Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Would a PS1 Game From The UK Work In a USA PS3?

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:54 PM #1 of 5
Would a PS1 Game From The UK Work In a USA PS3?

I don't know if the PS3 region locks backwards compatibility or what but I've been wanting to pick-up two 007 games and one of them was a UK PSX release only - but what good is it buying it if I can't play it?

Anyone here know if a PSX game from the UK will work in my PS3 in the USA?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:50 PM #2 of 5
I'm 99% sure it would still be region locked. There are actually 3 Bluray Regions IIRC, but most releases are put out Region Free by choice, and it's a non-issue for games because the US and Japan are in the same Bluray Region anyway. PS1/2 content should still be Region locked. If by any chance you have an actual PS1 unit there's easy ways around Region locking if you're so inclined, or if you have a PC that's able to run a decent PS1 emulator.

I've typed Region too many times now and it's become one of those words that means nothing now, fuck.

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:33 PM #3 of 5
Damn, I was hoping I could play the PSX port of The World Is Not Enough now that I'm done with Quantum Of Solace for the PS3 and there's 2 weeks till Goldeneye Reloaded.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:12 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2011, 01:12 PM #4 of 5
Yeah, the region free thing is not in the console itself, it's just that pretty much every PS3 game is released region free. Should a publisher suddenly decide they want to put a region lock on the disc, they would.

There are a lot of 360 games that are region free, despite the console not considered "region free".

PS1 games are pretty much all region locked, so they won't work. I recommend getting a PS1 emulator if you can't get your hands on a PAL console.

Most amazing jew boots

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:53 AM #5 of 5
Well, thanks for saving me the money, fellas.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Would a PS1 Game From The UK Work In a USA PS3?