Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. A game in the same vein as Phoenix Wright.

ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:30 PM #1 of 14
Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. A game in the same vein as Phoenix Wright.

Well, after looking through the E3 line up not being greatly surprised by much of the companies line ups I came upon this entry under Capcom's list. Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. When I first saw it I thought I was seeing things, but true enough after clicking the link they had a preview for it but no pictures yet. Being a fan of the show I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out. So long as it has plenty of Mentok musings I'll be sold.

IGN's news page for it

Jam it back in, in the dark.
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:48 PM #2 of 14
Oh man, this just screams all kinds of win. I'll definitely keep a look out for this.

Most amazing jew boots

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:40 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 11:40 PM #3 of 14
I thought they canned this? There's been some horrible looking gameplay videos of Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am that have been circulating around since E3, and if that's any indication of the quality that Midway's going for with these Adult Swim licenses, I think a lot of DO NOT WANT is in order here.

Edit: Oh, fuck me. This is something OTHER than that failed Midway project. Never mind, then.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 06:57 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2007, 05:57 AM #4 of 14
Hey, remember all those Simpsons games that were baldfaced ripoffs of other games? Yeah, I think it's going to end up something like that. This screams "Quick, half-assed cash grab" so hard it makes Swiss yodellers blush.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:30 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2007, 10:30 PM #5 of 14
I was pretty excited in the pants for this when it was announced.. many many decades ago. Back then it was for the Pong arcade machine, they were going to mess with the programming just a tad. Then it was switched to PS2 and PSP in the middle of development, and I still had the excitement in my pants. But there hasn't been any updates to this since.

That and while the publisher is Capcom (OMG PHOENIX WRIGHT) the developer is High Voltage Software (OMG.. uh.. 50 Cent Bulletproof! Duel Masters!)

Edit: looool I probably should have actually clicked the preview link. Well.. umm... no.. DECENT update since! >=(

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Jul 17, 2007 at 08:00 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 01:17 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2007, 04:17 PM #6 of 14
Not there, there! Not there, there!

Quote:
SAN MATEO, Calif — Sept. 4, 2007  Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced today that Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law™ is now coming to the Wii™ video game system from Nintendo. The Wii version of Harvey joins the previously announced PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system versions of the game. The Wii version of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99, while the PS2 and PSP versions will have an SRP of $29.99. Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law will be available for all three platforms on November 13.
The Wii version is ten bucks more because of the following reasons;

-

also

-

And there you go! PSP SCREENS.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:41 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2007, 12:41 PM #7 of 14
I dunno. I'm getting some sort of Zelda: Wand of Gameon-vibe from this.
I'm so hungy, I could <Taste the Bag>!

FELIPE NO

Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:59 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2007, 10:59 PM #8 of 14
It would be awesome if voices are there, but then that would mean that the game is short. I thought it'd be like Nick's courtcases, but it looks (right now) more like a multiple-choice 'interactive' episode. Oh well, at least it'll be damn funny.

And now that you mention the supposedly crap Zelda games, is a free and complete CD-I emulator out there anywhere yet??? I still haven't justified purchasing a unit just for a handful of games that'll last me less than 10 hours tops.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:07 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2007, 01:07 PM #9 of 14
So I don't really care about this game since Birdman is only hilarious in how incredibly unfunny it is, but I'm pretty sure I read... somewhere... that the same engine that was used for Ace Attorney is being used for this game. Now, I guess that's kinda obvious anyway since it has "press" and "courts", but there's a point to this line of questioning.

The point is! I wonder if that means we'll be seeing AA games on PSP and Wii. Considering Gyakuten Saiban 4 is one of the best-selling DS games of all time, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom tried to milk it for all its worth. That's kinda what Capcom does--milk titles until they're completely lame.

I do like the Capcom character cameo seen in that trailer, which proves that this title has even more so-lame-it's-awesome potential than I could've expected. Looking forward to it!!! !

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by surasshu; Sep 5, 2007 at 06:09 AM.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:43 PM #10 of 14
Harvey Birdman is awesome. Phoenix Wright is awesome. And Capcom cameos are awesome (especially when they involve setting Guile's hair on fire). Therefore 1 + 1 = this game's gonna ROCK!!!

Most amazing jew boots
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 8, 2007, 05:45 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2007, 08:45 PM #11 of 14
So hey, Capcom revealed a whole heap of box art today, including!

Classy!

How ya doing, buddy?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:24 AM #12 of 14
Hahaha, I love how dramatic the box art is. I definitely want to try out this game, i've never played the Phoenix Wright games, so I wanna see what makes this trial stuff so good. Thank god it's one of my favorite shows, Harvey Birdman.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:21 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2007, 11:21 AM #13 of 14
Hey, remember all those Simpsons games that were baldfaced ripoffs of other games? Yeah, I think it's going to end up something like that. This screams "Quick, half-assed cash grab" so hard it makes Swiss yodellers blush.
Supposedly, many of the writers for the show got on board to help out for the game, so here's hoping it'll turn out just as funny as it sounds.

Most amazing jew boots
chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:17 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2007, 04:17 PM #14 of 14
I tried this out at COMIC-CON this year, I love harvey birdman and Phoenix Wright, but this game tried way too hard to be just like the show. There isn't much game-like play, it's mostly choosing a random answer out of a multiple choice, while the voice acting was nice and all but I didn't get to see phil while I was playing.

Hopefully there's alot more to it then what I got to play, it feels like it's just fan-treat because it has a lot of references to the show. Which is nice, but hopefully when it comes out it's atleast not insulting.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. A game in the same vein as Phoenix Wright.