in Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. And I can cleary remember the Mammoth tank being hyped as a prototype weapon by the GDI in Tiberian Dawn. Its production codename was X-66 - as in "X" for experimental.

The Mark II didn't make an appearance until Tiberian Sun and the "Apocalypse" version is from Red Alert 2.

Also, the trailer for C&C3 looks like crap.

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:40 PM #39 of 113
Man I can't wait for a new C&C game. As good as LOTR: BFME1/2 were, I've been craving for a new C&C game.

Also new trailer for all to see;
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...15359&type=wmv

FELIPE NO
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 04:02 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2006, 10:02 AM #40 of 113
Originally Posted by Rock
Doesn't matter. They used the exact same graphics set for the tank in Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. And I can cleary remember the Mammoth tank being hyped as a prototype weapon by the GDI in Tiberian Dawn. Its production codename was X-66 - as in "X" for experimental.

The Mark II didn't make an appearance until Tiberian Sun and the "Apocalypse" version is from Red Alert 2.

Also, the trailer for C&C3 looks like crap.
As I recall the game storyline, the soviets destroyed all schemantics they had in after Moscow fell in RA1. So things like the Mammoth had to be discovered again.

Storyline faq at gamefaqs:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...quer_story.txt

Most amazing jew boots
Razikain
Flying Toaster

Member 16855

Level 4.68

Dec 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:58 PM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 07:58 PM #41 of 113
Last I heard, Joseph D. Kucan was back as Kane (in the "You Can't Kill the Messiah" trailer), and they'd also roped in Michael Ironside (who vanished after Total Recall) and Billy Dee 'Will you get going, ya pirate' Williams for the cast as well.

So at least the live action FMVs will look good.

Kinda.

"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales..."
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 08:22 PM #42 of 113
I somehow have doubts about this. What I loved above all else in the original C&C was that the cutscenes were first-person. It might have been the result of a small budget, but it had the effect of really making you feel like you were in the game. Unfortunately, it's one of the things they've decided to change, wrongly, in Tiberian Sun (disclaimer: I hate Tiberian Sun). I can only hope that they'll actually go back to first person, but the chances of this happening are fairly low.

Also, and I hate doing this because I feel like both an horrible nerd and a C&C fanboy, but the C&C and Red Alert universes are not linked together. True, in the original Red Alert there seems to be a few things hinting at it, culminating in, well, anyone who's completed the Soviet campaign will know. Still, I'm fairly sure Westwood made clear afterwards that both universes really aren't the same. All possible links are severed in Red Alert 2.

One can only assume that the Soviet mammoth tank and the GDI version only look the same due to coincidence (ie, either the artists really were too lazy to make another unit, or Westwood wanted to include a familiar unit in RA). Looking similar doesn't mean they're necessarily the same, the RA version might have quarter meter thick steel everywhere (not completely unlike the German Maus) with basic guided missile (RA takes place in the 50's), while the GDI version has modern composite reactive armor along with modern fire-control systems and advance guided missiles. Seriously though, I'm not going to argue about this.

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 09:39 PM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 11:39 PM #43 of 113
Originally Posted by YeOldeButchere
I somehow have doubts about this. What I loved above all else in the original C&C was that the cutscenes were first-person. It might have been the result of a small budget, but it had the effect of really making you feel like you were in the game. Unfortunately, it's one of the things they've decided to change, wrongly, in Tiberian Sun (disclaimer: I hate Tiberian Sun). I can only hope that they'll actually go back to first person, but the chances of this happening are fairly low.
Many of Tiberian Sun's FMVs were also first person, though proportionally it was definitely still a big change from other C&C's. Anyways, Red Alert 2 was by far the best C&C in terms of how the FMVs were implemented in my opinion. Tiberian Sun had good FMVs too, but the singleplayer gameplay was just awful.

I have high hopes for this game, but really only for the singleplayer portion. I'm sure many C&C fans are in the same boat after Generals, and the only reason they aren't thrashing this game already is because the FMVs (and Kane) are back.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Newbie1234; Dec 13, 2006 at 09:43 PM.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 04:01 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 09:01 AM #44 of 113
Originally Posted by YeOldeButchere
Also, and I hate doing this because I feel like both an horrible nerd and a C&C fanboy, but the C&C and Red Alert universes are not linked together. True, in the original Red Alert there seems to be a few things hinting at it, culminating in, well, anyone who's completed the Soviet campaign will know. Still, I'm fairly sure Westwood made clear afterwards that both universes really aren't the same. All possible links are severed in Red Alert 2.
But Kane was an advisor to Stalin in RA - That seems like confirmation enough to me. Furthermore, for Kane to be able to hop back that far into the 20th century, time travel technology would have to exist in the GDI universe; a perfect explanation for this would be the time machine Einstein developed in Red Alert 2. A lot of the time it's also actually implied that Kane instigated the war in Red Alert in order to secure a power base for himself.

During the events of RA2 it's safe to assume that Kane was lying in wait in Africa with the rest of the brotherhood; hence he had no need for a role.

Razikain
Flying Toaster

Member 16855

Level 4.68

Dec 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:42 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 05:42 PM #45 of 113
RA2 itself doesn't really feel like a continuation of RA1. The first game was much closer to the idea of World War II, without American intervention. When the second game along, it became almost exclusively a U.S.-Russian affair. While that could be reflecting the real power shifts that happened in the world at that time, much of the political intrigue seems to have been lost. Instead, the whole PSI-Corps/Yuri thing seems like it was added in the absence of any other plot.

In addition, I'd have imagined Kane would have started interfering when Yuri started planting psycho dominators all round the world. It just seems disconnected to the RA saga, never mind the Tiberium Saga.

"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales..."
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 11:36 PM #46 of 113
Uhuh. Read this storyline FAQ at gamefaqs, it will CLEARLY prove that the Tiberian and the RA universe is linked. No one could just think up so many information regards the matter for it to be some fanfic.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...quer_story.txt

Well, RA2 totally doesnt fit into it, but still. It perfectly links together C&C, RA1, and TS.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:35 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 02:35 AM #47 of 113
Why not have branched timelines? The C&C universe is an alternate history anyway, so who's to say RA2 doesn't split the timeline?

FELIPE NO
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:54 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 01:54 AM #48 of 113
It really doesn't matter whether the timelines are linked in my opinion, unless we see some sort of crossover game (which I think is just retarded).

Most amazing jew boots
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:04 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 03:04 PM #49 of 113
Delicious boxart!
Spoiler:

Erotic release date!
Spoiler:
March 28 '07

Special Kane Edition!
Spoiler:

Also, for anyone still skeptical about whether the alien faction (hopefully the Scrin) will be playable or not, we have pretty much direct confirmation now:
Quote:
C&C 3: Kane Edition will also feature exclusive in-game content including five new multiplayer maps and three unique unit skins—one for each of the three factions in the game.

Last edited by Krelian; Dec 24, 2006 at 10:07 AM.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:43 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 10:43 PM #50 of 113
Box Art is shitty. What happened to the regular C&C look with reflection in the soldier's goggles? And why does the "Kane Version" bring useless shit?

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] The Command & Conquer 3!! OMG! OMG! thread!