Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD

cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 31, 2008, 05:43 AM Local time: May 31, 2008, 02:43 AM #1351 of 1533
Ah but so many other interesting sections in the forum to have stimulating conversations with everyone, so zippy and leaves a sting!

FELIPE NO
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 05:59 AM #1352 of 1533
Here, I'll illustrate my point. You have promised to go elsewhere when you talk about video games or anime. Let's see how many of your posts involve anything else! ChocoPie, will you do the honors?

Oh, wow! Looks like Video Games or Anime comprise at least 97% of things you know how to talk about. There is that one post in Hardware, though... I wonder what it's about! Probably something that has nothing to do with video games at all, since you're such a well-rounded—

Originally Posted by cloud baka
I have a HP w1907 that's HDCP enabled and i was wanted to play PS3 games on it
oh nooooooooooooo GET THE FUCK OUT

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 31, 2008, 06:03 AM Local time: May 31, 2008, 03:03 AM #1353 of 1533
I'm just so happy on the amount of energy you're using all just for me

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 06:05 AM Local time: May 31, 2008, 04:05 PM #1354 of 1533
These forums were doomed and lost all charm when ffshrine took the lead in all gaming music rips, now it is infested with nothing but self satisfying jokes.

Moderators will warn you if you will offend their friends, and those friends with PR can do whatever, mods breaking rules themeselves[using foul language] and above all where MGS4 is like holy religion, not adding spoiler tag is sacrilege.

And than these same guys expect others to take them seriously.

I don't undertsand the pride, where there are forums like neogaf i can goto, why they think banning is like end of the world, time has changed[move on guys, get a life] now there are millions of sound people to discuss games with, even youtube has better people[net is evergrowing].

Irony of it is , majority stuff is copied from neogaf in this thread or other forums, lol why to come here and care about juvenile humor?

Ban me if you will , i know it will hurt many egos.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 06:11 AM Local time: May 31, 2008, 02:11 PM 1 #1355 of 1533
These forums were doomed and lost all charm when ffshrine took the lead in all gaming music rips

So the charm of this place was gaming music rips? What about the interesting stimulating conversationg about Metal Gear Solid 4 among fellow Metal Gear Solid 4 fans?! No wonder blah is spinning in his gra- oh.

EDIT:

A few corrections. Foul words are not against rules (because this is not gamefaqs and wetakeprideinbeingdifferentfrom gamefaqs and it really matters) and people are not banned in order to hopefully deeply insult them. It is to keep that person from pestering others. Do you think they lock up criminals just to make them pissed off? Did I just compare banned member to criminals maybe i didnt

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; May 31, 2008 at 06:15 AM.
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 31, 2008, 06:12 AM Local time: May 31, 2008, 03:12 AM #1356 of 1533
Don't take me seriously cause i don't take you guys seriously. In fact it's just kinda overly silly you took the effort to get the pie chart out (98% now), lighten up.

Yes i have other things that interest me, however i discuss them in real life with friends and or family. I don't talk much about anime or games with them cause they aren't really all that interested which is fine. Hence my reason for being here, if i want to post in just video games or anime section i can.. i mostly did it years ago, i'll do it now.

If you don't like me fine, i'm not a spiteful person and i want to try to get a long with everyone, i don't look to make confrontation or make anyone feel bad. I can take the jab jokes and i assume most of you can as well. Sorry if i did anything to make people feel otherwise, i was just here minding my business. I just didn't think GFF would ever come to making fun of all the threads in the video game section and make it any less than it is.

EDIT: Added to my pie %

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by cloud baka; May 31, 2008 at 06:44 AM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 06:32 AM #1357 of 1533
The pie chart takes two clicks, duderino. Not exactly an epic struggle there.

NOW IT IS OVERWROUGHT DISSECTION TIME

Originally Posted by sexninja
These forums were doomed and lost all charm when ffshrine took the lead in all gaming music rips, now it is infested with nothing but self satisfying jokes.
"Charm" is dependent on how much you can get from somebody? Man, you must be a lot of fun on dates. In my experience, "charm" is derived mostly from character and personality.

Originally Posted by ninjasex
mods breaking rules themeselves[using foul language]
When have we ever had rules against foul language? Show your work.

Originally Posted by sex! ninja!
and above all where MGS4 is like holy religion, not adding spoiler tag is sacrilege.
It's called "basic consideration for others" and it's one of those, whatchamacallit, social skills. Oh, how awkward for you!

Originally Posted by DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME
I don't undertsand the pride, where there are forums like neogaf i can goto
You seem to be confused about a few things. Telling us that you're going to go get your files elsewhere is not really a threat to anybody. I really don't get what point you're trying to make; if you're telling us that GFF is not the place for you, well — I agree? Bon voyage? Best of luck with your future endeavors? You're not a client, we don't lose anything if you decide to get the fuck out.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 08:28 AM #1358 of 1533
Can we get back to talking about MGS4 instead of the internal conflict?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 10:09 AM Local time: May 31, 2008, 08:09 PM #1359 of 1533
We can only talk so much , evrything about MGS4 from now on is holy spoilers lol.

software became holy thing in 2008.

as for others

Gamefaqs are much better for rare games, import titles, for seeking walkthroughs or translation and what not?

Ok you get noobs on gfaqs but situation isn't different anywhere else.
Atleast gfaqs has forums for every rare game, and atleast they are civil, above all it doesnt has biased mods.

Gfaqs is general hub and always helpful, too bad this site has only flashy presentation but no substantial people to talk to, seriously in each gaming thread same 15 to 20 people share and live happily in their gated ponds, if thats your defination of forums good for you.

It has got too limited for my taste.

"So the charm of this place was gaming music rips? What about the interesting stimulating conversationg about Metal Gear Solid 4 among fellow Metal Gear Solid 4 fans?"

Not even close to simulating but lessons that how much forums sucks nowadays.

I remember GFF was the only place to get your soundtracks and rips, that what attracted me , now it has nothing EXCLUSIVE to offer.

and "deeply insult them", hahaha who care about net profile, reps, stars and all that atificial online shit, seriously what a sense of satisfaction, do you get satisfaction by insulting totally anonymous people online?who you dont even know , calling them criminals, bragging your shit

kojima said himself

"americans like to brag"

keep that doing.

i can only laugh and flee, too bad the people who act as MR.knowitall and brag their selfsatisfying shit to do EGO MASSAGE and feel good [as if it is some kind of acheivement] are the ones who are complete losers in real life.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 10:39 AM Local time: May 31, 2008, 04:39 PM #1360 of 1533
We can only talk so much , evrything about MGS4 from now on is holy spoilers lol.

software became holy thing in 2008.

as for others

Gamefaqs are much better for rare games, import titles, for seeking walkthroughs or translation and what not?

Ok you get noobs on gfaqs but situation isn't different anywhere else.
Atleast gfaqs has forums for every rare game, and atleast they are civil, above all it doesnt has biased mods.

Gfaqs is general hub and always helpful, too bad this site has only flashy presentation but no substantial people to talk to, seriously in each gaming thread same 15 to 20 people share and live happily in their gated ponds, if thats your defination of forums good for you.

It has got too limited for my taste.

"So the charm of this place was gaming music rips? What about the interesting stimulating conversationg about Metal Gear Solid 4 among fellow Metal Gear Solid 4 fans?"

Not even close to simulating but lessons that how much forums sucks nowadays.

I remember GFF was the only place to get your soundtracks and rips, that what attracted me , now it has nothing EXCLUSIVE to offer.

and "deeply insult them", hahaha who care about net profile, reps, stars and all that atificial online shit, seriously what a sense of satisfaction, do you get satisfaction by insulting totally anonymous people online?who you dont even know , calling them criminals, bragging your shit

kojima said himself

"americans like to brag"

keep that doing.

i can only laugh and flee, too bad the people who act as MR.knowitall and brag their selfsatisfying shit to do EGO MASSAGE and feel good [as if it is some kind of acheivement] are the ones who are complete losers in real life.
What the fuck are you even talking about? If you're going to spout useless shit at us, at least do us the courtesy of framing in basic English. Are you an actual technical retard or just really rubbish at talking?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 11:06 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2008, 02:06 AM 3 #1361 of 1533
But Shin, he has been the posting on around NeoGAF, so the brain. It become busted now. For the Metal Gear discussion word exchange.

"...."

even youtube has better people
I have to admit, this is a pretty good insult!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old May 31, 2008, 12:20 PM #1362 of 1533
i can't talk about mgs4 b/c i hate to talk inside of spoilers

i worship a piece of plastic, also 010101011010

in the news today!

i enjoy eating paste

sometimes i look at paste eaters and think i can eat paste better than them

but we eat paste anyway

there has to be better paste out there.

the guy sneaks around in a box; sometimes there are exclamation marks

downloading music on the internet gives me happy feelings but not anymore, not here, ow.

and "deeply insult them", hahaha i'll take the time to eat more paste but you shouldn't care since i don't keep count

kojima said himself

"We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually"

keep that doing.

om nom nom nom paste
Pro tip: Most people don't go to GameFaqs for the discussion. They go for FAQs, walkthroughs, and cheat codes. If you aren't satisfied with what is available here then either add to this place in order to fill that satisfaction or just shut up and go with the flow or leave. Your choice.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 12:22 PM #1363 of 1533
I don't think he knows how to leave; this is why he keeps passive-aggressively insinuating that we will ban him. He cannot save himself from himself

How ya doing, buddy?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 01:02 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 12:02 PM 1 #1364 of 1533
Guys, can we stop beating a dead {and stupid} horse and get back to discussing strategies for completing Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking DS? Additionally, do any of you know any cheats I could use to complete the game without actually quitting smoking? That would be really helpful. Remember to use spoiler tags if you are going to discuss specific plot related items, such as

Spoiler:
at the beginning of the game, your character is a smoker.

Thanks guys

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 01:56 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 11:56 AM #1365 of 1533
EG's review of Allen Carr's is up. 9/10.

SERIOUSLY GUYS I WANT THIS GAME NOT ONLY TO BE GOOD, BUT TO BE AMAZINGLY AWESOME ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2008, 03:42 PM 2 #1366 of 1533
Well I heard that later on in the game:

Spoiler:
Your best friend dies from smoking too much, so you have to go around on a worldwide quest to stop the Cigarette Corporation from taking over the world.

cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 31, 2008, 04:23 PM Local time: May 31, 2008, 01:23 PM #1367 of 1533
Seems like Kotaku can't rid of the 90 minute rumor thinking it's within the "what we can't talk about in reviews". Don't really care about review scores but seems like everyone including the reviewers are blowing everything out of proportion. Then some getting critical it only got a 8/10 which is still very good based on the group reviewing, doesn't deserve the lashing out it is getting. I'm pretty sure the hefty list of what Kojima doesn't what them to talk about is what the game entails like back when there was all the hush-hush about MGS2.. (spoiler tag for MGS2)
Spoiler:
back when most of the screens and video was all about the tanker incident in the beginning of the game.. was a shock to most people and sometimes to their dismay to control another character and a entirely different area

FELIPE NO
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 06:21 PM #1368 of 1533
Hm well here's a LQ short cutscene from the game that aired on UK television on the Bravo channel. Nothing really spoilerish..
YouTube - mgs4

MTV also has up the US TV commercial that will air tonight during the MTV Movie Awards. It's basically a 30 second version of the "Courage is Solid" trailer but still neat nonetheless:
MTV Multiplayer » Exclusive ‘Metal Gear Solid 4′ Trailer

Finally the "Prologue of Metal Gear Solid 4" thats in the new Famitsu Wave are now now online and can be viewed here..
《合金装备4》Famits u特别影象 | 游戏时代

Not too much spoilers from what I saw. The last video showcases that graveyard scene we saw in the E3 2006 video only with the upgraded visuals and lighting. Also in the video you get a peek at the Raiden Vs Gekkos only how it looks in the final game.

cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old Jun 2, 2008, 04:22 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2008, 01:22 PM #1369 of 1533
If anyone else needs it, here is a few more things to help ease the MGS excitement.

On the Playstation Blog it's once again Metal Gear Mondays, they have the top 12 tips for MGS4 - spoiler free, in fact this is some stuff we've already talked about such as Stress and Psyche gauge, just more in depth. Also talks about when Snake goes into a "Combat High" what the advantages and repercussions could result in:
PSB - Metal Gear Mondays - Top 12 Tips MGS4.

Gametrailers has Part 2 of the Bonus Round table discussion with David Hayer (voice of Snake), N'Gai Croal (Editor in Tech, Newsweek), and Rob Smith (Editor in Chief, PSM). Summary of it is just talking about how Snake and the gameplay has developed over the years.. about him aging and how the gameplay is more global user friendly:
Gametrailers: Bonus Round Part 2.

Last but not least is the MGS4 World Tour Signing Website with the tour locations and dates of when they'll be around to sign autographs. Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa, David Hayter, Yumi Kikuchi, Ken Imaizumi, and Ryan Payton will all be available for autographs except on release day (midnight) Kojima and team will be at the New York signing while other half in LA. I'm hoping i can make it to the San Francisco signing on the 14th, would be awesome.

Everything, spoiler free (shhhh Konami is watching me.... i must stay within their limitations on which to talk about MGS4).

EDIT: They just put up the 4th MGS Retrospective on Gametrailers, discusses MGS 3: Snake Eater / Subsistence and Portable Ops. There are spoilers for those who haven't played those games (no MGS4 spoilers), but it's pretty nice and thorough. Gametrailers.com - Metal Gear Retrospective - Part Four, enjoy.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by cloud baka; Jun 2, 2008 at 06:42 PM.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:12 PM #1370 of 1533
Well Konami finally issued some better press kits of the Euro LE pack:

Apparently there were only 25,000 of these things for the whole of Euroland with Play.com being the UK distributor who are all sold out.

Sony Japan also have up a new TV spot for the game too...
http://www.jp.playstation.com/movie/...m_mgs4_fan.asx

IGN also has a video interview up with Hideo Kojima. Some new footage is present in the interview but nothing really spoilerish as you see the in-game iPod put to use and the weapon customisation screenL
IGN Video: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PlayStation 3 Interview - Video Interview

Countdown is now down to the single digits. 8 days!!

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 04:56 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 12:56 PM #1371 of 1533
So now Famitsu has given Cooking Guide 40/40.

Finally we Cooking Guide fans can rest assured that we are playing the best possible game.................

Not that people didn't call foul when the same magazine gave the same score to Nintendogs, FFXII and Smash Brawl. But this time it should be ok!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:57 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 01:57 PM #1372 of 1533
whats with the random names.. i dont get it..

and didnt Famitsu give DOA xtreme beach vollyboll a super high score?

Most amazing jew boots
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 01:29 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 08:29 PM #1373 of 1533
Apparently the first copies of the game have been leaked today.

spoiled for image size:

This is the point where everyone who cares about the game might want to take a break from any Metal Gear threads and maybe even gaming sites in general. That's what I'm gonna do, anyway. You never know when some cunt is going to decide to post an untagged spoiler, and this is one game where that should definitely be avoided if you want to fully enjoy playing it yourself.

Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Jun 4, 2008, 01:39 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 08:39 PM #1374 of 1533
Untagged spoilers in gaming forum titles are probably the best in that regard.
Interesting thing that the disc pictured above is either an european or actually a German disc. So here's to hoping I might get it early too. *_*

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 01:41 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 12:41 PM 1 #1375 of 1533
Argh, stop changing the title you guys. I actually needed ideas for what to eat. :[

FELIPE NO

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD