Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: How do you envelope?
I lick them. 21 75.00%
I use water or some tool to apply water. 6 21.43%
I use self sealing envelopes. 9 32.14%
I buy stamps beforehand. 10 35.71%
I let the post office take care of it. 3 10.71%
I fold in thirds. 14 50.00%
I fold in quarters. 2 7.14%
I don't know how to fold. ;_; 1 3.57%
Other (of all kinds) 2 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Envelopes

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:13 AM #1 of 14
Envelopes

Writing my penpal letters just made me think:
For those of you who still write letters, file complaints, make appeals or whatnot, how do you seal your envelopes?

Do you lick your envelope and seal it the usual way?
Do you get water and streak it across the adhering area, or use some kind of tool to do so?
Do you use self sealing envelopes instead?
Is tape the usual solution for you? (Other)

As for postage:
Do you buy stamps beforehand?
or Do you just go to the post office and have them stamp it for you there?

How about folding:
Fold in it in thirds to fit neatly in the envelope?
Quarters for excess space?
Don't know how to fold your letters?

I'll use water if it's not too much effort to get up, otherwise I'll lick it if water is too far. I have the people at the post office applies stamps for me, and I fold in thirds.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Summonmaster; Feb 19, 2007 at 02:16 PM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:17 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 03:17 AM #2 of 14
I lick them! I love the unique taste and feeling of licking the glue of envelopes!

I fold all my papers into thirds because it looks very professional. Usually buy postage when at the post office.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:34 AM #3 of 14
I'm hold an office position in my concert choir at school. I'm secretary. :|

Meaning, my teacher leaves me with all the envelope and mailing work. I usually do it in a rush, but I always found licking the envelope closed always worked better than using water.

As for folding papers... Thirds.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 04:01 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 07:01 PM #4 of 14
I use self sealing envelopes...but, if not, I just lick 'em. I don't mind it at all. As for folding...it would seem I forgot to put in my choice, but I can divulge that I fold my letters in thirds. And stamps? I use bought ones.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 05:16 AM #5 of 14
You need to edit in tape as a sealing method. I always just ignore the sticky strip and just seal the thing up with three strips of scotch tape. It's a lot less of a hassle, and no disgusting taste from licking the envelope.

I keep a roll of stamps around to make things easy when paying bills. I'd hate to run out to the post office every time. I have hundreds of those little naming labels too, but only paid for about 50 when I first moved in. Bless those disabled veterans and their generosity for continuing to send me address labels, despite the fact that I've never sent them a dime!

I've never really thought about a specific folding technique for the letters though. Generally whatever makes it fit the best, which in most cases would be thirds.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 07:37 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 04:37 AM #6 of 14
Christ this is a bad thread.

Where is the poll option for using bodily fluids other than saliva? Other doesn't really cover it.

I personally use a mixture of blood, semen and tears.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:56 AM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 09:56 AM #7 of 14
Note to self: Never become penpals with ramoth.

Anyway, I seal them either by licking or running water from a faucet... whatever I feel like at the time. I always have a stamp book lying around somewhere that usually takes some thinking for a few minutes to find. Lastly, I fold into thirds. I'm not perfect with it, but I get it good to fit in the envelope.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:20 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 06:20 PM #8 of 14
I tend to use self-sealing envelopes, because that's all that seems to be commonly on sale around here. Then I forget, and lick them anyway. Which often makes then fail to seal at all, so I often have to seal letters with Scotch tape. Folding letters in thirds comes naturally to me, because it makes a sheet of A4 exactly the right size for a DL envelope. Those are the most standard sizes in this part of the world.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 01:14 PM #9 of 14
I usually have self sealing envelopes with me. If for some reason I don't have those, I'll use tape or water to close them. I quit licking envelopes years ago.

Most amazing jew boots
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:05 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 09:05 PM #10 of 14
When I'm at work all I will use is the self-sealing ones, I ain't gonna lick over 100 letters a day. At home I use the envelopes that I have to lick, I rarely send out letters when at home anyway so it isn't too bad.

We have a batch of stamps in a drawer somewhere, and these are ones that I don't have to lick, they are like stickers, and go straight onto the envelope.

As for the folding of letters, I have gotten pretty good at it, I make sure that all the letters that I send out are folded into thirds.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:26 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 01:26 PM #11 of 14
I either use water or my own saliva depending on whether or not I'm in the mood to tolerate the aftertaste of envelope glue. I haven't sent good old snail mail in a while, however. The last thing I sent that way was my Christmas card to Spatula.

EDIT: Argh, I didn't see that there were other options to this question. ;_; Anyway, I buy my stamps in bulk beforehand so I don't have to make any large, out-of-the-way trips to the post office. Also, I'm not quite sure what the proper way to fold letters is, so I guess I don't really fold them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Feb 19, 2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Annexing poll choices I should've included anyway.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 03:33 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 12:33 PM #12 of 14
I have self-sealing envelopes that I like using. Either those or simply run water on the seals. I use stamps for letters mailed within the U.S., and I take anything I need to send overseas to the post office instead.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 07:51 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 05:51 PM #13 of 14
After watching that Seinfeld episode, I just get the nearest jackass to lick my envelopes for me. In the case that I am alone, I take the bullet, but seriously, I don't wanna die from no cheap glue.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 08:47 PM #14 of 14
Oh gosh, that's exactly what I think of 60% of the time, as corny as it sounds. That and the story about accidentally cutting your tongue on the envelope which happened to have tiny bug eggs on it or something. Gross! >xP

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Envelopes