Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Earthworm Jim 4 (and a new cartoon series!) THE PLANET OF EASILY SCARED PEOPLE AWAITS

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:13 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 10:13 AM 2 #1 of 13
Earthworm Jim 4 (and a new cartoon series!) THE PLANET OF EASILY SCARED PEOPLE AWAITS

Quote:
Interplay, TenNapel Partner For Earthworm Jim Game, Cartoon Revival

Interplay, TenNapel Partner For Earthworm Jim Game, Cartoon Revival Following recent news that it would be bringing Earthworm Jim to Virtual Console, Interplay has announced it is partnering with franchise creator Doug TenNapel to revive the brand with a new game, cartoon and film.

No details of the new game, currently titled Earthworm Jim 4 were given, but Interplay says TenNapel -- who was also behind critical hits like The Neverhood -- will serve as a creative consultant for the game.

The company also says TenNapel will be developing a new animated series, following an earlier series that ran on The Kids WB! for two seasons, as well as a feature film.
Gamasutra - Interplay, TenNapel Partner For Earthworm Jim Game, Cartoon Revival

The last time this happened, the game was shaping up so shitty they canned it. I shouldn't get too excited, but... new Earthworm Jim stuff! FUCK YEAH. No word on what systems it's hitting, but probably mostly everything I guess. I need to prepare myself for when they announce it's an online-only deathmatch shooter or something! I wonder if they'll keep the same opening title song in the cartoon~

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:18 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 06:18 PM #2 of 13
Okay, Megalith being his usual useless self aside, best. thread. ever.

And Simian, you and I both know it's going to become a space based flying-sim modeled off Star Fox and Master of Orion.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:34 PM #3 of 13
WOAAAHHHH NELLY!

I loved the original games... We can only hope this new one will capture the spirit and humor of them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:43 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 02:43 AM #4 of 13
The games were awesome, but the cartoon just freakin' OWNED me, I'm so excited! I learned the noble metals list or something like that thanks to a song in the show in high school (Earthworm Jim got me through my chemistry class!), it was just the best cartoon ever made in every way. Of course, I saw the awesome Dutch dub. I hope they dub it to Dutch again using the same voice actors, since it was smashing.

een held van 't eerste uur ondanks zijn superpak en zijn superstraalpistool, is jim nog steeds een aardworm maar hij is wel een idool met zijn superpark dat hem supersterk maakt

Anyway!

For the game, I'll be more excited once I see some footage. I really hope it's 2D or at least "2.5D", but I guess it's unlikely. I just never liked 3D platformers much.

EDIT: Film?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by surasshu; Apr 22, 2008 at 08:27 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:56 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 06:56 PM #5 of 13
I've only ever been able to find the original cartoon split between .avi and .rm, and my loathing of .rm refuses to let me download them. Anyone ever found a solid .avi collection?

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:58 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 10:58 AM #6 of 13
Okay, Megalith being his usual useless self aside, best. thread. ever.

And Simian, you and I both know it's going to become a space based flying-sim modeled off Star Fox and Master of Orion.
I could get behind that if Jim was flying around on his rocket, and hurled cows at everything. And!

Originally Posted by sprouticus
WOAAAHHHH NELLY!

I loved the original games... We can only hope this new one will capture the spirit and humor of them.
Well they've got Doug back this time, so there's some hope!

Originally Posted by surasshu
The games were awesome, but the cartoon just freakin' OWNED me, I'm so excited! I learned the noble metals list thanks to a song in the show in high school (Earthworm Jim got me through my chemistry class!)
Ahahaha awesome. They should totally release the original cartoon on DVD already!

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 07:59 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 06:59 PM #7 of 13
Ahahaha awesome. They should totally release the original cartoon on DVD already!
Goddamn rights.

FELIPE NO

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 08:32 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 03:32 AM 3 #8 of 13
I've only ever been able to find the original cartoon split between .avi and .rm, and my loathing of .rm refuses to let me download them. Anyone ever found a solid .avi collection?
Is it okay to post torrents here? If so:
Spoiler:
http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/518454/Earthworm-Jim

If not... Ignore that link! I'm actually downloading it now, so I'm not 100% sure if it's good quality, but it's all AVIs at least. I never wanted to grab the English versions before since I'm so used to the Dutch dub, but hell. If I can watch Duck Tales in English I sure as hell can watch Earthworm Jim.

EDIT: Well, quality is pretty dodgy sometimes. Enjoy anyway? (Please release a DVD you stupid fuckers!)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by surasshu; Apr 23, 2008 at 07:13 AM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:47 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 09:47 PM #9 of 13
It has been FAR too long since Earthworm Jim has graced us with his wonderful presence in the media and I approve of this news! I wonder if Tallarico is still going to do the music for the game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 02:27 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 07:27 AM #10 of 13
This is excellent news. OK, it could turn out to be a big pile of pap, but I've got my fingers crossed for this one as both the original games and the original cartoons were highly excellent.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 02:44 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 09:44 AM #11 of 13
Yes!
Sometimes one of the Danish television channels sends an episode of Earthworm Jim, probalby by accident. They wanted to send Barbie: Rapunzel and got the tapes switched. Oops!

Before bursting with joy, I think I'll wait until the whole thing is a bit closer to completion.
Who knows, it might be completely shit! Like the Jack Jazzrabbit remake for GBA!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:04 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2008, 04:04 PM #12 of 13
Okay so it wasn't noble metals, it was inert gasses! But that's almost the same thing, really. I think. It's in Conqueror Worm.

i'll sing this song until it hurts

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by surasshu; Apr 23, 2008 at 09:09 AM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:11 AM 1 #13 of 13
Check out a funny short film that Doug TenNapel (creator of Earthworm Jim and the Neverhood) did a little while ago, it's really creative---

Sockbaby

If his upcoming work on the new EWJ is anything like this, I think it'll turn out absolutely hilarious.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Apr 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Earthworm Jim 4 (and a new cartoon series!) THE PLANET OF EASILY SCARED PEOPLE AWAITS