Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Online Choice for Online Play
XBOX Live 5 71.43%
X-Link Kai 2 28.57%
Other (ie: XBConnect... etc.) 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[360] X-Link Kai vs. XBOX Live

Kiri
Whatever happens, remember to protect me.

Member 1268

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 02:42 PM Local time: May 25, 2007, 01:42 PM #1 of 5
X-Link Kai vs. XBOX Live

I didn't see this anywhere in this subforum nor have I seen an active topic on this in the forum so I figured I would put it up.

This applies to many different consoles but since I'm questioning XBOX Live, it pertains to XBOX and the 360.

My question is what do you use for your online needs? For those who don't know, X-Link Kai is a tunneling software for the System Link games for XBOX/360. There are other software much like Kai that do the same thing. It makes the PC an access point to other XBOX's all around the world. There are pros and cons to both Live and Kai that I've noticed by various trials and I've come to use both to full enjoyment (LIVE for recreation and Kai for local LAN based games so I don't have 16 people in my house at one time playing Halo 2)

So which do you use? Why do you use it?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old May 25, 2007, 02:52 PM #2 of 5
Moved to our multiplayer/online discussion yada etc. subforum where it belongs~

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kiri
Whatever happens, remember to protect me.

Member 1268

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 03:06 PM Local time: May 25, 2007, 02:06 PM #3 of 5
That's the thing. They all have pros and cons. Like for instance using X-Link Kai, that would only be for local. I don't want so many people in my home and then my son starts crying or needs either me or his mother. It's kinda an inconvience to me. However, the software integration with my current dashboard makes things easy on me without loading the full engine on my PC.

XBOX Live is better suited for overall online play, but it's kinda set on certain areas of the world.

And yes, lag sucks indeed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2007, 06:50 PM Local time: May 26, 2007, 05:50 PM #4 of 5
Kai is basically worthless for the 360. There's a reason five million people opt to pay $50 per year for Xbox Live (hint: it's not dedicated servers).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] X-Link Kai vs. XBOX Live